Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't want to earn it. He wants to win but he wants it the easy way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't really gain it at this stage. It's one of those things you have or don't have. His sorry playoff performance should have motivated him to work even harder to improve his game. Not complaining about how he fits the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is it seems like he doesn't want to improve his game. He thinks he has reached the peak of his development but what is going to happen as he gets older. Players that stay in the league alter their game. I don't see him doing this. He just wants to make as much money as he can, work as little as possible, and then hang it up. Even as a teammate, I don't know how he meshed with the team. Going forward, I hope he approaches next season with something to prove to his doubters but he seems content in his situation. It is just laziness. Pure and simple. Why work when you don't have to?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too lazy to stay in shape and too lazy or too dumb to learn the offense. In his 2nd year and he still isn't sure when to pass or shot. Meanwhile you have other guys who learn it right away (at least the basics). He needs a team that will cater to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This morning Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court. He then quickly un-followed @Tim Duncan on Twitter and followed long time spurs sponsor, @Taco Cabana.

We all know that Tim was/is a gym rat and one of the greatest of all time but I think this reflects poorly on Aldridge. Sometimes the body doesn't follow the mind and you end up being a blowhard. I wonder if he really he wants to be great or if he's willing to work for it.
    Should have seent it then

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yes. The schtick where I refer to Manu as Manure and the bane of the Spurs existence was taken already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is not a good look for Chinook, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF he's doing that? He needs to be moved. The good news is, if he is becoming a distraction and a cancer, the Spurs won't hesitate to move him.

I don't see any proof that he's becoming a cancer.

1. Not from some 30 second discussion, led by a Boston Celtics homer reporter.
    2. Not from some overheard conversation in a restaurant.
    3. Not from some story about him being the first to quit a one-on-one session with Tim.
    4. And not from a bunch of speculation on ST.
    Ouch. Looks like most of those occurrences may have been accurate.

One thing is for sure: if LMA has a beef with the Spurs, he hasn't taken it public like Jax.

And if Pop has a beef with LMA, he hasn't made any sarcastic remarks in interviews about it, the way he has about some other players in the past - not even joking comments, like he does sometimes.
    He wasn't being sarcastic or joking at the end of the year. After Leonard went down, Aldridge ing quit.

But, yeah. If he's a cancer and a distraction, the Spurs won't hesitate to move him, even if it means getting less value than they would like.
    Sometimes its easier to be cynical than realistic. I'm constantly doubting. In fact, I'm already prepared for him to be on the roster and actually have a good year. If CP3 does come here, its almost a lock.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 06-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is not a good look for Chinook, tbh
    Not a good look for a lot of people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea because Tim Duncan is totally the type to let the media know about training sessions with a teammate. This seems totally legit
    He didn't do an interview and relay the story. It's a story from somebody that might know that is around the team. Seems legit to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tamad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you want to think. The story is BS and you know it. Media throwing at the wall and hoping something sticks per par.
    ElKingFailer2?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't want to earn it. He wants to win but he wants it the easy way.
    I just removed this poster from my ignore list.
    Exactly.

Even though you got an awfully talented GS team, no laying down.

Sean continues to tell the story of playing Duncan in video games and crushing poor Timmy. Tim still wanted to play everytime and continued to lose. Tim eventually beat him. Dogged determination. Pound the Fckn Rock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe that I didn't even post in this thread when it first came up. I wonder what I was thinking not commenting. This thread should have blown up at the time. I guess a lot of us didn't want to believe it or pay much attention to. it also doesn't seem made up because the guy that said it claims he saw it first hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Garret from Arosti just retold this story in May too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a 39 year old man on 1 leg outworks you, and you want to be the face of the franchise, you got problems.
    It's true. And Tim had that all time level of great mental toughness. The kind that bird, magic, Jordan had. Very rare to have that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just removed this poster from my ignore list.
    Exactly.

Even though you got an awfully talented GS team, no laying down.

Sean continues to tell the story of playing Duncan in video games and crushing poor Timmy. Tim still wanted to play everytime and continued to lose. Tim eventually beat him. Dogged determination. Pound the Fckn Rock.
    Irony. Post about being soft, and you use ignore.... you are the durant of spurstalk

Thread Information