Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give it to SASDynasty. Even when he knows his favorite player is washed up/finished, he sticks by him. Gotta respect that loyalty.
    To be fair we are discussing him now, though there is a lot if discussion about his accomplishments and debate, they are idle talk to the current situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8776659[/URL]]The problem is that this is an ISO team now. Kawhi & Aldridge aren't passers, period. Last night Parker had double the assists of anyone else on the team. He's the only one that can distribute on this squad.

At least when he was the main scorer he also led the team in assists and got the rest of the team involved. That's what made them so great. You didn't know if Parker was going to score on you or kick out for a 3. Kawhi & Aldridge are great scorers, but since they can't/don't pass teams at least know what they're getting, which is why it doesn't hold up for them in the playoffs.

The Spurs were at their peak in 2012-2014 when Parker was the main scorer & distributor. Now Parker is the only passer we have left (Manu has flashes like always, but it's not conisistent). Him talking a back seat in scoring makes him one-dimensional now, but this is what everyone wanted...we'll, here you go.
    I'll just leave this here. If Kawhi ran point he'd lead the team in assists.

https://youtu.be/Tm5p3lvThYM

I'm not calling for Kawhi to run point, but against teams w/ elite PGs that TP/Patty can't handle, it might not be a bad idea.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this reminds me of 2014-2015 SpursTalk, tbh..although it's like 70% of the forum on the bandwagon, rather than just Apo, dabom and I being reported to the mods every day for anti-Parker threads and ruining the forum

Tony has been finished for a few seasons, tbh..this is old news..it hasn't bothered me since the 2015 playoffs, though, as I learned to accept it a long time ago..at some point, you just have to stop criticising the victim of Father Time, and allocating the blame to the coach instead..
    Was thinking the last 5 min against the jazz where it was clear as day that they were targeting tony on offence. What was pops rational for leaving Tony out there ? Does he want Tony to learn the hard way that he is the weaklink on defense. As a coach its easier to let things play out when dealing with a player such as Tony Parker perhaps?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just out of curiosity...who led the team last year in those advanced stats? Boban.
    false

VORP- boban 9th, leonard 1st
    BPM- boban 3rd, leonard 1st
    WS/48- boban 1st, leonard 2nd
    PER- boban 2nd, leonard 1st

in another post you said leonard was the best player last year, seems like those advanced stats back that up.

and if you were to simply qualify for 20+ mpg or playing in all games (considering boban played all of 6 mpg), leonard easily comes out 1st in every category. that said, its a damn shame pop didnt use boban more last year, especially against okc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called the Sports Grind today on Ticket 760 and gave my 2 cents about Tony. They were pretty much talking about the same things I've noticed and even said he looks uninterested...

And then they asked me about Tony Romo lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called the Sports Grind today on Ticket 760 and gave my 2 cents about Tony. They were pretty much talking about the same things I've noticed and even said he looks uninterested...

And then they asked me about Tony Romo lol
    What else did they say about the Spurs and Tony on Ticket 760? Can you please elaborate? Thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was thinking the last 5 min against the jazz where it was clear as day that they were targeting tony on offence. What was pops rational for leaving Tony out there ? Does he want Tony to learn the hard way that he is the weaklink on defense. As a coach its easier to let things play out when dealing with a player such as Tony Parker perhaps?
    There may be some truth in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP playing is worse than the new NBA website layout.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to play this bad, he has to start thinking about retirement right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker had his highlights and maxed his prime like Tim did.

Tony did have a great career prior to 2012 but no longer

He needs to gracefully retire like Tim after this season, or he is a giant

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2007 and 2013 was his peak...

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to go.. CP3 has to replace him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have my league pass yet so I only saw the Spurs-Warrior game.

But, do you remember the last time we saw Tony running to the other side of the floor with 2 screens to hit an open Jumper? Me neither.
    The guy is a scorer. And he needs screens, PNR, shooters in the corners etc... to perform.

