Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can assure you that nobody around here is popping the champagne. And we do know the other side of a 3-1 comeback- when the Red Sox came back on the Tribe in the 2007 ALCS. This isn't even close to being over.
    I did say "remind", tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I did say "remind", tbh.
    Well, either way it isn't over. I'm not comfortable at all with Trevor Bauer tomorrow. The Cubs are the kind of club that if they get some life, they can get really scary really quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far this series reminds me of 1995... youthful powerhouse that's young, dumb and full of getting outmatched by a team that doesn't have the pure talent but can pitch, is well managed and just executes relentlessly.
    Yeah. I was hoping that inexperience would do them against the Dodgers. They played like this in the two games they lost against the Dodgers, but then they went back in the tank, and started executing again. Working counts, drawing walks, and shrinking the zone. They lead the league in walks for a reason. But over the last two games, they are incapable of laying off bad pitches.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 10-29-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Cubs
    Media

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They played exceptionally bad baseball tonight. They were chopping wood up there at the plate while the Indians were working counts and executing fundamental swings.
    Yep, the Cubs just want it to be over and have the victory. It does not work like that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, either way it isn't over. I'm not comfortable at all with Trevor Bauer tomorrow. The Cubs are the kind of club that if they get some life, they can get really scary really quickly.
    That's why I condemned him for using Miller tonite, but, then I understood, even 7-1 can be overcome. Get the V's while they're ready for plucking.

He could still do 2 innings tomorrow nite.

Just have to hope Bauer can stand clean for at least 3 innings.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That's why I condemned him for using Miller tonite, but, then I understood, even 7-1 can be overcome. Get the V's while they're ready for plucking.

He could still do 2 innings tomorrow nite.

Just have to hope Bauer can stand clean for at least 3 innings.
    Even if tomorrow doesn't go well I don't think it's going to phase this club. I remember when the Tribe was up 3-1 on the Red Sox in the '07 ALCS and when they lost Game 5 you could feel the air go out of the balloon. This club is made of sterner stuff than that. If they lose tomorrow they'll dust themselves off and be ready for Game 6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even if tomorrow doesn't go well I don't think it's going to phase this club. I remember when the Tribe was up 3-1 on the Red Sox in the '07 ALCS and when they lost Game 5 you could feel the air go out of the balloon. This club is made of sterner stuff than that. If they lose tomorrow they'll dust themselves off and be ready for Game 6.
    They did, they played like Champs the last 2 games. Poised, set, alert, confident, but, not y, just ready and willing to compete for 9 innings.

It'll be nice having firsties tomorrow nite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could anyone start in place of Bauer at this late state?
    Just asking, i don't follow the Tribe.

I know ancient baseball purist does not vary from the rotation.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Could anyone start in place of Bauer at this late state?
    Just asking, i don't follow the Tribe.

I know ancient baseball purist does not vary from the rotation.
    Just that Merritt kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't able to watch much of the game, but good by the tribe. Series most likely goes 6 but I honestly didn't see them winning a game at Wrigley, much less two.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    So far this series reminds me of 1995... youthful powerhouse that's young, dumb and full of getting outmatched by a team that doesn't have the pure talent but can pitch, is well managed and just executes relentlessly.
    To be fair, that Braves team was really talented offensively as well. Same crew could have won back-to-back if Mark Wohlers didn't choke against the Yankees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They played exceptionally bad baseball tonight. They were chopping wood up there at the plate while the Indians were working counts and executing fundamental swings.
    Even tho you are talking about Game 4, i thought the final Cubs batter in the 1-0 Game 3 also made the same strategy blunder.
    Guys on 2nd and 3rd. Appeared obvious that the pitcher was going to do an intentional/unintentional walk to load the bases. He chased that high fastball on what surely would have become a walk.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    To be fair, that Braves team was really talented offensively as well. Same crew could have won back-to-back if Mark Wohlers didn't choke against the Yankees.
    They did have some big bats- McGriff, Justice, Klesko, Chipper Jones- but they also had guys like Mark Lemke and Jeff Blauser that knew how to do the little things. And Mike Hargrove was badly outmanaged by Bobby Cox. Hargrove was good at handling the high-voltage personalities in the Tribe clubhouse but as a tactician he left something to be desired.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They did have some big bats- McGriff, Justice, Klesko, Chipper Jones- but they also had guys like Mark Lemke and Jeff Blauser that knew how to do the little things. And Mike Hargrove was badly outmanaged by Bobby Cox. Hargrove was good at handling the high-voltage personalities in the Tribe clubhouse but as a tactician he left something to be desired.
    How do you feel, Joe?

I don't feel good about this evening.

I wish they'd lay down one more time in Chicago.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How do you feel, Joe?

Dale, lettin' the Cleveland fan in him slip out.

ha, ha.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    How do you feel, Joe?

Not that great about tonight. I just have no confidence whatsoever in Trevor Bauer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Bauer has some nasty stuff going so far tonight. Looking real good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Welp, time to yank Bauer now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

First stupid move of the series by Francona, letting Bauer pitch again instead of Merritt. Just dumb antiquated "old-school baseball" thinking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

First stupid move of the series by Francona, letting Bauer pitch again instead of Merritt. Just dumb antiquated "old-school baseball" thinking.
    Yep, CN is right. Inexcusable.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

These ump$ are bleeding Cubbie blue. Can't even hide how much they want their Cubs to come back and win this series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

That is so ing frustrating. Bauer had already won the point, done his job. And going into the telecast the announcers stated that Francona was going to empty the bullpen.

Balloon head.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

This game is so rigged. Riggage is literally the only reason why the MLB wouldn't have switched to robot umps at home plate by now.

Thread Information