Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I was wrong; Daboom could not beat anyone in a debate - even a fake one where the only thing that matters is speaking clearly and zippy one-liners with very little facts or actual explanation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dabom = boutons - cosmored

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking you gonna beat a Yale law school graduate who has extensive experience in debates because you say so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying Hillary won tonight but...

...some one picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor ducks on suicide watch.

I'll be a good man and make sure to bump this in a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are missing the point of what I said. You are clearly not a Yale Law graduate.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stay owning ya low IQ chumps everytime.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking you gonna beat a Yale law school graduate who has extensive experience in debates because you say so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you can take advantage of that free college (fact check that) from HRC, Daboom.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already got an engineering degree. You probably got an arts degree right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are lying. You probably support Trump too.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm done. Going to sleep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilary lied many times. He really got her on the trade agreements. She said she never supported them basically but when it was going on, she's on record saying "they were the Gold Standard" of agreements.
    What she said after that was she wanted them to be the Gold Standard but as she learned more about it they were not up to her standard and she rejected them. It's a fair position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. But random throw away lines aside, how do you feel about that question, how Trump answered it and the logic of Hilary trying to make Trump look bad for a war she supported as well?
    Colin Powell was actually the one giving briefings and selling it for the Bush administration back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just repeating a really ty talking point. Which allies was she talking to? What do you think they took from her saying "don't be scared?" Do you think other states heard that and said "whew, guess we're in the clear?" And saying trickle down doesn't work without an explanation of why it doesn't work is the definition of meaningless. She's repeating talking points with 0 substance.

You really need to learn what the word "if" means.
    You don't get to speak for Japan and the other countries she listed by name. Of course it's rhetoric but as pointed out words are important. The Trump has been spewing indeed has world leaders in a tizzy. Foreign ministers and diplomats have been having kittens.

Basically what you are saying is that anything that someone could talk about is meaningless. It's a blanket dismissal. Keep wishcasting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This logic again, is just like what I was saying about Hilary mocking Trump for supporting the war. She did too. How is that a talking point?

Even if Trump is calling for more war, how does that change the point of Clinton supporting her husband doing something similar?

It's like all the videos of Hilary saying she does not support gay marriage - there are countless interviews showing this. Now she's all about equality
    You mean logic like your moral equivalence? Like Orwell says, "it always boils down to half a loaf equals no loaf."

Clinton just defended the current administration's policy insinuating the status quo would continue. Trump is calling for an escalation and boots on the ground. They are 'similar' but not in the ways that count.

HRC has evolved her position as the country evolved. She would not be the only one particularly when it comes to sexuality over the past 20 years. I don't see how the two issues are similar in the slightest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HRC has evolved her position as the country evolved. She would not be the only one particularly when it comes to sexuality over the past 20 years. I don't see how the two issues are similar in the slightest.
    The problem for her is that she's so untrustworthy, it's extremely difficult to give her the benefit of the doubt that her new positions are an evolution as opposed to mere political expediency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally watched (most) of the debate, and it was exactly what I would've expected from these two candidates. Crass, both in their echo chambers, spent most of the night talking to their own cons uencies.

Rather than quibbling about who "won" the debate, all I know is that we're all losing come November, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally watched (most) of the debate, and it was exactly what I would've expected from these two candidates. Crass, both in their echo chambers, spent most of the night talking to their own cons uencies.

Rather than quibbling about who "won" the debate, all I know is that we're all losing come November, IMO.
    are you sure it wasn't just HILLARY GOING IN RAW ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem for her is that she's so untrustworthy, it's extremely difficult to give her the benefit of the doubt that her new positions are an evolution as opposed to mere political expediency.
    I don't see the problem with going with her cons uents. Of course the concern is her pulling an Obama and going back on her promises like he did on transparency and civil liberties but Trump lies at literally 4 times the rate and his policy positions are both vague and pandering to the ultra rich.

To me its the difference between 4 more years of Obama and 4 years of something worse than Bush the lesser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me its the difference between 4 more years of Obama and 4 years of something worse than Bush the lesser.
    do you even moral equivalence, bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you even moral equivalence, bro?
    was wondering when you would out yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was wondering when you would out yourself.
    as?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the problem with going with her cons uents. Of course the concern is her pulling an Obama and going back on her promises like he did on transparency and civil liberties but Trump lies at literally 4 times the rate and his policy positions are both vague and pandering to the ultra rich.

I don't disagree with your line of thought. I just get the feeling she's going to be a terrible president, despite Trump potentially being even worse.

There's a lot to criticize Barry for, but I always thought the meme of worst POTUS ever was unwarranted. It wasn't all bad, nor all the bad entirely his fault. I actually think he'll probably be remembered in much better light than his predecessor, and he looks to be walking out of office with about a 50% approval rating, which is pretty impressive considering the current polarization.

I just think either of these two are going to be worse by a long mile. I freely admit it's just a gut feeling, nothing more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say that they were just as good or as bad. I was saying that they were similar.

Thread Information