Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well sorry I did not
    I thought that's why I had black font for my username.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one thing to hold the government accountable.
    Yep, and no amount of gymnastics will remove that responsibility.

I think some shooting are unwarranted, sure. I've said as much here.
    And I've said that some shooting has been warranted. So what's the point of this retort?

Given the fact that blacks feel cops are out to kill them, you'd think they would work harder to stay out off the books but obviously they don't. You'd also think once one has a gun on them they'd be scared less and just comply and the overwhelmingly large majority do, those who don't are raised up to the national spotlight as if they are martyrs. If the situation goes sideways for the cop because he's lenient and conservative with his use of force, it's back page material and no one riots.
    The stats posted in this thread suggest that this is a problem that affects black people and white people about equally once they are in this situation. So I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to accept that it's not a problem or that it is a problem but a negrogenic one.

... [D]ead is dead. Why you think a cop wants to ruin his life by shooting anyone is beyond me.
    Hence why I'm assuming this is a troll post. I've said the same thing multiple, multiple times. Probably in this thread.

When I spit the truth you call it a troll post.
    You spit prejudice.

You dismissed 90% of the murders of black men because they were done by other black men, and said no one can do anything about it. Isn't that the same helplessness you feel about police related shootings?
    Not really. The government should be able to control itself. But so long as we're free individuals, it's going to be hard to snuff out destructive behavior.

So blacks can't do anything about them killing each other but they think they can create a separate class of citizen that gets free passes by law enforcement when they resist arrest and break laws because the cop is afraid he/she might have to use deadly force?
    Forgot how resisting arrest is a capital offense. "Oh my god, he stole something and doesn't want me to arrest him. Better kill him."

You do realize that's how you got here in the first place, right? You cannot get good police protection because of the closed ranks in your culture and the risk/reward aspect of policing that culture. The odds aren't good when a cop responds to a domestic disturbance in a predominately black area that the situation will not escalate. It seems the BLM push is to further remove the black population from any police interaction and let blacks kill each other since, after all, you cannot do anything about it so it's ok.
    Quite the false dilemma you've created for yourself. Either accept police brutality or live in a lawless murderville.

I laid your rhetoric to waste and you giggled your way around it.
    I'm assuming you're not being serious. You pretty much ignored my points and asserted a bunch of yours. Those new points are almost completely irrelevant to what I had said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, and no amount of gymnastics will remove that responsibility.
    You even cherry picked my response to give a snarky quip. Do you work for CNN?
    And I've said that some shooting has been warranted. So what's the point of this retort?
    It's part of a larger thought that you edited out.
    The stats posted in this thread suggest that this is a problem that affects black people and white people about equally once they are in this situation. So I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to accept that it's not a problem or that it is a problem but a negrogenic one.
    It does. Stats are telling the truth as far as numbers are concerned. If blacks are committing crimes at a higher rate per capita than whites, then it stands to reason they should have more police interactions at a higher per capita as well unless, like I said, you expect the police to treat blacks like they are just exercising their cultural tendencies like they are Inuits hunting whales.
    Hence why I'm assuming this is a troll post. I've said the same thing multiple, multiple times. Probably in this thread.
    But you also said you can't do anything about the 90% so you focus on the fraction that gets more media attention. The 30 murdered black lives over the weekend in Chicago don't matter as much as one person shot by cops, because I never saw those 30 names on a tee shirt.
    You spit prejudice.
    That's just a convenient shield for you to hide your rhetoric behind. Prejudice is claiming foul play before the facts are exposed then turning a blind eye to them as if the message is still the same, regardless of the truth of the altercation. A justified shooting still gets used as an example of profiling. Michael Brown still gets treated like Martin Luther King.
    Not really. The government should be able to control itself. But so long as we're free individuals, it's going to be hard to snuff out destructive behavior.
    75% of the black men who are killed in self defense cases are killed by other black men who are snuffing out destructive behavior. If that same black man was wearing a badge, suddenly it's an epidemic of cop shootings. Don't you think the destructive behavior exists during police stops as well or are those cases immune from that tendency to act a goddamn fool?
    Forgot how resisting arrest is a capital offense. "Oh my god, he stole something and doesn't want me to arrest him. Better kill him."
    How bad does he not want to be arrested? Do you think a police stop should come down to who can fight better, the cop or the perp? When resisting equates to attacking an officer, that's when deadly force is warranted. If the cop shoots a guy for fleeing, that's one thing. If he shoots him for charging him, that's quite another. No go ahead and edit my comment so you can respond to the snippet you feel safe with.
    Quite the false dilemma you've created for yourself. Either accept police brutality or live in a lawless murderville.
    You claim to live in lawless murderville already and that you cannot do anything about it. 90% of the murders are from other black men who aren't cops. That's the makings of the ville. The police brutality aspect is, as I have said, largely overblown and falsely weighted with examples that have been proven to have been justified shootings. Delete those from the mantra and suddenly you have a very small case... tiny. What, one or two events where the shooting was an over aggressive cop and even then it's hard to say it was racially motivated. White experience plenty of police brutality.
    I'm assuming you're not being serious. You pretty much ignored my points and asserted a bunch of yours. Those new points are almost completely irrelevant to what I had said.
    I addressed your side stepping of the 90% stat with the "we can't do anything about it" comment. That doesn't make it ok and it doesn't make your claim that police shootings are a real concern for the black population when by and large your black brethren are 90% more likely to kill you than a white person is, and you're even less likely to be shot by a cop than struck by lightning. Plus you can mitigate either by not venturing into the storm carrying an umbrella.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You even cherry picked my response to give a snarky quip. Do you work for CNN?
    That's not really cherrypicking. It took your thesis and cut out the bull . You can hold the government accountable. You should. That's the alpha and omega of all this. Everything else is just a red herring.

