My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    real talk sons, it's about talent not accomplishments. I'd take messi imo tbh tbh.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    They are both even imho.

Messi is a 2010 player..of course its him.

But maradona>messi in all time greats

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    DieGOAT could score even with his hands. It's obviously him.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    DieGOAT could score even with his hands. It's obviously him.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    trying to emulate DieGOAT as per par
    also as per par, only being able to do it in a bartha uniform

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Both are talented as tbh

I for one think Diego was more talented. To be in the GOAT discussion with Pele while abusing drugs and alcool a good part of your career, you must have some talent.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    trying to emulate DieGOAT as per par
    also as per par, only being able to do it in a bartha uniform
    like Kirby trying to emulate MJ tbh
    carried by Shaqniesta and Pau Xavi

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Both are talented as tbh

To be in the GOAT discussion with Pele while abusing drugs and alcool a good part of your career, you must have some talent.
    But Messi only used HGH!

kidding, I know you were referring to Maradonna.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I think Maradona was more unpredictable, hence when he was in good form was impossible to guard, which made the difference in example at WC's. He was also better setting up others and was very tough.

Messi on the other hand may be a bit more skilled and is better finishing.

In the end would say Maradona was the better player, but some wouldn't agree. Messi is still playing, maybe he will get a WC, which could change the perception.
    Last edited by dunkman; 10-01-2016 at 08:27 PM.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    But Messi only used HGH!

kidding, I know you were referring to Maradonna.
    one on HGH the other on cocaine

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I think Maradona was more unpredictable, hence when he was in good form was impossible to guard, which made the difference in example at WC's. He was also better setting up others and was very tough.

Messi on the other hand may be a bit more skilled and is better finishing.

In the end would say Maradona was the better player, but some wouldn't agree. Messi is still playing, maybe he will get a WC, which could change the perception.
    imo what you are trying to say is that maradona was more adaptable than messi, and he was tough enough to fight through bad tactical setups (like not getting the ball). Some might say that that is more mental than anything but imo people really underrate maradona's motor. While messi runs more now (a different game these days) I think with the proper training and no coke maradona would be hands down more physically talented. Messi on the other hand is unguardable with the ball, his ball control is crazy tbh and is more willing to play combinations (more of a team player). I think messi is a bit more talented overall but maradona's made better use of his talents.
    ElNono my fat who you take?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    hard to pick one on talent alone, tbh... they're both obviously graced with amazing talent... A couple of years ago I probably would've given Diego the nod, but Messi has come around as a playmaker too, IMO

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    hard to pick one on talent alone, tbh... they're both obviously graced with amazing talent... A couple of years ago I probably would've given Diego the nod, but Messi has come around as a playmaker too, IMO
    Ever heard of "Trinche" Carlovich? Diegoat himself said he was goat level talent but too lazy to be a pro.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ever heard of "Trinche" Carlovich? Diegoat himself said he was goat level talent but too lazy to be a pro.
    son, diegoat also coached argentina ... unless we have ample footage of a guy against top compe ion he is a nobody.

An tbh there are MANY guys out there with more than GOAT talent that just don't make it, imagine what's in africa tbh : great athletic genes, lots of time to practice, ZERO infrastructure.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son, diegoat also coached argentina ... unless we have ample footage of a guy against top compe ion he is a nobody.

An tbh there are MANY guys out there with more than GOAT talent that just don't make it, imagine what's in africa tbh : great athletic genes, lots of time to practice, ZERO infrastructure.
    A Spanish channel made a do entary about him.

Thread Information