Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs won't be able to afford him..He probably gets around 6-8/ year.

Is it possible to sign and trade RFAs? Can we sign and trade him for lou williams? They can also get Kyle Anderson and second round pick...

Should help the lakers..imo.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Mitch Kupchak isn't lurking, us losing Kyle Anderson would be devastating

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be suprised if a team offers him a lucrative deal. Hes not young enough to get a deal that has potential factored into it. And he needs more seasons (plural) of consistency for most teams to invest long term.

I see him signing a 1+1 player option deal with Spurs for 6-8 million per. Imo
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-01-2017 at 08:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am unsure as of yet. He has a short track record. In the postseason is where he's going to earn his money. I hope Spurs can keep him...
    wings are in high demand and guys like Bazemore got paid after just the one season, same with demarre Carroll.

he doesn't play much but he's behind Kawhi and shares minutes with Manu and he was t going to dethrone Danny bc he's a better shooter and the SL, playing Tony needs that shooter.

I think with a good playoff performance he will get paid. It's just tough to say until we see him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll get 10
    Mill by some franchise.
    Per year that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be suprised if a team offers him a lucrative deal. Hes not young enough to get a deal that has potential factored into it. And he needs more seasons (plural) of consistency for most teams to invest long term.

I see him signing a 1+1 player option deal with Spurs for 5-6 million per. Imo
    With a good playoff performance he gets more... qualifier: he has to show up in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves he'll dissappear into obscurity imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna say he'll get all he wants, and 2-3 at a time. But you guys are talking about money.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one knows how Simmons will play in the playoffs. Fathead and Martin took his minutes because he was a "rookie"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a good playoff performance he gets more... qualifier: he has to show up in the playoffs.
    I dont think he'll get enough minutes to be a consistent stand out performer in the playoffs. Hard to have a coming out party when he'll play 15-18 minutes at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna say he'll get all he wants, and 2-3 at a time. But you guys are talking about money.
    No kidding. I used to think Spurs were going to prioritize Mills, if I have lately been doubting that. Simmons is definitely impactful and despite his age, still getting better. I will chalk it up to some years of his life spent not playing that compe ive of basketball. It's really tough to say at this point but I am starting to see a scenario where he's more significant to keep than Mills. He has to be impactful in the playoffs though. If he's getting benched that would. Hangs his $, but I doubt it happens.

on the one hand I wouldn't want Spurs to overpay for any role player. On the other. They have to start paying their young players at some point and it may be between him and Mills, or others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think he'll get enough minutes to be a consistent stand out performer in the playoffs. Hard to have a coming out party when he'll play 15-18 minutes at most.
    You never now. Too much small ball, injuries, foul trouble, Patty getting flambeau prompting Simmons to come in... it's tough to say... and all it takes is one team to see enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think the Spurs hold onto him tbh. As long as he doesn't get $10mil+ per season I think he stays.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never now. Too much small ball, injuries, foul trouble, Patty getting flambeau prompting Simmons to come in... it's tough to say... and all it takes is one team to see enough.
    Im not saying theres absolutely no way that can happen. Im just saying given his limited role..its less likely he has a coming out party. Remember, Kawhi & Dannys minutes in the playoffs are maxed out. Manu will be a 15-20 minute player then you have the rest for Simmons and Anderson to split ( which isnt a lot).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No kidding. I used to think Spurs were going to prioritize Mills, if I have lately been doubting that. Simmons is definitely impactful and despite his age, still getting better. I will chalk it up to some years of his life spent not playing that compe ive of basketball. It's really tough to say at this point but I am starting to see a scenario where he's more significant to keep than Mills. He has to be impactful in the playoffs though. If he's getting benched that would. Hangs his $, but I doubt it happens.

on the one hand I wouldn't want Spurs to overpay for any role player. On the other. They have to start paying their young players at some point and it may be between him and Mills, or others.

Sorry, SAGirl. That was a crude attempt at humor. Simmons is a regular on a good NBA team now, plus he's going to get paid. And the girls are going to come a'runnin.

People trying to speculate what the salaries are going to look like this offseason must be joking, too. Everyone knew the cap was going up last year, but still even the experts were shocked at some of the contracts. It's going to take a big bump this year, and there are going to be some eye-popping deals thrown at a lot of guys. I think my prediction has a much better chance of being accurate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cap is expected to increase to 102 million..which is less than originally anticipated and only 8 more million than where its at right now. Dont expect as much change in salary as we saw last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams always overpay role players on the Spurs. Expect a head to throw 10-12 mill at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not saying theres absolutely no way that can happen. Im just saying given his limited role..its less likely he has a coming out party. Remember, Kawhi & Dannys minutes in the playoffs are maxed out. Manu will be a 15-20 minute player then you have the rest for Simmons and Anderson to split ( which isnt a lot).
    As much as I have been in Kyles camp, it just isn't his season. He's running out of time. I am not opposed to him being traded either though he will likely have a very rude awakening then.. but I hate to make this a Kyle thread bc I myself have posting subject fatigue... the only thing that matters is that he's a deep bench reserve and unlikely to play for real unless something unfortunate happens. I like him and all but he has been indeed disappointing.

So back to Simmons, it's tough to say. He's been incredibly streaky but has had aye opened games like he did against GSW. He's got that in him somewhere. One never knows what trailing from behind game he can come in and spark things up. I think Davis also has that potential, but this is about JSimms.

my only concern is that if he were to get paid the big bucks then Pop would need to see that nightly and he's been streaky. I don't want to jinx him frankly so I won't hype it up, but Manu looks a. It done at times Simmons with his desire to get to the rim makes a difference. Spurs have been almost dead last in points in the paint. It's just uncertain right now, it I can see a scenario where he earns at least a multi year deal similar to Danny's, provided he doesn't disappear in the bright lights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, SAGirl. That was a crude attempt at humor. Simmons is a regular on a good NBA team now, plus he's going to get paid. And the girls are going to come a'runnin.

People trying to speculate what the salaries are going to look like this offseason must be joking, too. Everyone knew the cap was going up last year, but still even the experts were shocked at some of the contracts. It's going to take a big bump this year, and there are going to be some eye-popping deals thrown at a lot of guys. I think my prediction has a much better chance of being accurate.
    Oh yea... I think he's more likely to go over the estimate than under too.

This subject about JSimms interests me and I considered posting a similar thread not long ago but I would get typical response plus the trolling about Anderson included... which frankly has nothing to do with this... so I decided against it. For whatever reason team construction fior the offseason interests me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves he'll dissappear into obscurity imo
    At the end of the day, He'll get paid plenty enough to feed his family

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs = 22/3 or nets ....30/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't shoot. 2.5 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could see a 1+1 MLE deal, but I think he'll get better offers. Him taking them would probably depend on how the Spurs see him factoring into their future plans. Right now, he's the replacement for Manu. But if he can hang out another year, he might be the replacement for Green. While I don't think starting is a big deal for Simmons, I'd assume the pay increase that comes with that would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will pay if they want him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't going to get much IMO, you can find a Simmons on virtually every team..his defense has improved to the point where he can be considered legitimately good, but he has been a relatively poor offensive player with limited consistency(52% TS, poor assist to turnover ratio, does most of his damage vs. bad teams or against 2nd/3rd stringers)..

I like him in an energy role for the Spurs where he plays 10 MPG, though..

Thread Information