Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calvin Booth had great per minute stats, never translated.
    I just want Bobs to get a translation opportunity.
    He got 20+ minutes exactly 5 times last season.

22/12
    9/8
    5/9 with only 4 FGAs. Porker must have played the whole game.
    13/6
    17/13
    13.2 / 9.6 ave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of role will he had? If he gets around 20 mins I could see him averaging around 8/10 pts and 4/5 rbds.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Look at ya's, ruminating & obsessing over this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want Bobs to get a translation opportunity.
    He got 20+ minutes exactly 5 times last season.

22/12
    9/8
    5/9 with only 4 FGAs. Porker must have played the whole game.
    13/6
    17/13
    13.2 / 9.6 ave
    3 of those 5 games were blowouts, and he was playing against a severely injured Memphis, OKC in a blowout game, and a horrible Suns team.

I think he's got potential, but I am not sure if his lack of speed will allow him to be played enough minutes to really get 13/10 consistently throughout the season.

He would have been great in the 90s and 00s, ilke a healthy Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 of those 5 games were blowouts, and he was playing against a severely injured Memphis, OKC in a blowout game, and a horrible Suns team.

I think he's got potential, but I am not sure if his lack of speed will allow him to be played enough minutes to really get 13/10 consistently throughout the season.

He would have been great in the 90s and 00s, ilke a healthy Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
    He had games against good teams where he got 15-19 minutes. Boban seems to keep up his per minute production against about whoever he is playing. Van Grunty it appears is not going to pair him with Drummond.
    9/5/2steals in only 18 mins against Philly Friday nite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had games against good teams where he got 15-19 minutes. Boban seems to keep up his per minute production against about whoever he is playing. Van Grunty it appears is not going to pair him with Drummond.
    9/5/2steals in only 18 mins against Philly Friday nite.
    There were a couple, but even Kwame Brown got a good game against Garnett. Thing about Boban is that he is extremely difficult to use for long periods against decent teams as his lack of mobility would be exploited easily. More agile bigs would just run circles around him, and teams would be nailing outside shots all game long with him in the lineup. He is good offensively, as his size and touch gives him a huge advantage over other centres, but overall, it's really difficult to use him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn if Thread passed away the NBA forum would be so much better
    If Dale passed on it would be a worse place to be. Same for most of you (not all though).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were a couple, but even Kwame Brown got a good game against Garnett. Thing about Boban is that he is extremely difficult to use for long periods against decent teams as his lack of mobility would be exploited easily. More agile bigs would just run circles around him, and teams would be nailing outside shots all game long with him in the lineup. He is good offensively, as his size and touch gives him a huge advantage over other centres, but overall, it's really difficult to use him.
    I'm hearing you but i would say how come no other NBA 3rd string scrub centers had a 30 PER and 'Bobs per minute stats?
    As to the running thing, while modern NBA has become a chuckfest, look how Golden Showers did after Bogut went down. Not saying i even like Bogut or he would have given the Dubs the win, but a defensive keyhole defender is still valuable. Remember 2006 when CIA Popped abandoned Championship ball for small balls?

I think Spurs could have won with Boban. We'll never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hearing you but i would say how come no other NBA 3rd string scrub centers had a 30 PER and 'Bobs per minute stats?
    As to the running thing, while modern NBA has become a chuckfest, look how Golden Showers did after Bogut went down. Not saying i even like Bogut or he would have given the Dubs the win, but a defensive keyhole defender is still valuable. Remember 2006 when CIA Popped abandoned Championship ball for small balls?

I think Spurs could have won with Boban. We'll never know.
    boban's strength is on offense where his combination of size, touch and moves make him extremely difficult to guard one on one, especially by backups. His problem is his defense against teams that can spread the floor due to his total lack of mobility. Against the thunder, he would be useless on defense, and on offense, the athleticism and long reach of the thunder defenders will make him pretty much a liability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His problem is his defense against teams that can spread the floor due to his total lack of mobility
    Is that backed up by any defensive metrics?
    Thunder games regular season Boban only got minutes twice. They split, i remember Boban completely holding his own.
    Playoffs that final game i do not even recognize the stats. Boban went for an offensive rebound, Anus Kunter gave him an arm bar then flopped the ground and took Baban with him. ThunderRef rung up Boban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that backed up by any defensive metrics?
    Thunder games regular season Boban only got minutes twice. They split, i remember Boban completely holding his own.
    Playoffs that final game i do not even recognize the stats. Boban went for an offensive rebound, Anus Kunter gave him an arm bar then flopped the ground and took Baban with him. ThunderRef rung up Boban.
    His drating for the season is actually pretty good, but it's a small sample against selected lineups. I don't know what his defensive stats are specifically vs the thunder but that would be an even smaller sample.

Boban would have been much more useful in the mid 00s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His drating for the season is actually pretty good, but it's a small sample against selected lineups. I don't know what his defensive stats are specifically vs the thunder but that would be an even smaller sample.

