Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe some women of other races are more concerned about the corruption in government as seen in the FBI's fishy giving of immunity to 5 of Hillary's people with nothing in return than grossly offensive things someone says.
    I would imagine black women and Hispanic women are more concerned that Trump is floating bringing back an incredibly unpopular, ineffective and uncons utional law where police can stop their kids because they deem them to be su ious even for doing something as harmless as walking down a street. Also in a time where there is deep mistrust among minorities for the police (much of it deserved), he has essentially promised to empower them without offering solutions to the policing problem.

Trump clearly doesn't respect women, your en led to your opinions about him but I think it's difficult to dispute his track record on race and sexism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I mean, really, why shouldn't a candidate for President from a major American party be permitted to continually say grossly offensive things about peoples of other races and against women, to flout his wealth and his use of it for his own gain alone, and to maintain his fitness for office without offering any specifics about his background or his policies? Why on Earth would the media assume for itself the obligation to report on things like that?"

-OP

Even more importantly how is one of the worst candidates in history and a terrible Secretary of State that caused the rise of ISIS and death of an ambassador(one of the biggest tragedies a country can have) how is this candidate getting softball after softball on her way to the 2nd worst presidency in history ?? Bafling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking a candidate thats polite when shes ing and using the people to reach power is better than the opposite

"Shes polite so Ill let her me for eternity" re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, hater, don't give up so easily. Things can change mighty fast. Don't leave ducks and me alone - lol.
    The trump train derailed tbh. Still shillary is capable of turning everything to so hopefully she does and proves me wrong

Ill gladly eat crow at the Trump inauguration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even more importantly how is one of the worst candidates in history and a terrible Secretary of State that caused the rise of ISIS and death of an ambassador(one of the biggest tragedies a country can have) how is this candidate getting softball after softball on her way to the 2nd worst presidency in history ?? Bafling
    The actual answer to this question is that she isn't getting softballs; the media issue for Trump is that he continues to say absolutely asinine things and to be proven to have done things that raise questions about him. And he's so thin-skinned that when those questions are asked, he responds with more nonsense that requires even more reporting.

It's quite literally all on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill gladly eat crow at the Trump inauguration
    You should gladly suck my since I've been owning you for an entire year and you've finally admitted it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The actual answer to this question is that she isn't getting softballs; the media issue for Trump is that he continues to say absolutely asinine things and to be proven to have done things that raise questions about him. And he's so thin-skinned that when those questions are asked, he responds with more nonsense that requires even more reporting.

It's quite literally all on him.
    Shes getting softballs wake up

Are you seriously denying the media despises Trump? Come on now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill just called Obamas health care system crazy and is calling for a reform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shes getting softballs wake up

Are you seriously denying the media despises Trump? Come on now
    One of the reasons that so difficult for me to even envision voting Republican. Trump is laughably unqualified and his policy proposals are often vague and nonsensical not to mention he lies more than just about any person who has ever ran for office, yet when the media points this out they are called biased and slanted.

The GOP is in complete free fall; He beat out sixteen other GOP candidates, a couple of whom were considered to be the parties future and Trump might still get crushed in the Presidential election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP is in complete free fall; He beat out sixteen other GOP candidates, a couple of whom were considered to be the parties future and Trump might still get crushed in the Presidential election.
    With virtually any other candidate, this campaign would be largely about whether the Dems could keep the GOP from a legislative supermajority. It would have certainly changed the Supreme Court for a generation and an all-but-certain roll back of all (or virtually all) of Obama's legacy.

Instead, they nominated an unserious candidate.

Trump may still win, and generational Republican hegemony may still come to pass, but they could have ensured it by nominating a guy who can't keep from shooting himself in the foot with idiotic rantings.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With virtually any other candidate, this campaign would be largely about whether the Dems could keep the GOP from a legislative supermajority. It would have certainly changed the Supreme Court for a generation and an all-but-certain roll back of all (or virtually all) of Obama's legacy.

Instead, they nominated an unserious candidate.

Trump may still win, and generational Republican hegemony may still come to pass, but they could have ensured it by nominating a guy who can't keep from shooting himself in the foot with idiotic rantings.
    Scary thought. Had they nominated Kasich the Republican party would own the presidency, the house, the senate, the supreme court (surely they'd confirm another Scalia and Ginsburg can't have too long left on the court), and most of the states. The GOP has been so wildly successful at the state level which gives them the house by default until 2020 when their gerrymandering of house districts could first be undone. But that's pretty much what this election is to me. I hate Clinton but she is far better than a full Republican government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary thought. Had they nominated Kasich the Republican party would own the presidency, the house, the senate, the supreme court (surely they'd confirm another Scalia and Ginsburg can't have too long left on the court), and most of the states. The GOP has been so wildly successful at the state level which gives them the house by default until 2020 when their gerrymandering of house districts could first be undone. But that's pretty much what this election is to me. I hate Clinton but she is far better than a full Republican government.
    Yep. And you know the very first thing Droopy McConnell would do is kill the filibuster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kasich only won his home state no one liked him

Trump got the most votes in GOP history, it wasn't even close

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Yeah.

I dont get why people say if they nominated Kasich or not. That's a dumb way to see things since the people are the one who get to pick their nominee. Trump is a got but he killed everyone.

But even if the GOP got to choose their candidates, it wouldn't have been Kasich. Jeb was their boy followed closely by Rubio.

Kasich wasn't even on their radar.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Biggest box office sales" what about inflation.

Anyways the country has gotten bigger too. More voters. 70 million more people since 1990.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kasich was demolishing Clinton head to head. I'm glad GOP voters picked the racist fascist because they would have controlled all of Washington otherwise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Biggest box office sales" what about inflation.

Anyways the country has gotten bigger too. More voters. 70 million more people since 1990.
    Most of those (young, immigrants) wouldn't vote in republican primaries - probably Democrats.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what does your assumption have to do with 70 million people over the last 35 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill just called Obamas health care system crazy and is calling for a reform
    You think that Trump would put in the price controls that Bill called for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kasich was demolishing Clinton head to head. I'm glad GOP voters picked the racist fascist because they would have controlled all of Washington otherwise.
    Electability stopped being a campaign issue for the GOP with McCain/Palin. It's only gotten worse with the rise of the Tea Party.

Maybe when they lose the Senate too they will wake up but it sure didn't when they lost it all in 2008. They just double down.

Competing against ideologues is always a good thing when reality ends up the arbiter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what does your assumption have to do with 70 million people over the last 35 years?
    What I didn't state clearly was that any increase in votes Trump got is probably not from the (new) 70 million people but from older, inactive voters or Dems/Ind switched to repubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Electability stopped being a campaign issue for the GOP with McCain/Palin. It's only gotten worse with the rise of the Tea Party.

Maybe when they lose the Senate too they will wake up but it sure didn't when they lost it all in 2008. They just double down.

Competing against ideologues is always a good thing when reality ends up the arbiter.
    All that angry nationalist far right does great for them in midterms and state elections though since Dem voters seem too ing lazy to vote in non-presidential elections. And then with the gerrymandering they have done at the state level it's a race to the bottom to win your primary in a Republican house district. They have been a pretty successful party despite their failures in the presidential elections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt he keeps saying stupid . It's like he really is trying to lose.
    I doubt he ever seriously wanted to win

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he ever seriously wanted to win
    So why would he spend tens of millions on his campaign? Do you think he's gonna re-coup that plus the damage done to his brand.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So why would he spend tens of millions on his campaign? Do you think he's gonna re-coup that plus the damage done to his brand.
    you think all this damages his brand?

not that much $. he funneled quite a bit back to himself.

Thread Information