Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe so. But, I'm sated, ap's. I've had my day in the sun. There was once days when I did not have enough, and what's more:::I knew it.

I have enough.
    You are the Renaissance Man of this site. I applaud you and your work here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You are the Renaissance Man of this site. I applaud you and your work here.
    That's very kind of you, tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Wall, come to the Spurs.........................lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people are NOT in the league of Timmy and Manu.....

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd ship Wall out. He's garbage. He's Gilbert Arenas 2.0.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 42.6 and 42.9 career FG shooter. These guys have been put in inflated rolls, and they have this delusion that they're that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he can't.

Kobe thought like that and its looking like he's destroyed the first two valuable years of their younger asset.
    Well obviously TP is not as bad as you say (like Kobe) because even with him 'acting" like that, SA has won a le recently and the young guys are developing at a MVP level.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well obviously TP is not as bad as you say (like Kobe) because even with him 'acting" like that, SA has won a le recently and the young guys are developing at a MVP level.

You won two recently. Your 1st 5th + your 2nd 5th.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, so stupid for two players who are good but so overrated.

I know it's not all about Kobe, but this is the Kobe generation. These players bought into and loved the wrong type of player. No one outside of a Nike Marketing campaign walks around saying words like "alpha". It's really ridiculous and shows you were their heads are really at.

Not about winning. Not about doing the hard work, but me. This is Kobe's legacy and it's not all his fault. He was a genius marketer and reached and influenced a lot of young ballers. Unfortunately for them, it's bs.
    Well put. Before Kobe, nobody would have been so re ed as to call themselves an alpha in an interview.

To be fair, though, Kobe at least worked his ass off to make himself the best player that he could, and individually couldn't have done much more than he did. It's too bad that he never understood the concept of the team because he cared more about his personal legacy. That's really what an "alpha" in today's NBA is: A guy who shouldn't have picked a team sport, and that is definitely his legacy. These guys are as far removed from Kobe as Kobe was from Jordan, who was perfectly happy to team up with Pippen as long as it meant they got to win every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a 4x champion - he can think like that. It's when that mindset prevents you from winning a le like the woefully under performing Wizards.
    If Parker really thought like that, he'd have bolted for a big market the first chance he had.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well put. Before Kobe, nobody would have been so re ed as to call themselves an alpha in an interview.

To be fair, though, Kobe at least worked his ass off to make himself the best player that he could, and individually couldn't have done much more than he did. It's too bad that he never understood the concept of the team because he cared more about his personal legacy. That's really what an "alpha" in today's NBA is: A guy who shouldn't have picked a team sport, and that is definitely his legacy. These guys are as far removed from Kobe as Kobe was from Jordan, who was perfectly happy to team up with Pippen as long as it meant they got to win every game.
    Though Jordan did act with enough recklessness to get himself booted from the NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

What?!!! Jordan was the alpha male role model ...sure he teamed up with pippen because pippen was a beta that knew his place. If pipp tried this beal is doing, Jordan would have put Scottie in check. This post proves obstructed doesnt know about Jordan and one of the naive that ignores the fact Jordan punched and bullied his team-mates.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Parker really thought like that, he'd have bolted for a big market the first chance he had.
    I have no doubt he would have if the Spurs hadn't have s ed out the dough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt he would have if the Spurs hadn't have s ed out the dough.
    Not sure where that opinion comes from. I certainly don't remember money ever coming up as an issue with him. , I don't even remember Parker talking to other teams when he was a free agent, though I'm sure it had to happen at least once. From what I remember, he's always signed contracts that are market or below, and he does them quickly and quietly and has nothing but praise for the organization and the team. By any measure, he's nearly without question the most loyal player in the history of the franchise. He's sacrificed his numbers for the betterment of the team his entire career, and it will take a bit more than the Jack's ramblings on the radio to change my mind.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    O_V

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed - was just pointing out the flaws in the point on all sides.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What?!!! Jordan was the alpha male role model ...sure he teamed up with pippen because pippen was a beta that knew his place. If pipp tried this beal is doing, Jordan would have put Scottie in check. This post proves obstructed doesnt know about Jordan and one of the naive that ignores the fact Jordan punched and bullied his team-mates.
    lol OV is the guy who once said "Dwight Howard is a black Kevin Love" so just take anything he says with that in mind.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol OV is the guy who once said "Dwight Howard is a black Kevin Love" so just take anything he says with that in mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I apologized to Kevin Love a long time ago for that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure where that opinion comes from. I certainly don't remember money ever coming up as an issue with him. , I don't even remember Parker talking to other teams when he was a free agent, though I'm sure it had to happen at least once. From what I remember, he's always signed contracts that are market or below, and he does them quickly and quietly and has nothing but praise for the organization and the team. By any measure, he's nearly without question the most loyal player in the history of the franchise. He's sacrificed his numbers for the betterment of the team his entire career, and it will take a bit more than the Jack's ramblings on the radio to change my mind.
    When Parker signed for 6/66 in 2004, that was considered a large and "ambitious" contract. It was definitely not below market either. And if anyone was going below market, it was Manu, who signed for 6/52 that same summer.

As for Tony's current salary, I don't think you'd find anyone calling it market or below market value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unsportsmanlike

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Parker signed for 6/66 in 2004, that was considered a large and "ambitious" contract. It was definitely not below market either. And if anyone was going below market, it was Manu, who signed for 6/52 that same summer.

As for Tony's current salary, I don't think you'd find anyone calling it market or below market value.
    If there's anyone in the world that thinks Tony Parker didn't more than live up to that contract in 2004, I'm sure they reside on Spurstalk. And considering what Mike Conley's making, I think I'd disagree with you on that last point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the contract the wizards gave beal
    today's wizards

Thread Information