Boban would have been much more useful in the mid 00s.
    aka not Today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't look like he will get opportunities to statpad in garbage time with Detroit. 5 mins: 1 reb/1stl/2 PFs..Not sure why SVG is in intent on overpaying every Spurs 3rd stringer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't look like he will get opportunities to statpad in garbage time with Detroit. 5 mins: 1 reb/1stl/2 PFs..Not sure why SVG is in intent on overpaying every Spurs 3rd stringer
    He's getting his money's worth out of Baynes imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban in 15+ minutes per game, 4 games this season:
    (Hey that's all Van Grunty has given him)

7/4 17 min
    9/5 18 min
    15/19 22 min
    13/11 16 min
    11/9.75 in 18 minutes per game ave.

11-16 FGs. 70%
    25.10 PER for the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Dale passed on it would be a worse place to be.
    - "Kind words, Ethan, thank ya kindly."

- "Moses" - "The Searchers"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farking Detroit ahead by 40 tonight in the 3rd quarter and Van Grunty is still not giving Boban any play.
    4 farking minutes left in the game.

todays NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never forget

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benched by Popped for showing too much nad?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That story in the info section

King Marjanovic sat in his private chambers, located at the top of the highest tower of the castle. From this high-up vantage point, the king could look out each of the room's four windows in turn and be able to see nearly the full extent of his kingdom. Now taking the opportunity to so look, he smiled and clasped his large hands together at the sight of the sun-dappled hills and fertile fields of his lands.

Boban was interrupted by a tentative voice from behind him. "My king..." He turned around to find his adviser, Kawhi Leonard, standing at the top of the steps. Kawhi had been the only member of former-King Duncan's royal court to escape the torments of the dungeons, so wise was his counsel. While such vermin as Ginobili and Parker received cruel treatment for their loyalty to the deposed king, Kawhi alone had displayed adequate trustworthiness in submitting fully to Boban's holy reign.

"Kawhi, there is no need for timidity. I might be ruthless and capricious towards my foes, but you are certainly not counted among those vile ranks."

Kawhi tilted his head forward in deference. "Thank you, my lord."

Boban sat down in a richly-cushioned chair designed specially for his large frame. On the table next to him was an empty flagon and a bottle of mulled honeywine. He filled the flagon to the brim and took a large swig, then addressed his adviser. "What is it you wish to tell me?"

"There are reports coming in from the governors, my lord. Unrest in the villages. They resist your rule."

Boban's aspect darkened. "I have done nothing to them. Their governors remain unchanged, their tributes have not been raised," he mused, his anger growing. "They have been treated with lenience in their support of the usurped king, when I could easily have them taken prisoner."

Kawhi nodded. "You are indeed gracious towards your subjects, my lord. But they do not care about how they themselves are treated, for their lives are consumed by poverty and they have long accepted that poverty as the rightful order of things; they only see how their beloved former king is presently treated, and they do not understand your reasons."

Taking another swig of his drink, Boban said, "After his long and bitter resistance to my claiming of the throne, Duncan had two options. Leave these lands forever, or remain here and be doomed to the dungeons. He chose his fate." The flagon was slammed down on the table. "Duncan's populist policies might have endeared him to the wretched beasts who inhabit these lands, but it weakened the kingdom." He paused, then asked of his adviser, "Do you know what my win shares were this year?"

".325 per 48, my lord," Kawhi answered dutifully, long ago having memorized the number. "Highest in the known world."

Boban smiled. "Exactly. That alone justifies all my actions." He placed the bottle and cup on the floor next to his feet, an action which confused Kawhi. "Soon, however, the respect of the populace will be gained in other ways." He ripped away the purple cloth that was draped over the table to reveal that the table was in fact a cage. Kawhi recoiled when he caught sight of the huddled man inside.

"Do you not recognize him, Kawhi?" Boban asked, inordinately pleased by the caged man's suffering.

Kawhi took a minute step closer and squinted at the man. Then, his eyes grew wide. "It is Stephen Curry, king of the far west kingdom by the sea."

"Indeed. His win shares were close to mine, but overthrowing him was effortless. For now, a man named Thompson rules there, but they live in fear of us. It will be easy to make them pay tribute. And now Curry will be put on display in the main hall, so that all visitors to this castle may readily view evidence of my dominance over opposing kingdoms. With Curry so restrained, no challenger could ever hope to amass more win shares than I. Not even you, Kawhi."

For the first time since his capture, Stephen attempted to say something, but the act of using his vocal chords caused him to cough violently.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Boban mocked. "Let me get you something to drink." He took the remnants of his honeywine and splashed it on the captive's face. Stephen spluttered and coughed some more, but his parched tongue feebly searched out drops of the liquid. Finally, Stephen managed to whisper, "Rakeem...Christmas..."

The sound of this name threw Boban into a rage. He leaped to his feet and effortlessly picked up the cage, which he threw at the wall. Stephen moaned in pain as his body cracked against the hard stone walls of the room. When the cage came to rest on its side, he could do no more than cry silently. "Do not say that name again, or your fate will be death," Boban warned as Kawhi looked on in horror.

Ignoring the trembling man, Boban returned to the window, where he again cast his gaze across all his domain. "You and I, Kawhi. Together, we will rule this land, and restore it to its rightful place as the most powerful kingdom in the world."

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That story in the info section
    That was pretty good! I would read that book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man Boban this season only 19 minutes played over 3 games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man Boban this season only 19 minutes played over 3 games...
    Boban for Lauverne would you eat his contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban for Lauverne would you eat his contract?
    no I can't say I would. Spurs are already going to have trouble re-signing guys next summer as it is.

Thread Information