Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he awoke some inner racist/alt-right subconscious in the Midwestern white working class, but I do think part of the reason of his attraction was his refusal to bow to the altar of political correctness. I think a lot of people, especially your average Joe Public white guy from a small town, grew weary of the far-left's SJW culture war of the past half-decade or so, which painted everyone aside from that average small town Joe Public white guy as a "victim" of a white patriarchy. Joe Public was tired of being told to check his privilege, that he should feel guilty when a cop shoots a black man, that his religious beliefs are "anti-intellectual" and should be consigned to the dust bin of history (note: the Left didn't extend this same opinion toward the Muslim faith). He was tired of safe spaces, BLM, and being cast as the primary villain of minority struggle. So he fought back through Trump.

Social justice is indeed important. I lean pretty left on all those issues, and even I was tired of the whining. They (SJWs) turned legit activism into a cartoon, complaining about such insignificant as Tim Burton not casting black people in his movies. Trump was the blowback. I'm convinced a lot these Joe Publics voted for him just to see SJWs cry. And going by the comments section of you average online news outlet, that seems to be the case.
    I don't agree, most of the people who get offended by Shaun King tweets were voting Trump anyways. Clinton's biggest miscalculation was trying to tell people how America is already great, and the country is in good shape. It's not, and that kind of bull rings hollow in the rust belt where in the last 35 years they have watched their hometowns go from comfortable upper middle class models of the American dream to high poverty, high crime, high unemployment shadows of their former selves. Clinton had the easiest case to make, that the GOP blocks every ing thing Obama tries to do and that all the Republicans care about is keeping taxes low for the assholes who eliminated their jobs and she blew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anne Coulter saw it, and was thoroughly ridiculed and ostracized by Media.
    when Chris was still a fan of Anne Coulter, good times

Thread Information