I understand it's Kawhi & LMA time now. So put Tony on the bench with the system he need or don't play him at all.
    And like I already said in another thread he should just retire at the end of the season at this point

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WAP = What A Porker

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP playing is worse than the new NBA website layout.
    That is cancer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hahahaha what?!? Prior to 2012? He finished 5th in MVP voting in 2012 and 6th in 2013. Those were arguably the best years of his career! He was still an All-Star and All-NBA player in 2014 and finished 12th in MVP voting while leading the Spurs in scoring & assists throughout the regular season and playoffs. Prior to 2012 only? Lol, what?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    false

VORP- boban 9th, leonard 1st
    BPM- boban 3rd, leonard 1st
    WS/48- boban 1st, leonard 2nd
    PER- boban 2nd, leonard 1st

in another post you said leonard was the best player last year, seems like those advanced stats back that up.

and if you were to simply qualify for 20+ mpg or playing in all games (considering boban played all of 6 mpg), leonard easily comes out 1st in every category. that said, its a damn shame pop didnt use boban more last year, especially against okc.
    Advanced stats:

2016 Regular Season:

TS% - Boban 1st
    WS/48 - Boban 1st
    PER - Boban 1st (check your source again)
    BPM - Boban 3rd

Playoffs:

TS% - Boban 1st
    WS/48 - Boban 1st
    PER - Boban 2nd
    BPM - Boban 3rd

This is what I mean by I don't care about advanced stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the Tony haters. They begged him to handle the ball less the last couple years and now that he does they complain still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the Tony haters. They begged him to handle the ball less the last couple years and now that he does they complain still.
    I have a theory that if Parker shot 100% from the field, averaged 15 assists, and went the whole season without a turnover, they would find some advanced stats that show him as not being productive enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Advanced stats:

2016 Regular Season:

TS% - Boban 1st
    WS/48 - Boban 1st
    PER - Boban 1st (check your source again)
    BPM - Boban 3rd

Playoffs:

TS% - Boban 1st
    WS/48 - Boban 1st
    PER - Boban 2nd
    BPM - Boban 3rd

This is what I mean by I don't care about advanced stats.
    Original post was about playoffs, never mentioned ts %, and you said boban lead the team in all the stats when in fact it was only 1, ws/48. You are an obtuse got for insisting on comparing a guy that played 6MPG in 7 of 10 playoff games with the rest of the rotation players that played 20+.

You're within your right to disagree with advanced stats (lol Mr. Trust in pop and the FO when every Single front office including the spurs uses them), you are not free to make up, only stat Boban lead the team in last playoffs was ws/48

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tim actually had a ungrateful exit. It's a testament to his status as the GOAT that it was graceful, but Tim was literally abused by Adams and kanter. He retired due to injury after seeing his stats go down.

The whole "Parker is an jerk" ignores that it's the coaches job to allocate minutes, and two well known gifs aside, Tony isn't sabotaging the team. There's been a shambolic order of events that have led people to infer Tony is a jerk, but his popularity with other players has always been a huge rebuttal to that claim.

For me, there's no way the NBA allows you to assemble perfect teams. The spurs pg problem is the warriors big man problem, or the clippers bench problem. The respect for players is one of the main advantages of the spurs. We are not a big money franchise. If you don't appreciate the players now, how will you act when San Antonio goes through rebuilding?

Side argument...is the Tony Parker drama really an issue with the male sensitivity at growing older? There seems to be a consistent correlation between Parker haters personalities and their positions. Life sucks, get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim actually had a ungrateful exit. It's a testament to his status as the GOAT that it was graceful, but Tim was literally abused by Adams and kanter. He retired due to injury after seeing his stats go down.

The whole "Parker is an jerk" ignores that it's the coaches job to allocate minutes, and two well known gifs aside, Tony isn't sabotaging the team. There's been a shambolic order of events that have led people to infer Tony is a jerk, but his popularity with other players has always been a huge rebuttal to that claim.

For me, there's no way the NBA allows you to assemble perfect teams. The spurs pg problem is the warriors big man problem, or the clippers bench problem. The respect for players is one of the main advantages of the spurs. We are not a big money franchise. If you don't appreciate the players now, how will you act when San Antonio goes through rebuilding?

Side argument...is the Tony Parker drama really an issue with the male sensitivity at growing older? There seems to be a consistent correlation between Parker haters personalities and their positions. Life sucks, get over it.
    What I bolded is a great point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What I bolded is a great point.

i'm fine with not having a perfect team. just don't want parker on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'm fine with not having a perfect team. just don't want parker on it.
    And we can clearly see why... still while he's in the team I hope he catches a rhythm. That doesn't make me a Tony fan TBH.

Thread Information