Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    At least we won't have to listen to what a great manager Francona is.

Those Red Sox years the teams were freakin stacked. He blew as many Series chances as he won.

BTW does he ever stop feeding his face? Looks like a gerbil everytime the camera panned.
    He didn't do a great job last night (neither did Maddon, fwiw.) But after watching the likes of Eric Wedge and Manny Acta I'll take o every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, I don't think Cubs get to the WS w/o picking up Maddon. The guy literally took the weight of 108 eight years of faliure off of the players and somehow allowed them to play it loose and just be themselves the whole time.

That being said, Cubs won last night despite Maddon. Pulling Hendricks early while he was mowing guys down was simply inexplicable. Take away some shady defense behind him and shady umpiring behind the plate and he was just as effective as the NLCS game 6, IMO. Thankfully Cubs had enough talent to over come Maddon's worst managed game of his career. Theo ur the real ing MVP!

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just curious....IF the Cubs had lost last night, would Joe Maddon have been fired? Red Sox fans ran Grady Little out of town for one bad decision. And Maddon made 2 of the worst decisions I've ever seen a manager make.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Just curious....IF the Cubs had lost last night, would Joe Maddon have been fired? Red Sox fans ran Grady Little out of town for one bad decision. And Maddon made 2 of the worst decisions I've ever seen a manager make.
    No way. Maddon is the Billy Beane of managers. He's considered a genius because Media said so, so he gets a far longer leash than anyone else would after making that many stupid moves.

IIRC, leaving Pedro in too long was the last straw that got Little fired, not the sole reason. He was a "players' manager" who let the players walk all over him all season, and the Pedro incident was held up as the crowning example of that.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 11-03-2016 at 01:50 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    My impression is that the Cubs front office is more invested in Maddon than the Red Sox front office was in Grady Little. IMO Maddon's worst decision was running Chapman out for two innings in Game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we won't have to listen to what a great manager Francona is.

Those Red Sox years the teams were freakin stacked. He blew as many Series chances as he won.

BTW does he ever stop feeding his face? Looks like a gerbil everytime the camera panned.
    Tremendous as far as What Tribe Was vs What Tribe Is.

But as for GOAT arena talk that, will rightfully cease.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    My impression is that the Cubs front office is more invested in Maddon than the Red Sox front office was in Grady Little. IMO Maddon's worst decision was running Chapman out for two innings in Game 6.
    I guess it's actually 3 really terrible decisions then . Although bringing in Lester mid-inning was the worst imo as Maddon actually told people pre-game what a terrible idea it was, and then he panicked and did it anyways

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you actually enjoy sports at all? Seems like you just hate-watch everything tbh
    I was beginning to think along the same lines. Dude talks alot about gurgling and in the same breath performs fellatio on the likes of LeBron etc. Entertaining to see how much sodium chloride that chode produces.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to lefty2.0 and major props to JoeTait's Tribe for pushing the limit in the WS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it's actually 3 really terrible decisions then . Although bringing in Lester mid-inning was the worst imo as Maddon actually told people pre-game what a terrible idea it was, and then he panicked and did it anyways
    I was rooting for the Cubs. But when he put Lester in, I found myself hoping the Indians would make Maddon pay.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Deadspin gets it right for once on the Cubs:

The Cubs aren't, and never have been, the little guy. Not in Major League Baseball, and not even in their own town. They're a big, strong, abundantly advantaged organization, blessed with avenues to success that genuinely burdened organizations like the friggin' Tampa Bay Rays will never have. The Cubs print money, then sell a hardscrabble image with no basis in reality. (Just as a near-term example, they were able to sink monster money into Jason Heyward, have him turn out to be completely dreadful, and still won’t have to sweat it even when all their talented kids start getting paid what they deserve.)

The reason the Cubs are not the Yankees of the National League is not that they can't be or have been too honorable or sweet-natured for it; it's that they’ve sucked at trying. They’re the Yankees, minus competence.

The sun has not shined on a dog's ass. The sun has shined on an extremely rich ballclub that spent a century pretending to be a dog's ass to excuse the smell.

http://deadspin.com/the-cubs-dont-ha...nym-1788534327

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh yes, I'd much rather be hated for success than pitied for failure.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Congrats to lefty2.0 and major props to JoeTait's Tribe for pushing the limit in the WS.
    Gracias, GM. There's disappointment in Cleveland but a lot of pride, too. The Tribe did the best they could and the better club won. We can live with that.

Thread Information