Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah she had a ton of requests to change the les under our usernames. In order to keep track of who had been done or not she bolded the names of the completions. IOW, if you joined after that or did not request to have your le changed you were a gnsf forevermore.
    I stand corrected. Either way YOU DMC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kori and LJ,
    May God bless you my friends. Lots of memories. Change is an important constant in life. I wish you and your family tremendous joy, peace, and love in your future plans and in service to others.
    And this.

The Fonz
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope we can resume the TIMVP after game summaries; Spurs fans not in SA cant watch them on tv much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope we can resume the TIMVP after game summaries; Spurs fans not in SA cant watch them on tv much.
    This+++1,000 it was my favorite thing about the site when I first signed on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol all you gots falling for another timvp troll job

I want to thank the original member who offered to grab the wheel and allow me to get back to doing the only thing I've ever wanted to do on SpursTalk: talk basketball
    season starts tonight and he hasn't posted since

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It still hurts?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl tiny DPG finally catches the load
    Literally

I'm hoping awmyplace and sequspur turn this place around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think paid memberships will contribute as much as expected. I'm all for free memberships and then members have the option to pay for "Premium." Maybe access to a premium forum and random perks like spurs icons or a different colored username. It would give members (who care enough to pay) a place to post where there's less nonsense, while still keeping the original spurs forum and NBA forum for the shenanigans.

Just my 2 cents.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

I knew that was a massive trolljob when I saw the part about paid memberships

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for everything you've done for Spurs fans all over the world guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After much consideration, Kori and I have decided to relinquish our admin roles on SpursTalk as part of a reorganizational plan to ensure the site's brightest possible future. Although we have received lucrative offers to sell the message board and the domain, we have instead handed the keys over to a trusted original member of SpursTalk who we're confident can guide this ship to its full potential.

While more details will be posted soon, here are some key takeaways from our vision of SpursTalk's future:

-Free from the time-consuming, behind-the-scenes administrative drama, I will be able to participate on the forum on a regular basis. For this, I am excited.

-Kori and I will no longer have admin or moderator access (per our request). Instead, a new support process will be implemented to provide faster and more reliable support.

-To keep SpursTalk afloat, we signed off on plans to raise the needed money to pay for the server fees, vBulletin licensing fees, and other miscellaneous costs. For the last 13+ years, Kori and I have paid for everything out of our own pockets. Don't fret, there will be no advertisements. Rather, the money will be raised by charging new users a registration fee and offering optional 'upgrades' to current members.

-Kori and I will be donating $3,000 to the SpursTalk coffers to help ease the transition. It is our hope that between the initial $3,000, new registration fees, and optional upgrades, the new administration will be able to cover SpursTalk’s operational costs and keep the forum up and running in perpetuity.

-While many sites are increasing censorship, there are plans to decrease the censorship on SpursTalk even further. At the same time, new features will be added to help raise the bar in terms of quality content.

Overall, I haven't been as confident as I am now about the future of SpursTalk in a long while. Kori and I had a memorable ride owning and operating SpursTalk the last 14 or so years but now we're thrilled to be on the other side. I want to thank the original member who offered to grab the wheel and allow me to get back to doing the only thing I've ever wanted to do on SpursTalk: talk basketball.
    Serious question: Can GNSFs like me upgrade our accounts to BNSF? Been waiting for that for like seven years Willing to pay for that upgrade as well. Cheers, TimVP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who ing cares about your ty 6 year old thread

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has gotten weird

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see the site isn't going anywhere.

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything that gets LJ and Kori back to posting more often gets my vote. Hope all is well at home.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure anyone would pay to post on this forum

no offense
    Or any forum for that matter... Hope that registration fee was a joke lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might be overestimating the amount of people who are willing to pay for registration...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

Was this what you call "Deceptive Thread"?

Not trying to act en led or anything, but it would have been better to keep expectations low..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the future hurts tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

Was this what you call "Deceptive Thread"?

Not trying to act en led or anything, but it would have been better to keep expectations low..
    First mistake was you got your hopes up about ST.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just goes to show you, posters still eat up every word of Timvp posts as if he's some type of messiah.

After much consideration, Kori and I have decided to relinquish our admin roles on SpursTalk as part of a reorganizational plan to ensure the site's brightest possible future.
    Yeah, I'm sure you had a lot of sleepless nights.

....more details will be posted soon

charging new users a registration fee
    You think people are going to pay real money to join this sight?

Overall, I haven't been as confident as I am now about the future of SpursTalk in a long while.

I want to thank the original member who offered to grab the wheel and allow me to get back to doing the only thing I've ever wanted to do on SpursTalk: talk basketball.
    How's that working out for you? I f you ever do drop by, be careful logging onto Spurstalk, you may end up downloading malicious software that could damage your computer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I asked in October, what is the purpose of all the secrecy about the new owner/operator/administrator?. According to WHOIS.com, the SpursTalk domain is still owned by Johnathan Ellis and he is the contact for all administration and technological questions. I can understand some lackadaisical at ude toward official administration changes since this is more of a hobby for whoever runs it. But if the "new" administration is supposed to provide " a new support process will be implemented to provide faster and more reliable support." we have yet to see it.

And the lack of any support process is particularly annoying now that our browser applications are giving us messages that the site is 'deceptive' and may be putting malware on our computers. A responsible owner or administrator would be on top of the possibility that the site may have been hacked by some malicious operator. Whoever the administrator is, something ought to be done and an announcement to the members about the malware situation should be made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would anyone hack ST? Bunch of broke fatasses hanging out in their mothers basement all day. There's probably like 30+ actual posters on here.

Thread Information