Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I doubt it was a scam coming from WOAI...I just think it wasn't very well planned...but yeah...try and get some free Spurs tickets out of this some how..

Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks like thats where you messed up. It doesn't sound like you were that excited to go anyway, just really dissapointed that it didn't work out.
    I wasn't the "original" winner. Someone prior to me won but he/she bailed because of the hotel accommodations which were to be paid by the winner. On my end, I don't know how long ago that took place but once I was contacted, I only had three days to prepare. The technicalities were on their end. The time had expired for the "other" winner to claim the tickets. I wasn't given any time frame other than the remaining three days. WOAI knew I accepted the trip. So what if I didn't seem excited or was running around the room like a soccer hooligan, I still wanted to go.

Rebel, IF you have some email correspondence with them, email me at [email protected]
    Thanks for the email address.

If you live in the viewing area, does anyone remember the contest? I may be dreaming it, LOL.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is this a contest you registered for or did the call just come out of the blue?

Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is this a contest you registered for or did the call just come out of the blue?
    I registered on the WOAI website.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I remember Don Harris announcing it. You're not crazy S .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so, what happened? who was at fault? the trouble shooters want to know

Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so, what happened? who was at fault? the trouble shooters want to know
    I was contacted by the station. They in turn contacted CTP. I have 30 days the claim the trip. However, the point of the trip was the Spurs. The trip to the Virgin Islands now is meaningless. He made no mention of tickets or any kind of compensation.

WOAI sucks but it isn't over. I will get something out of it.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    are the tickets liek voucher tickets?? as in transferable?
    maybe you could at least sell them.

totally unconnected with WOAI - but this last season I won airline tickets from southwest doign the Coyote Races at a spurs game. i couldn't go beofre they expired so I sold them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Hey man, a free trip to the Virgin Islands isn't the end of the world!!!! Even if the Spurs aren't there!

Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    are the tickets liek voucher tickets?? as in transferable?
    maybe you could at least sell them.

totally unconnected with WOAI - but this last season I won airline tickets from southwest doign the Coyote Races at a spurs game. i couldn't go beofre they expired so I sold them.
    I also won SWA tickets at a playoff game. I did the "what city is this?" I ended up going to Vegas.

I may sell them. I will have to call this chick and ask. I know I can't go now. I have work. So, who wants to go to the Virgin Islands? Name your price!

Thread Information