Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So when will the "College GameDay Appearance Champions" banner be raised at Pyle Field?
    Lol

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    ^^^wow

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    what is killing the big XII is that texas is not very good and hasn't been for five years now. when texas is bad, that is bad for the conference. if texas can regain its previous stature then all would be right again.

Texas fans are so ed about their university. Their power hungry bull killed the conference, not aggy.

Nebraska being more relevant than aggy. This isn't the 90's anymore, dip s. Nobody wants to go to that ty school anymore. They will never be as powerful as they once were.

And fwiw, the B12 is only "dead" in a football sense. The other sports are still pretty compe ive overall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is about coaching and nothing more. If Urban Meyer was at Texas and John Harbaugh was at Oklahoma both would be in the top 10 and no one would be talking about how bad the big 12 is. Texas and Oklahoma drive this conference and when both are sucking this is a bad conference. were it not for Bama, the SEC would be looking pretty bad. If OSU and Michigan were sucking people would be saying the same thing about the B1G. outside of Washington the Pac does suck.

Post Count
    This is about coaching and nothing more. If Urban Meyer was at Texas and John Harbaugh was at Oklahoma both would be in the top 10 and no one would be talking about how bad the big 12 is. Texas and Oklahoma drive this conference and when both are sucking this is a bad conference. were it not for Bama, the SEC would be looking pretty bad. If OSU and Michigan were sucking people would be saying the same thing about the B1G. outside of Washington the Pac does suck.
    The problem isn't just the UT and OU sucking. It's them not getting along and causing a big division in the conference. That's the reason expansion is not happening and why the conference could fall apart.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    a conference needs representation and usually by the bread winner. even if washington makes it to the playoff, it doesn't help the PAC 12 the way USC, Oregon or even UCLA would. the ACC needs FSU to be good. the big X needs OSU and michigan to be good. the SEC is fine as long as Bama is king of the hill not just in the conference but in all of division I as well. if baylor made it to the playoff it would be no where near what the big XII would need. it needs texas or oklahoma to be on top. for now though, the big XII needs to get someone in the playoff otherwise that begins to tell the tale that not even the best of that conference can compete with the best of the other big 5. every conference needs to be represented.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    a conference needs representation and usually by the bread winner. even if washington makes it to the playoff, it doesn't help the PAC 12 the way USC, Oregon or even UCLA would. the ACC needs FSU to be good. the big X needs OSU and michigan to be good. the SEC is fine as long as Bama is king of the hill not just in the conference but in all of division I as well. if baylor made it to the playoff it would be no where near what the big XII would need. it needs texas or oklahoma to be on top. for now though, the big XII needs to get someone in the playoff otherwise that begins to tell the tale that not even the best of that conference can compete with the best of the other big 5. every conference needs to be represented.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, pretty much this.

But I think the big 12 would be OK missing the playoff this year
    Last edited by Blake; 10-19-2016 at 12:42 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Nebraska being more relevant than aggy. This isn't the 90's anymore, dip s. Nobody wants to go to that ty school anymore. They will never be as powerful as they once were.
    When Nebraska was in the big 12, they were the top dog in the North division, with a historic rivalry with Oklahoma and a budding rivalry with UT.

now they're just a Wisconsin Iowa type school in the Big 10. I have no doubts they seriously regret leaving.

When Aggie was in the big 12, they were an underachieving mess.

Johnny and Kingsbury came along at the perfect time for them to be compe ive in the SEC, boosting recruiting to another level.

But they're still underneath Bama, LSU, Auburn in the pecking order.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Iowa State’s AD gave a candid interview about*Monday’s decision not to expand. "The Big 12 exists because we have Texas and Oklahoma in the room. If we take Texas and Oklahoma out of the room, we're the Mountain West Conference, and we're getting $3 million (a year in TV revenue).”

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ^^^ that pretty much says it all right there.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well.... we need help in not sucking then.

Help.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    we need Texas leadership to step up and make things right. We need to back strong until he proves he is not the man, and that will be in December. The ball is in his court, win and stay or lose and start designing golf courses. (For those that don't know, Texas didn't fire John Mackovic we re-assigned him to design golf courses for the Texas country club).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Much less impressive once you realize that ESPN makes damn sure their $EC cash cow gets as many teams ranked in preseason as possible every year. Then it's damn near impossible to get them out of the rankings because of all their "ranked wins" and "quality losses" against overrated teams. So pretty much any $EC team with a pulse gets several wins over ranked teams. Big whoop.

In a sane system, Alabama would be the only SEC team ranked until another program proves they're the real deal, not just another Bama coattail-rider.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama again separates themselves from the rest of the SEC by scoring on a defensive play. After this happens in a game the total wilting of will takes place. ATM folded just like all the others against a very good D.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    gy

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It really is like an every year event.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count