Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...ch-other-court
    It's no secret that the Wizards' future -- and two best and highest-paid players -- have work to do with builidng their relationship. It's Wall's seventh season and Beal's fifth.

"I think a lot of times we have a tendency to dislike each other on the court. … We got to be able to put that to the side. If you miss somebody on one play or don’t have something go right ... as long as you come to each other and talk. If I starting arguing with somebody I’m cool. I’m just playing basketball," Wall said in a sitdown interview with CSN's Chris Miller that airs tonight, Wizards Central: Offseason Grind, at 7:30 p.m. ET.

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star."

Since the backcourt has played together for four years, there's a tendency to asume that they're best friends. But they don't spend much time together outside of Verizon Center and they have had to be separated on more than one occassion after blowups.
    Beal's first injury last season was a shoulder contusion that came a few games prior to that episode, when he went down to the floor for a loose ball and took a knee against the Atlanta Hawks. While teammates ran to his aid, Wall bypassed Beal and walked to the other end of the court during the dead ball. This sort of body language speaks more than any words.
    "It’s tough because we’re both alphas. It’s always tough when you have two guys who firmly believe in themselves, who will bet on themselves against anybody else, who want to be that guy. We both can be that guy," Beal said.

“I want it all to be on me. At the same time I want him to be right there with me. He’s my sidekick. I’m A. He’s A-1. He’s right there," Wall said.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Awesome. Like both but they are both overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think, if Durant had gone there, they'd unite in their hate for him and each their potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These scrubs are way too ty to be thinking like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, so stupid for two players who are good but so overrated.

I know it's not all about Kobe, but this is the Kobe generation. These players bought into and loved the wrong type of player. No one outside of a Nike Marketing campaign walks around saying words like "alpha". It's really ridiculous and shows you were their heads are really at.

Not about winning. Not about doing the hard work, but me. This is Kobe's legacy and it's not all his fault. He was a genius marketer and reached and influenced a lot of young ballers. Unfortunately for them, it's bs.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I know it's not all about Kobe, but this is the Kobe generation. These players bought into and loved the wrong type of player. No one outside of a Nike Marketing campaign walks around saying words like "alpha". It's really ridiculous and shows you were their heads are really at.

Not about winning. Not about doing the hard work, but me. This is Kobe's legacy and it's not all his fault. He was a genius marketer and reached and influenced a lot of young ballers. Unfortunately for them, it's bs.
    Kobe: 5

the tired old bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe: 5

the tired old bag Duncan: 2nd 5th
    What does the fact that 2 5ths > 1 5th have to do with what I said?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What does the fact that 2 5ths > 1 5th have to do with what I said?
    Absolutely nothing. I was just trolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I think you underestimate the alpha male macho culture to say no one talks that way ..
    Only a true beta would think that way ....

Kidding

Deeps about the beta part meant the rest.
    Some huge egos in compe ive sports ...you have been watching the kumbaya Spurs for to long.
    Kobe picked that up from Jordan like 75% of his .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...we are in' blessed to go from Tim to Kawhi lookin at how this new breed of pseudo NBA stars are carrying themselves ...With Pop still at the helm, even if we don't come close to a ring for the next half decade, it wouldn't be because of internal cancerous issues/characters, it is just the Spurs aren't simply good enough..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Exactly...we are in' blessed to go from Tim to Kawhi lookin at how this new breed of pseudo NBA stars are carrying themselves ...With Pop still at the helm, even if we don't come close to a ring for the next half decade, it wouldn't be because of internal cancerous issues/characters, it is just the Spurs aren't simply good enough..
    Great point ...
    This is more the norm.
    Spurs are special even magic and kareem had beef ...they got over it and won but the aint easy these dudes have huge egos.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You don't need to like each other to be successful. Look at Kobe and Shaq, Rodman and Pippen, Lebron and Kevin Love and of course Duncan and Tony Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you underestimate the alpha male macho culture to say no one talks that way ..
    Only a true beta would think that way ....

Kidding

Deeps about the beta part meant the rest.
    Some huge egos in compe ive sports ...you have been watching the kumbaya Spurs for to long.
    Kobe picked that up from Jordan like 75% of his .
    Maybe true - might be sheltered from all of this because of the Spurs. But it's still amazing to me how great of a marketer Kobe is/was. He truly built this brand and it impacted so many of these players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker thinks like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker thinks like that.
    Parker is a 4x champion - he can think like that. It's when that mindset prevents you from winning a le like the woefully under performing Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need to like each other to be successful. Look at Kobe and Shaq, Rodman and Pippen, Lebron and Kevin Love and of course Duncan and Tony Parker.
    Duncan and Parker actually hang out with each other outside basketball pretty often; they don't hate each other. Don't think Lebron and Love do either tbh, and the fact Kobe and Shaq hated each other kept them from winning more than they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a 4x champion - he can think like that. It's when that mindset prevents you from winning a le like the woefully under performing Wizards.
    No he can't.

Kobe thought like that and its looking like he's destroyed the first two valuable years of their younger asset.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No he can't.

Kobe thought like that and its looking like he's destroyed the first two valuable years of their younger asset.
    Whereas because of Duncan's sexuality you had to win your 1st 5th a 2nd time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whereas because of Duncan's sexuality you had to win your 1st 5th a 2nd time.
    Do you have enough years in your life to witness the lakers make the playoffs again?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you have enough years in your life to witness the lakers make the playoffs again?
    I don't believe so. But, I'm sated, ap's. I've had my day in the sun. There was once days when I did not have enough, and what's more:::I knew it.

I have enough.

Thread Information