Post Count
    you acting like a pussy
    raging after being called out about it

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you acting like a pussy
    raging after being called out about it
    not raging. it's just that you're dead wrong and annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering how op was Going to make this a thread about himself. It did not take long.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I was wondering how op was Going to make this a thread about himself. It did not take long.
    a) your life must be pathetic, i don't think about you at all.
    b) read the le, thread has nothing to do with me. this is concerning the roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true, if they were doing that, they wouldn't have re-signed Manu, or Lee, both too old to be here for long and maybe just this season, (If Lee plays well he will want to get paid one last time and the Spurs should not). If they were really rebuilding and punting they would play everyone else, Murray would take Manu's spot and Bertans would take Lee's.
    Manu's signing was a loyalty signing and still better than whatever player they could find from the scrap heap. Manu's signing also had no effect on the Spurs' ability to sign other FA's since he was re-signed over the cap.

Lee is a fringe NBA player himself and just there to compete with the other fringe NBA players and rookies. The bench can range anywhere from pretty damn terrible to above average. Even Joel Anthony looks compe ive to make the roster... that should tell you something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's signing was a loyalty signing and still better than whatever player they could find from the scrap heap. Manu's signing also had no effect on the Spurs' ability to sign other FA's since he was re-signed over the cap.

Lee is a fringe NBA player himself and just there to compete with the other fringe NBA players and rookies. The bench can range anywhere from pretty damn terrible to above average. Even Joel Anthony looks compe ive to make the roster... that should tell you something.
    I don't disagree on both, Manu or Lee. I just thought that if they were really punting they would come in with a mentality to play their youth and not be that concerned about vets, but you have made me rethink my perspective in the sense that Spurs will make the newer players in the roster earn a role the tough way, and the ones who have a role have to play well to maintain it.

Anyways, I have a prediction on Lee and it will be unpopular among others bc the hate of Kyle Anderson goes so inexplicably deep here that he gets blamed for everything ailing the bench. Lee's lack of a jumpshot at this point has such a negative effect on lineups playing with him that he's the very definition of a garbage stats player. He will get his stats but everyone else playing around him is made worse. He clogs driving lanes. He makes everyone playing in the perimeter easier to defend.

Lee thrived offensively in just a few games for the Mavs (small sample size playing about 15 mins per game, but he was still overall a negative for that team, they were better playing others like Mejri and Powell).

Anyways, the hope for the bench rests on Bertans and Anderson hitting their stride. I waver on J.simms myself quite a bit, bc while his athleticism is welcomed, he seems unable to make the right decisions with the ball and his mistakes are tiring at this point. At some point Pop is also going to have enough with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else in the West is going to be good other than the Warriors? If we're healthy come playoff time we should make the WCF.
    Clippers still need an elite wing and a bench to compete with Warriors.

Rockets? Even playing the worst defense in the league, I think they would be enough 'cause his 'new' offense, to rank #4/5 in the West

Dallas will improve but not over #6/7 seed

Portland has the youth and athleticism in backcourt that Spurs lack but nothing more than that.

Zach Lowe and many others say this is Utah Jazz year, I don't think so.

OKC without KD = #7/8

Memphis' health is a big question mark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I see here is this:
    Sure, we're on ST panic mode.

However, I'm still concerned about this Spurs new season and their

-defense

-two main guards 73 years old together

-bench performance on both ends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans will improve the bench.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Pop we trust!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can always watch beisbol, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team definitely has issues and flaws, but unless they are ravaged by injuries they'll still contend for a top 3 seed.

The lack of a quality 4th swingman and frontcourt depth could become issues too. I think the roster is good enough to compete and they are finally bringing in younger/overseas talent.

I expect Kawhi to be a top 2 MVP candidate and his playmaking to reach another tier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't find this thread too different from the West PtR thread last year. If the Spurs fail, it seems really obvious how that's going to happen. A lot of folks like Lowe are expecting the team to take a step back. I don't agree with them in the context to their relative place in the league for their starting front court. But the bench is a work in progress and will be until they find a successor for Manu. Neither Murray nor Simmons seems capable of that in the immediate future. But once that happens, I think it will be well worth it.

I feel like they could use some talent for their bench, but the issue with behind under the cap two seasons in a row is that they just don't have the expendable contracts. Only two scenarios where they can get that talent look like this: 1) They get a bought out player who happens to be a starting-level scorer (Rudy Gay seems like the most likely) but who doesn't go to GS; and 2) The Spurs trade one of their players plus assets for a significantly better player who plays the same position (Like Parker-plus for Lowry; Dedmon-plus for Noel; or if you're on RealGM, Green-plus for Hayward).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope we can win the roster championship

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hoping pop isn't intending on having anderson/lma/gasol on the floor at the same time for a considerable amount of minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Lee are rental .
    Manu is retire .

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It's not the roster. It's Pop and his inability to make adjustments. For the third year in a row, it's going to be 75% ISO and post-ups and that will be good enough to win 55-60 games during the regular season in a watered down league but will be easily defendable in the postseason when defenses stiffen. The only way to combat this issue is to have a prolific three point shooting attack which the Spurs don't have. Danny Green can't function in a halfcourt set. Patty Mills is inconsistent and while Kawhi can shoot three's at a high percentage, he's not a high volume shooter. Meanwhile, the Spurs are getting P'wned in the paint where they've been outscored handily in all but one preseason game (vs Atlanta's backups). Lack of penetration + few cuts to the basket = very few easy shot opportunities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did the PnR stop being a half-court play?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    When did the PnR stop being a half-court play?
    Still effective but, not the driving force it once was. It's why the Spurs can smash bad teams with mediocre to bad defenses but, look very mortal against elite teams with quality defenses and better athletes. How did the PnR look against OKC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the roster. It's Pop and his inability to make adjustments. For the third year in a row, it's going to be 75% ISO and post-ups and that will be good enough to win 55-60 games during the regular season in a watered down league but will be easily defendable in the postseason when defenses stiffen. The only way to combat this issue is to have a prolific three point shooting attack which the Spurs don't have. Danny Green can't function in a halfcourt set. Patty Mills is inconsistent and while Kawhi can shoot three's at a high percentage, he's not a high volume shooter. Meanwhile, the Spurs are getting P'wned in the paint where they've been outscored handily in all but one preseason game (vs Atlanta's backups). Lack of penetration + few cuts to the basket = very few easy shot opportunities.
    I have actually seen 75% of PnR by everybody and only a few post ups for Gasol and LMA (Kawhi hasn't even...) Gasol passes very well from post ups and moves the ball. It's really only LMA who has been posting up and its a small number of possessions.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I have actually seen 75% of PnR by everybody and only a few post ups for Gasol and LMA (Kawhi hasn't even...) Gasol passes very well from post ups and moves the ball. It's really only LMA who has been posting up and its a small number of possessions.
    Gasol is an excellent passer and the ball movement is better than last year but, without penetration, it's going to result in a lot of forced jumpshots with clock running down. Btw, is it just me or is Kawhi settling for a lot more 3-pointers this year? He should be attacking the paint everytime he touches the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Lee are rental .
    Manu is retire .
    kobyz?

Thread Information