Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You shouldn't talk about your father like that.
    son they did us dirty more than once tbh.

First off, I'm not your son. So no need for the condescending endearment to try and bolster your argument. Italy has been about defense since the mid-to-late 70's. Their last offense-oriented team was probably the team that made it to the finals in Mexico 70' and even then they lost 4-1 to a truly elite offensive team: Pele and Rivelino's Brazil.

Since then, they've been generally unlikable cause of the flopping. LOL practicing flops.

I do remember watching some "good" Italian games during the 1990 World Cup, but that particular tournament was fun because everytime one-hit wonder, Salvatore "Totò" Schilacci would score a goal the buildup leading up to it was dramatic (with the Univision broadcast team here in the U.S.)... he was the golden boot recipient that tournament if memory serves correct. The broadcaster would slowly build up, "Tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"
    come on son don't be an uppity beans tbh. I said that italy's style was largely based on a short initial rush and then on preserving the result. You could see it in the baggio teams, you could see it in the 70s teams, you could see it in the early catennacio teams and you could see it as late as pirlo/totti/inzaghi/vieri. So they weren't always all out defense.

And lmao saying they lost to a truly elite team after they played the GOAT overtime in the game of the century, these s were tired as ... kinda ignorant on your part son, even many 70s brasil players regularly mention this small "detail". Imo 70 brasil is crazy overrated, besides england and a dog tired italy they beat (uruguay included).

And for the record, "liking" or "disliking" is wholly and inherently subjective - especially when it comes to playing styles in a sport. There is no right or wrong answer for such a question.
    I agree you play to win, as long as it is by the letter of the law. There is no objectively liking or disliking a legal football style (total football, tiki-taka, catennacio, overlapping wings, counter attacking, kick and run etc), it's a matter of subjective aesthetics. On the other hand
    1. one can objectively like the degree of skill required by a footballing style (tiki taka, total football >>>>>> kick and run). Tiki taka shows more footballing skill (technically & tactically) than kick and run, thus I like it more, objectively, as a football fan.
    2. liking or disliking a cheating style is not subjective at all. If you are a real football fan you can't like:
    - small cheats (henry scoring with his hand vs ireland, france winning over germany with that foodstamp penaldo)
    - abusers (the spanish NT/barca/real rushing the ref with all the team)
    - career cheats (italy running a flop training, regularly fouling for the sake of breaking bones, constantly being unsportsmanlike)
    .... well, unless you come from a country where stealing is the law

You got poor takes son tbh.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    son they did us dirty more than once tbh.

come on son don't be an uppity beans tbh. I said that italy's style was largely based on a short initial rush and then on preserving the result. You could see it in the baggio teams, you could see it in the 70s teams, you could see it in the early catennacio teams and you could see it as late as pirlo/totti/inzaghi/vieri. So they weren't always all out defense.

And lmao saying they lost to a truly elite team after they played the GOAT overtime in the game of the century, these s were tired as ... kinda ignorant on your part son, even many 70s brasil players regularly mention this small "detail". Imo 70 brasil is crazy overrated, besides england and a dog tired italy they beat (uruguay included).

I agree you play to win, as long as it is by the letter of the law. There is no objectively liking or disliking a legal football style (total football, tiki-taka, catennacio, overlapping wings, counter attacking, kick and run etc), it's a matter of subjective aesthetics. On the other hand
    1. one can objectively like the degree of skill required by a footballing style (tiki taka, total football >>>>>> kick and run). Tiki taka shows more footballing skill (technically & tactically) than kick and run, thus I like it more, objectively, as a football fan.
    2. liking or disliking a cheating style is not subjective at all. If you are a real football fan you can't like:
    - small cheats (henry scoring with his hand vs ireland, france winning over germany with that foodstamp penaldo)
    - abusers (the spanish NT/barca/real rushing the ref with all the team)
    - career cheats (italy running a flop training, regularly fouling for the sake of breaking bones, constantly being unsportsmanlike)
    .... well, unless you come from a country where stealing is the law

You got poor takes son tbh.

All that cause I said (in agreement with you) that Italian football wasn't "likable"??? And let's be clear, mostly cause of their flopping.

'tis the last time I agree with you on anything.

*** And yes, I know that the "Germany / Italy" match is considered the "match of the century", THEREFORE I also understand you have to build up that Italian squad since they beat Beckenbauer's German side. BUT LOL x 1,000,000 if you actually believe that Brazilian squad was overrated. They would've beat most championship squads from subsequent WC tournaments.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    All that cause I said (in agreement with you) that Italian football wasn't "likable"??? And let's be clear, mostly cause of their flopping.

'tis the last time I agree with you on anything.

*** And yes, I know that the "Germany / Italy" match is considered the "match of the century", THEREFORE I also understand you have to build up that Italian squad since they beat Beckenbauer's German side. BUT LOL x 1,000,000 if you actually believe that Brazilian squad was overrated. They would've beat most championship squads from subsequent WC tournaments.
    wa wa wa warum bist du nicht zufrieedeen sonne ezs? die beste parties sohnnes

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    dieses mal werden wir in russland winnen, ehrlich zu sein wir sind die beste mannschaft der Welt, wir, nicht bra7il, nicht strumpfina, nicht krankreich. Die funfte sterne sohn, die sterne der weltmeisters und die beste parties sind fast hier.

Thread Information