Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Jim Nantz and Phil Simms can make football unwatchable

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    its not even that i think the ravens suck, but i'm just done giving them the free "they're solid, probably playoffs" benefit of the doubt that they'd gotten for seemingly far too long, including early last season
    Far too long? I mean, they made the playoffs every year from 2008-2012, and after 2010 or so they were a top-four AFC team.

So in 2013, that carried over, especially considering they had just one the Super Bowl.

In 2014 after a good draft and coming off and 8-8 year that seemed more like a hangover than permanent decline, they were picked to make the playoffs again. They do make the playoffs, coming some Belichick trickery away from getting to the AFCC for the third time in four years.

So in 2015, after having another year with SSSr and another draft to recover from their SB exodus and with Harbaugh getting hype as a top-three coach (and getting Jimmy Smith back from injury), yeah, they were hyped as a top team. Then, of course, they get started immediately with the injuries and the anti-clutchness.

If you want to say you aren't giving the Ravens the benefit of the doubt now, that's fine. But it doesn't make sense to think they've been hyped for "far too long". The Ravens have been to the playoffs 6/8 and 7/10 seasons. It understandable why people assumed they would be there.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Not as badly as Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, especially when they are doing a Cowboys game, which is the case on Sunday.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I emphasized the secondary, QB and running game first and foremost are going to be the problem. Also we got Mayowa who ate up blockers and did that dirty work which freed up Mack last year.
    mayowa isn't a difference maker, don't kid yourself. He was on the field less than a third of a time and wasn't impactful

Again, your posts are just substantively re ed. I'm not going to bother with your responses anymore, as I believe there's a legitimate chance you have some learning disability, and I know my nature tends to be to mock people or put them down, and I want to shelter you from that.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 09-08-2016 at 12:17 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Far too long? I mean, they made the playoffs every year from 2008-2012, and after 2010 or so they were a top-four AFC team.

So in 2013, that carried over, especially considering they had just one the Super Bowl.

In 2014 after a good draft and coming off and 8-8 year that seemed more like a hangover than permanent decline, they were picked to make the playoffs again. They do make the playoffs, coming some Belichick trickery away from getting to the AFCC for the third time in four years.

So in 2015, after having another year with SSSr and another draft to recover from their SB exodus and with Harbaugh getting hype as a top-three coach (and getting Jimmy Smith back from injury), yeah, they were hyped as a top team. Then, of course, they get started immediately with the injuries and the anti-clutchness.

If you want to say you aren't giving the Ravens the benefit of the doubt now, that's fine. But it doesn't make sense to think they've been hyped for "far too long". The Ravens have been to the playoffs 6/8 and 7/10 seasons. It understandable why people assumed they would be there.
    that's fair. i guess i've just been conditioned to assume the ravens will make the playoffs without ever looking at their roster, analyzing transactions, etc. Sorta like how new england is always an auto-pick to win the division, i had the ravens in a similar boat, which might have been a fair assumption, as you pointed out.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agree 100%

Grateful for

1) Those guys being kicked off the Madden play-by-play for Madden 16/17
    2) my team being in the NFC
    3) those guys not doing another super bowl until february 2019
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 09-08-2016 at 12:28 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not as badly as Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, especially when they are doing a Cowboys game, which is the case on Sunday.
    Disagree 100%. They're the best cast in the league regardless of who is playing, and have been for a very long time.

Michaels and Collinsworth are a fairly close second and can be pretty good, Michaels in particular can get a little dull and scatterbrained but I like his analyses, and Collinsworth is always fun and analytical and interesting. Love his "whooooop" whenever someone fumbles the ball.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the brilliance of joe buck

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

He's by far the most exciting guy to listen to on play-by-plays. Unless you count Tirico but he's only once per week and not in the playoffs.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

That was my favorite season in my Tampa fandom. It's right up there with the 2006 and 2011 Ravens. Blount, Freeman and Mike Wallace just showed out. Thought they had chances at s om. Look at them now...

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Wanna hear the worst call ever?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Every season we see the same thing, that's guys overreacting to early seasons results, SLOW DOWN and give things some time, ok?

My fav....Chiefs destroy Pats 41-14 in a week 4 game back in 2014 and it's....TOM BRADY IS DONE~ All the Pats did in 2014 was win the SB.

Give things some time.

The Vikes can win without TB, but they can't win the NFC North without him. He didn't lose games. Packers there.

Lucky Cards and Seahawks, to have my Niners/Rams to beat up on.

Giants the class of the East, if there is any class in that weird division.

Panthers too much for the South.

The Pats zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...again in the East.

Steelers stay healthy they are the SB team from the AFC.

How many INT's with Luck pitch in 2016, talk about a weak division.

Here we have the best race in the NFL....Broncos/Chiefs/Raiders. Really hard to get a legit read on that this early.

No ATS plays this season, my man got popped. Will make SU plays just for fun.

Tonight....Panthers. Revenge/QB advantage.

Other plays before Sunday.

Cowherds top 10.

1.Seahawks
    2.Packers
    3.Cards
    4.Bengals
    5.Panthers
    6.Steelers
    7.RAIDERS????
    8.Jets
    9.Chiefs
    10. PATS????

