Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think both Pence & Kaine are interesting men & I was looking forward to hearing their vision for America. Instead we got Kaine interrupting Pence as often as possible & a moderator who lost control of the exchanges blaming both candidates…Three people talking over each other & nobody getting their message out…What a missed opportunity for Kaine as he came off as a weak ankle biter with no clear vision on anything…Kaine did not win over ANY voters on the fence…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt we have to worry about Trump being President. I think Hillary will win easily barring a HUGE bombs revelation...like a sex/snuff tape with her giving Vince Foster head on the park bench and then shooting him in the head as he came.......

No then the very next day Trump would tweet that all blacks are colored and she would rise back up in the polls again.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch, but having listened to the professionals discuss it this morning on both Fox and CNN it seems like most of the ones breathlessly posting in here last night that Kaine was destroying Pence were watching an entirely different debate. It was virtually unanimous that Kaine did an acceptable job of regurgitating the campaigns exaggerated talking points but it was more of a sacrifice fly ball since Pence came off more measured and professional. apparently Kaine's barrage of constant interruptions hurt him. Again, I didn't watch it just giving a summary of the pros opinions.
    I'll give you a quick summary, and yes Kaine did interrupt a couple of times. Love how cuckservatives think that's a bad thing and then turn a blind eye when Trump does it.

1) Kaine brought up a bunch actual Trump quotes
    2) Pence kept saying they were false
    3) Trump was live tweeting, just quoting a bunch of egg twitters
    4) Pence told Kaine "you whipped out that Mexican thing again". Pause
    5) Pence kept crying about how Clinton keeps running an insult campaign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you a quick summary, and yes Kaine did interrupt a couple of times. Love how cuckservatives think that's a bad thing and then turn a blind eye when Trump does it.

1) Kaine brought up a bunch actual Trump quotes
    2) Pence kept saying they were false
    3) Trump was live tweeting, just quoting a bunch of egg twitters
    4) Pence told Kaine "you whipped out that Mexican thing again". Pause
    5) Pence kept crying about how Clinton keeps running an insult campaign
    see post 89

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think both Pence & Kaine are interesting men & I was looking forward to hearing their vision for America. Instead we got Kaine interrupting Pence as often as possible & a moderator who lost control of the exchanges blaming both candidates…Three people talking over each other & nobody getting their message out…What a missed opportunity for Kaine as he came off as a weak ankle biter with no clear vision on anything…Kaine did not win over ANY voters on the fence…

Pretty much. Kaine was sent out there as an attack pup. Let's be honest tho, Trump is a target rich environment.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence won the debate... now what? After Hillary crushed Trump round 1, who wins this weekend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence won the debate... now what? After Hillary crushed Trump round 1, who wins this weekend?
    Who knows?
    But I doubt Trump has rehabilitated in two weeks nor has Shillary lost her ability to just hang like a robot and win off points.
    If Tramp brings up Bill Clinton it opens up the door for his mail order bride Melania etc. I don't think Trash should do it.

Plus, other then Hayter Repugs, no sane US citizen had or has a problem with Bill and Monica as regards the economy, jobs etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a marginal win. It's also not going to change anyone's mind.

Pence won on style. Staying calm and collected matters.

Kaine was erratic and interrupted too much. But also hit him with facts that Pence couldn't defend.

It was a wash. But Pence is percieved the winner because he didn't act a fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a marginal win. It's also not going to change anyone's mind.

Pence won on style. Staying calm and collected matters.

Kaine was erratic and interrupted too much. But also hit him with facts that Pence couldn't defend.

It was a wash. But Pence is percieved the winner because he didn't act a fool.
    pence "won" because kaine looked desperate when he had no need to, and pence never bit, and his only slip i recall was "that mexican thing again"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaine took one for the team. He had 2 jobs to do:

1. Keep Pence from skewering Hillary, which he did by interrupting frequently
    2. Keep the conversation on Trump and force Pence to choose between agreeing with or denying Trump's positions - Pence chose to deny.

As a result, you now have material for some very effective attack ads on Pence being unable to justify Trump's crazy positions. Example:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media Debunk Pence’s Smear Of Clinton’s Reproductive Rights Positions

In The Vice Presidential Debate, Pence Revived An Anti-Choice Myth To Attack Clinton’s Support For Reproductive Rights

While Pence falsely alleged that Clinton’s position on abortion was extreme, Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine pointed out that Clinton “support[s] the cons utional right of American women to consult their own conscience and make their own decision about pregnancy.”

During The Debate, Pence Inaccurately Alleged Clinton Supports “Partial Birth Abortion.” During the October 4 vice presidential debate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence attacked Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s reproductive rights positions, trying to characterize her as extreme by alleging that she supports so-called “partial birth abortion.”

As
    Rolling Stone reported, “‘partial birth’ isn’t actually a thing -- it’s a term made up by [anti-choice] activists to make abortion seem gruesome.”

In reality, as
    The Atlantic noted, Clinton is on record explaining that she favors “a late pregnancy regulation that would have exceptions for the life and health of the mother.” [Rolling Stone, 10/5/16;The Atlantic, 10/5/16]

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/10/05/media-debunk-pence-s-smear-clinton-s-reproductive-rights-positions/213564?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+mediamatters%2Fresearch+%28Media+M atters+for+America+-+Research%29

Pence lied, slandered, but kept his cool, so you ignorant, conned rightwingnuts say he "won".

