Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks to be sleeping in the bed of winning a championship every 4 years on average and winning 67 games and this year being off to the best start in franchise history.
    1 Championship in the last 9 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Head of the Snake tbh

Lol that last one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 Championship in the last 9 years.
    I wonder who was the "team leader" during those years? The head of the snake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate TP as much as my fellows here so I'll give my thoughts on Parker

TP is struggling because he simply can't play the "passive role" as he ages. Parker is a natural attacking the basket and scoring, that's his mindset for basketball.

He knows how to run the plays that Pop wants ( + Pop doesn't have another reliable option other than Manu), but he was never a plus defender and he is not a natural playmaker. To make things worse, the league is stacked in terms of PGs.

To a lesser extent, it's the same problem of Kyle Anderson. Kyle Anderson is totally ineffective playing the passive role/off the ball and he is an overrated playmaker. He is slow defending most perimeter players and he is not a great shooter. Bad combination to play off the ball in the Spurs system.He came to the NBA as a natural/willing passer, but the more I watch him, the more I believe he is actually score-first player that needs the ball on his hands to be effective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again my biggest concern with Tony is the way he's playing with ZERO energy or pace. He literally looks uninspired and sometimes just lost as in he doesn't know how to impact games. He never pushes the ball up court in transiston consistently and is just constantly going through the motions....His entire offensive game has been those midrange pull ups behind the big...he doesn't put pressure on the defense anymore and as a PG that's your job!!!!

Tony is playing so bad and is so ineffective..either attack the paint or sit the down..Nico could actually do a better job with the way Tony is playing and I'm dead ing serious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that last one
    The good thing about that free throw of course (in reality) was that the ref blew it dead, which is why he held it back. Then of course they gave it to him again and he made it to give the Spurs the lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again my biggest concern with Tony is the way he's playing with ZERO energy or pace. He literally looks uninspired and sometimes just lost as in he doesn't know how to impact games. He never pushes the ball up court in transiston consistently and is just constantly going through the motions....His entire offensive game has been those midrange pull ups behind the big...he doesn't put pressure on the defense anymore and as a PG that's your job!!!!

Tony is playing so bad and is so ineffective..either attack the paint or sit the down..Nico could actually do a better job with the way Tony is playing and I'm dead ing serious
    You guys really love to live in hypothetical land. "Nico could do better!" "I could do better!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys really love to live in hypothetical land. "Nico could do better!" "I could do better!"
    I'm being serious. If Tony is going to continue to walk the ball up and hand off the ball to Kawhi and LA and just watch...yes Nico could possibly be better on that role..

I don't need Tony to score but I do need him to be aggressive..if you can't comprehend what that means..basketball isn't for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm being serious. If Tony is going to continue to walk the ball up and hand off the ball to Kawhi and LA and just watch...yes Nico could possibly be better on that role..

I don't need Tony to score but I do need him to be aggressive..if you can't comprehend what that means..basketball isn't for you.
    Maybe if you don't see the value Pop & RC still do in Parker starting, basketball isn't for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Tony is just depressed cause Timmy isn't on the roster for the first time in his career

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if you don't see the value Pop & RC still do in Parker starting, basketball isn't for you.
    Oh I see why. Read my OP...

There's a risk moving him to the bench.. Due to his ego/ never being a bench player plus losing Patty 3pt shooting. But if the SL continues to struggle with energy and slow starts of going through the motions...you best believe Tony will be the one going to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you change your team while you're at it? Might have to wait for the next bandwagon to come through though.
    I've been a Spurs fan since I moved here in 96 tbh. Parker used to be my favorite player, but honestly the team looks more disjointed when hes on the court. As soon as I see Mills come in I can expect a run of some sort, Spurs should trade him while he still has some value for another team, although they will never do it since hes part of the "big 3". Since hes still on the roster Pop will always start him and it will end up hurting us negatively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be it's time to trust Pop and go play basketball in the gym?

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, he's an old 34 and he's pacing himself. This reminds me of the TD is too old and sucks threads around 2009. For those expecting to see 2008 TP he's not coming back...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would ST rather be their starting PG, if given no other choice?? Parker, or Kyle? Honest question begets honest answers:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would ST rather be their starting PG, if given no other choice?? Parker, or Kyle? Honest question begets honest answers:
    Mills tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no answer. Though I have been dissappointed on both dudes, at least for Tony one has to hope he catches a rhythm. When Danny gets back, he will at least cover for Tony on defense like he has the past few seasons, that by itself will help.

