Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How are the Rangers 30 games over .500 with just a +11 run differential on the season?

Who do ya'll think will win it? I'm rooting for the O's (holding on for dear life now), but I'll settle for any scenario that involves the Cubbies losing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fan rooting against K. Bryant, say it ain't so

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys are better as losers...not full-fledged suckage, but coming up short per par. It's better for the game when you have the perception of cursed teams. The 2003 LCS's will never be topped...that's when baseball peaked, imo. Red Sox fans are fake and insufferable now, just like their rivals.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    but I'll settle for any scenario that involves the Cubbies losing
    Outside of the Indians winning it all (not bloody likely with how injury-ravaged their rotation is) that's where I'm at. I actually like Cubs fans- I went to a game at Wrigley a few years ago wearing Tribe gear and they couldn't have been nicer- but I can only imagine how obnoxious they'll be if the Cubs win it all. The Bartman Game really turned me off to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Red Sox fans are fake and insufferable now, just like their rivals.
    off.. where tf were baltimore fans last year?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    off.. where tf were baltimore fans last year?
    Really stupid comment/insinuation. I'll chalk that up to you being emotional an uninformed. The O's have been a pretty solid team ever since Showalter took over--they just don't have the cheese factor or air of iness that other fanbases (Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs) possess. They're also a worse team than the one who hosted the ALCS 2 years ago, so your attempt at smack is a few years too late.

fwiw I don't think Yankee fans are as bad as Boston ones. Sox fans have this notion that their team is gritty, blue-collar, and are the an hesis of the Yankees--when in fact they spend just as much money in the FA market and employ juicers as well. They have facial hair and rub pine tar on their helmets though, so they must be tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rate the Cards & Dodgers right along with Yankees & R-Sox when it comes to "air of iness". Giants fanbase is the only one that has any right to be arrogant about their team, tbh.

I'm not sure where you get your hatred for the Cubbies, but I'm pretty sure we are the nicest and the realest mofos on the planet.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    -Rangers have been the most fortunate team in the AL this year and are theoretically due for a regression, but in a <20 games postseason sample size, anything can happen and they could very well continue their ridiculous RISP ways. Darvish and Hamels really good, but they don't have another >average starter.

-Cubs are the best team, period.

-Indians starters are banged up. Looks to be a Boston victory in the ALDS. Red Sox are the best team in the AL.

-Giants and Mets are heating up, but neither team stand a better than 2-to-1 chance at beating Chicago. Both are pretty overrated. The Cardinals are the 4th best team in the NL but they probably won't make it.

-Dodgers/Nationals is probably a coin flip if Strasburg doesn't play.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like Cubs fans- I went to a game at Wrigley a few years ago wearing Tribe gear and they couldn't have been nicer- but I can only imagine how obnoxious they'll be if the Cubs win it all. The Bartman Game really turned me off to them.
    I have a neighbor who is 91 years old. You wouldn't think he was over 65 for as active as he is. He does a ton of charity and volunteer work, provides stuff for veterans, works elections, etc. Really cool guy. He has been a Cubs fan all his life, and was telling me about the 1945 series and how much it sucked seeing them lose three out of four to close it out. If there's a person in the world who deserves to see his team win it all, it's Doug. I love the Rangers but I'm rooting for the Cubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giants are in the postseason and it's an even year. They got this.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Predictions:

WC Game:
    Balt over Tor
    San Fran over NYM

Division Series:
    Tex over Balt 3-1
    Bos over Cle 3-1
    Chi over San Fran 3-1
    Wash over LA 3-2

LCS:
    Bos over Tex 4-2
    Chi over Wash 4-2

WS:
    Chi over Bos 4-3

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this phone

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wishin' & hopin' the Dodgers win it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wildcard:

Orioles d. Blue Jays
    Giants d. Mets

LDS:

Red Sox d. Indians 3-0
    Orioles d. Rangers 3-2
    Nationals d. Dodgers 3-2
    Giants d. Cubs 3-2

LCS:

Red Sox d. Orioles 4-2
    Giants d. Nationals 4-1

WS:

Red Sox d. Giants 4-3

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for the Cubbies to lose as well. I still remember seeing their fans cry at Wrigley after they choked away the Marlins series in 2003. Fun stuff.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for the Cubbies to lose as well. I still remember seeing their fans cry at Wrigley after they choked away the Marlins series in 2003. Fun stuff.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    WC Game:
    Blue Jays 5 Orioles 3
    Giants 4 Mets 1

Division Series:
    Blue Jays over Rangers 3-1
    Red Sox over Indians 3-1
    Giants over Cubs 3-2
    Dodgers over Nationals 3-2

LCS:
    Boston over Blue Jays 4-1
    Giants over Dodgers 4-2

WS:
    Red Sox over Giants 4-3

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How are the Rangers 30 games over .500 with just a +11 run differential on the season?

Who do ya'll think will win it? I'm rooting for the O's (holding on for dear life now), but I'll settle for any scenario that involves the Cubbies losing
    Something else weird about the Rangers: they were something like 30 games above .500 against teams .500 or better, but they had a losing record against teams below .500. They played to the level of their compe ion all year. Also, a lot of the preseason projections and advanced stats don't reflect the team they'll actually be rolling with into the playoffs. Lucroy, Beltran and Gomez have all been significant additions, and none of them were here in July. They only had half a season of Yu Darvish. I understand the Rangers are underwhelming statistically, but I think a lot of their season has been hard to capture accurately in the stat algorithms.

On paper, Boston definitely looks like the best team in the AL, but the baseball playoffs compared to the other leagues is kind of a crapshoot. It wouldn't shock me if Texas won the whole damn thing, and it also wouldn't surprise me if Toronto or Baltimore took them out in the division series...especially the Blue Jays.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    As long as the Cubs and Red Sox don't ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weren't the Royals suppose to stop the Cubbies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of a game. Jays never fail to deliver post season thrills.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What was Buck thinking? Britton had to be injured, right? That's the only explanation for not letting him pitch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm at the RC, craziest atmosphere I've experienced at a sporting event, tbh..

Buck with some atrocious coaching in extras..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Oh God, it's even worse - Buck was reserving Britton for a save situation. What a dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gotta look at the bigger picture here. Buck was just saving the bullets for when the really matter. I expect Britton to put on a show... next spring.

Thread Information