It's part of a larger thought that you edited out.
    That explains what it is, but not why it's there. I have eyes. I can see you added a sh'ton of fluff to that paragraph. But if you believe that some shootings are unjustified and that the government should be held accountable, then you agree with me. This stuff about black-on-black crime or "angry young men" in the ghetto is just background that has no bearing on what I was saying.

It does. Stats are telling the truth as far as numbers are concerned. If blacks are committing crimes at a higher rate per capita than whites, then it stands to reason they should have more police interactions at a higher per capita as well unless, like I said, you expect the police to treat blacks like they are just exercising their cultural tendencies like they are Inuits hunting whales.
    It does? What's it? But yeah, I kinda do expect to be given the benefit of the doubt if I haven't done anything. Anyway, the stats in this thread had nothing to do with police interactions per capita. They did cover how the percentage of police fatalities is relatively consistent across all races. And that actually doesn't support your "angry young men" line of reasoning.

But you also said you can't do anything about the 90% so you focus on the fraction that gets more media attention. The 30 murdered black lives over the weekend in Chicago don't matter as much as one person shot by cops, because I never saw those 30 names on a tee shirt.
    Yeah, focus on the government killing people rather than people killing each other. One's much easier to address than the other. The way you're talking, we have to be focusing on moving the Earth away from the sun so that it won't be engulfed in 5 Billion years.

That's just a convenient shield for you to hide your rhetoric behind. Prejudice is claiming foul play before the facts are exposed then turning a blind eye to them as if the message is still the same, regardless of the truth of the altercation. A justified shooting still gets used as an example of profiling. Michael Brown still gets treated like Martin Luther King.
    Nah. We're talking about your tidy explanation of police brutality, not the brutality itself.

75% of the black men who are killed in self defense cases are killed by other black men who are snuffing out destructive behavior. If that same black man was wearing a badge, suddenly it's an epidemic of cop shootings. Don't you think the destructive behavior exists during police stops as well or are those cases immune from that tendency to act a goddamn fool?
    acting as if representing the government doesn't come with higher social scrutiny and greater responsibility.

If the cop shoots a guy for fleeing, that's one thing.
    I'm glad you agree with me. Now try getting the police to do that.

How bad does he not want to be arrested? Do you think a police stop should come down to who can fight better, the cop or the perp? When resisting equates to attacking an officer, that's when deadly force is warranted. If the cop shoots a guy for fleeing, that's one thing. If he shoots him for charging him, that's quite another. No go ahead and edit my comment so you can respond to the snippet you feel safe with.
    Again, you must think you're talking to Kool or Trill. Can you find any evidence that I supported Michael Brown?

You claim to live in lawless murderville already and that you cannot do anything about it.
    No I didn't. I don't live in your philosophized neighborhoods. I actually live about a half-mile from a police station. My neighbor for years was a police officer, as are multiple cousins.

White experience plenty of police brutality.
    And I guess it's because whitie's caught up in that #ThugLife, right?

I addressed your side stepping of the 90% stat with the "we can't do anything about it" comment
    That wasn't my actual point, so yeah, you're still continuing to not address them.

That doesn't make it ok and it doesn't make your claim that police shootings are a real concern for the black population
    Who gives a ? Not me. I don't care what's a concern for a black person in the ghetto. My concern is that being a large black man makes me a target of su ion -- and save your , because I've lived long enough to have better evidence than you could compile yourself. Nothing "black people at large" do justifies me being treated differently. A government to which I pay taxes and whose laws I follow damned well owes me the respect of treating me as an individual and not a result of Baynesian probability.

you're even less likely to be shot by a cop than struck by lightning
    Would be comforting to know I was wrongfully killed in an uncommon way, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snarky and dodging comments aside, 90% of the issue is because of blacks killing blacks. If you're more concerned with the media driven fury over the other small percentage, then I don't have any sympathy. Like in the religion debate, you like to try to skirt around personal investment into an issue and claim to be a remote viewer when it suits you, yet you still appear to support the notion that main stream media narrative is more important than the facts. While I don't agree with graffiti posting stats around in unrelated threads, the fringe you're trying to occupy with your nay-say is so thin that you don't even want to be associated with it yourself.

Thread Information