We might have to let Pop figure this one out. There are no easy answers short of an unrealistic hypothetical trade. Pop might have to start testing his rookies too so there may be rest games coming up. Wait and see is my approach... Mills is a possibility but I'd rather play Lapro than Tony in the bench TBH....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the question, Captain Cop-Out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no answer. Though I have been dissappointed on both dudes, at least for Tony one has to hope he catches a rhythm. When Danny gets back, he will at least cover for Tony on defense like he has the past few seasons, that by itself will help.

We might have to let Pop figure this one out. There are no easy answers short of an unrealistic hypothetical trade. Pop might have to start testing his rookies too so there may be rest games coming up. Wait and see is my approach... Mills is a possibility but I'd rather play Lapro than Tony in the bench TBH....
    I asked a simple question and nobody wants to give a simple answer. Typical Americans... In this realm of hypothetical, who would you choose? C'mon... play with me.
    Alberto Einstein played with thought puzzles often, which brought him to his most important theories. Let's go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the excuse Porker will be better when Green comes back, both are done and we are extremely lucky having such a stacked team... excepting TPork and DGreen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked a simple question and nobody wants to give a simple answer. Typical Americans... In this realm of hypothetical, who would you choose? C'mon... play with me.
    Alberto Einstein played with thought puzzles often, which brought him to his most important theories. Let's go.
    DUH, obviously Tony but that doesn't make it a good choice.

It's not a very good question as I think Kyle is not a PG... He's more like a forward who looks to pass and lacks aggression with his shooting + he is having an early career crisis with a lack of positional iden y, not helped in matters by his coach playing him all over the place... Can he find a niche and get good at it? I hope so for the Spurs, I though Pop would have been all over that but he's again with playing Kyle all over the place. That doesn't make him the PG. I still wish for him and Pop to figure things out.

I am hoping Tony will catch a rhythm too. What happens if he doesn't? Legit question too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DUH, obviously Tony but that doesn't make it a good choice.

It's not a very good question as I think Kyle is not a PG... He's more like a forward who looks to pass and lacks aggression with his shooting + he is having an early career crisis with a lack of positional iden y, not helped in matters by his coach playing him all over the place... Can he find a niche and get good at it? I hope so for the Spurs, I though Pop would have been all over that but he's again with playing Kyle all over the place. That doesn't make him the PG. I still wish for him and Pop to figure things out.

I am hoping Tony will catch a rhythm too. What happens if he doesn't? Legit question too...
    Thank you for the direct answer.
    For someone that rides on the word of Pop, you don't remember him saying Kyle could play point? Do you not believe him when said that particular soundbite?
    Not baiting... I promise. I'm being legit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks confused about his role. I was hopeful after the opener that he was going to transition into more of a volume three-point shooter/driver of closeouts/secondary (have Leonard run it on one side and if it yields nothing, immediately swing it to him on the other to attack a defense in mid rotation) pick-and-roll player, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Short of that, I'd rather he be more aggressive and look to turn the corner occasionally on pick-and-rolls. Being unselfish is one thing, but it's to the point where he's putting too much of the creative responsibilities on Leonard's (improved, but he's not James or Harden) plate.

Quietly, Ginobili has been almost as bad though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you relieve the amount of basketball he's played at just 34 years old? He has the legs of a 38, 39 year old when you include regular season, postseason and international play. His decision to play so much has had a detrimental effect on the end of his career. No one to blame but himself, really.

Tony should have given up international play 4 or 6 years ago, but continued to play and piled up more miles on the odometer. Now, he is a s of himself and looks like his career could be over....

I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that he's "pacing" himself, but that isn't very likely.
    Duncan never looked this bad even as an actual 40 year old. Manu doesn't look that bad at 39. Neither does MVPau at what 35?

It's Enrique's own damn fault too. He never developed a reliable shot and never enjoyed being a facilitator. The unmotivated fat ass actually thought his speed and scoring would be around till he was 40. Just lol at him making that comment about wanting to play till his late 30s but never developing his game.

Thread Information