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-06-2016 at 06:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    medi matters is a piece of work needs to go out of business

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaine took one for the team. He had 2 jobs to do:

1. Keep Pence from skewering Hillary, which he did by interrupting frequently
    2. Keep the conversation on Trump and force Pence to choose between agreeing with or denying Trump's positions - Pence chose to deny.

As a result, you now have material for some very effective attack ads on Pence being unable to justify Trump's crazy positions. Example:

most of those are pretty great ... but a couple are pretty badly out of context

- the punishment for women for abortions thing... trump recanted that pretty soon after that interview
    - trump amended his initial "muslim ban" to a need for extreme vetting for people from certain parts of the world.. while i still think his immigration policy is dumb, he strayed away from the blanket muslim ban

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence lied, Pence threw Trash under the bus, Pence wins?

You desperate loser, losing mofos think "bucket of warm piss" VEEP debate has any meaning?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Tries To Take Credit For “Winning” A VP Debate That He Wasn’t In

Despite the fact that he wasn't on the stage, Donald Trump is taking credit for winning the vice presidential debate.

Trump said,

“How many of you watched the vice presidential debate last night? Mike Pence did an incredible job, and

I’m getting a lot of credit because that’s really my first so-called choice.

Pence wasn’t Trump’s first choice.

Mike Pence wasn’t even Trump’s third choice.

It appears that Trump’s first choice may have been Ohio Gov. John Kasich

followed by Chris Christie, and

Newt Gingrich.

Pence only got to be on the ticket because the Republican Party made Trump put him on the ticket.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/05/donald-trump-credit-winning-vp-debate.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29

Trash is one sick mofo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    medi matters is a piece of work needs to go out of business
    "Any media outlet that disagrees with my position on an issue is inherently biased, doesn't know what it's talking about, and should go out of business because it probably has writers on staff who can't put together actual sentences with actual words in a correct order."

-ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, what I think will happen--& I realize it might be far-fetched--is that Trump, when he loses, will say that he conducted his campaign in a way that endured Clinton gets the Presidency. Then he'll go & seek refuge/asylum in some other country (China? Russia? LOL). I don't think he'd be sincere in saying that, I just think he's that ed up/narcissistic/sociopathic as an actual person that he'll say & do anything not to be viewed as a failure.
    Actually my first take when Trump announced and proved to be such a consistent knucklehead was that his entire purpose was to get the nigh un-electable Clinton elected. He is, other than Cruz, the only Republican she could beat this year.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another debate, another discussion of who won based on demeanor and gaffes as opposed to actual positions on issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another debate, another discussion of who won based on demeanor and gaffes as opposed to actual positions on issues.
    Well, that's how elections are won, why should debates be different. Plato's take on democracy is being proven right over and over again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In The Vice Presidential Debate, Pence Revived An Anti-Choice Myth To Attack Clinton’s Support For Reproductive Rights

While Pence falsely alleged that Clinton’s position on abortion was extreme, Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine pointed out that Clinton “support[s] the cons utional right of American women to consult their own conscience and make their own decision about pregnancy.”

During The Debate, Pence Inaccurately Alleged Clinton Supports “Partial Birth Abortion.” During the October 4 vice presidential debate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence attacked Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s reproductive rights positions, trying to characterize her as extreme by alleging that she supports so-called “partial birth abortion.”

As
    Rolling Stone reported, “‘partial birth’ isn’t actually a thing -- it’s a term made up by [anti-choice] activists to make abortion seem gruesome.”

In reality, as
    The Atlantic noted, Clinton is on record explaining that she favors “a late pregnancy regulation that would have exceptions for the life and health of the mother.” [Rolling Stone, 10/5/16;The Atlantic, 10/5/16]

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/10/05/media-debunk-pence-s-smear-clinton-s-reproductive-rights-positions/213564?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+mediamatters%2Fresearch+%28Media+M atters+for+America+-+Research%29

Pence lied, slandered, but kept his cool, so you ignorant, conned rightwingnuts say he "won".

In 2003 Hillary voted AGAINST a bill banning late term partial birth abortion which allowed for exceptions for the mothers health.

It's a fact, Boo.

It was all about that "camels nose under the tent" thing where she has always voted against any bill that limits abortion in any way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really trust any source that uses the terms "anti-choice" or "anti-life"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, are you watching the debates to figure out who to vote for at this point?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, are you watching the debates to figure out who to vote for at this point?
    I'M not, but there is still an uncomfortable amount of undecideds who are taking their cues from coverage of who "won" these debates, and it's always disconcerting when that coverage is focused around whether someone didn't strike the right balance of interruption, sniffled too much, said something that sounded dirty, etc.

I also realize this has been going on for decades and is only one of about 20,000 things that are wrong with elections in America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As

In reality, as

Pence was absolutely correct and as usual Boo is full of . Hillary can't lie about her votes as a Senator. Well, she can. It's just easy to prove she lied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's because people already have their opinions on all these political issues, and nobody is going to change their mind because of a 30 second answer to a complex issue.

if "winning" the debates were based on positions on issues, then every democrat will always believe the democrat won the debate, ever republican will always believe the republican won the debate, etc. we already know their positions on issues

Thread Information