Broncos..??????????
    Last edited by Avante; 09-08-2016 at 01:12 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    that division is overrated, one team may go 9-7 and get in as a wildcard but the AFC North is the only significantly above average division in the weak AFC this year

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    That was my favorite season in my Tampa fandom. It's right up there with the 2006 and 2011 Ravens. Blount, Freeman and Mike Wallace just showed out. Thought they had chances at s om. Look at them now...
    I liked when jamarcus russell and Michael bush beat the bucs in week 17, knocked them out of the playoffs, and got gruden fired

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Disagree 100%. They're the best cast in the league regardless of who is playing, and have been for a very long time..
    Not surprising that a Cowboys fan would like them. Aikman is basically a Cowboys cheerleader the whole game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    that division is overrated, one team may go 9-7 and get in as a wildcard but the AFC North is the only significantly above average division in the weak AFC this year
    I can't be too sold on anything this early on.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I liked when jamarcus russell and Michael bush beat the bucs in week 17, knocked them out of the playoffs, and got gruden fired
    Two years before that vid then. 2010 ended with Kellen Winslow getting called for OPI to take away the TD that would have sent them to the playoffs instead of the Packers (ironically the champs that year). The NFL came out later and apologized for the call, but that was like the most recent Spurs/Thunder series wrapped up in one play.

It's one of those plays that changed the trajectory of multiple teams.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Back when Week 17 games were just random instead of being all division games as the league mandated in like 2010. Ha.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Two years before that vid then. 2010 ended with Kellen Winslow getting called for OPI to take away the TD that would have sent them to the playoffs instead of the Packers (ironically the champs that year). The NFL came out later and apologized for the call, but that was like the most recent Spurs/Thunder series wrapped up in one play.

Can't stand the quackers and their fluke luck like that

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not surprising that a Cowboys fan would like them. Aikman is basically a Cowboys cheerleader the whole game.
    Yeah right... it's actually pretty obvious he tries hard to be the OPPOSITE. He nearly always takes the opposite team's side on every 50/50 call to seem fair, as much as it kills him internally, but takes this to kind of an extreme sometimes.

He's like a liberal working for Fox or a conservative on MSNBC.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

nah, that was 2008... was still the jeff garcia/jon gruden era. by 2010 they were into the raheem morris days

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200812...eers#tab=recap

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He's by far the most exciting guy to listen to on play-by-plays. Unless you count Tirico but he's only once per week and not in the playoffs.
    Tirico won't be broadcasting many games this season.

From Wiki:

Tirico officially joined NBC Sports in July 2016. His first official duties for NBC was calling the first two rounds of the 2016 Open Championship, something he had helped call for previous rights holder ESPN. He then left for Rio de Janeiro almost immediately to help anchor daytime coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics from NBC's beach set. [7]
    While it was originally reported Tirico would perform play-by-play duties for NBC's Thursday Night Football broadcasts, the NFL later revealed that the contract with NBC requires that the network use the lead play-by-play commentator (in this case, Al Michaels) for both Thursday and Sunday night broadcasts. [8] Tirico performed play-by-play duties for NBC's two preseason NFL games, [9] and will also announce Thursday Night games produced by NBC but airing exclusively on NFL Network. NBC Sports chairman Mark Lazarus told Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated he expects Tirico to eventually assume the lead role on NFL broadcasts when Michaels steps down. In the meantime, he will host Football Night in America and the 2016 Ryder Cup, plus fill in for Dan Hicks on Notre Dame Fighting Irish football games.[10]

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tirico won't be broadcasting many games this season.

From Wiki:

Tirico officially joined NBC Sports in July 2016. His first official duties for NBC was calling the first two rounds of the 2016 Open Championship, something he had helped call for previous rights holder ESPN. He then left for Rio de Janeiro almost immediately to help anchor daytime coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics from NBC's beach set. [7]
    While it was originally reported Tirico would perform play-by-play duties for NBC's Thursday Night Football broadcasts, the NFL later revealed that the contract with NBC requires that the network use the lead play-by-play commentator (in this case, Al Michaels) for both Thursday and Sunday night broadcasts. [8] Tirico performed play-by-play duties for NBC's two preseason NFL games, [9] and will also announce Thursday Night games produced by NBC but airing exclusively on NFL Network. NBC Sports chairman Mark Lazarus told Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated he expects Tirico to eventually assume the lead role on NFL broadcasts when Michaels steps down. In the meantime, he will host Football Night in America and the 2016 Ryder Cup, plus fill in for Dan Hicks on Notre Dame Fighting Irish football games.[10]
    So Tirico is going to be the play by play guy for viewers watching the game on NFL Network, while Michaels is the guy for (most) viewers watching the game on NBC?

Seems like a very inefficient waste of resources and money to have two sets of television broadcast teams doing the same game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm assuming that crappy boring old college football PBP guy is going to do the ESPN MNF games this year?

What a f***ing bummer if so.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    So Tirico is going to be the play by play guy for viewers watching the game on NFL Network, while Michaels is the guy for (most) viewers watching the game on NBC?

Seems like a very inefficient waste of resources and money to have two sets of television broadcast teams doing the same game.
    That's not how I understood it. Michaels will be doing the games that are on both NBC and the NFL Network on a particular week and Tirico will be doing the games that are exclusively on the NFL Network for the week.

Thread Information