Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two months ago the Democratic Party is on top of the world, the Republican Party looks to be in shambles, people within their party not willing to endorse Trump. You switch sides to the Democratic Party, we are strutting around with our super candidate in Hillary who is looking at possibly securing 400 EV's seemingly running away in the polls, party looked to be united fast forward to Nov 9th we lost the Presidency, Senate, all control garnered to the right. Thanks Hillary!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP THAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did

sha na na na na kneeeees Axl Rose's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Me, it was never out of reach that was a narrative

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Two months ago the Democratic Party is on top of the world, the Republican Party looks to be in shambles, people within their party not willing to endorse Trump. You switch sides to the Democratic Party, we are strutting around with our super candidate in Hillary who is looking at possibly securing 400 EV's seemingly running away in the polls, party looked to be united fast forward to Nov 9th we lost the Presidency, Senate, all control garnered to the right. Thanks Hillary!
    You obviously didn't see it it coming, or see anything at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't. I thought this was going to be a landslide the other way, tbh.

I hope secret service is up to the task.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't. I thought this was going to be a landslide the other way, tbh.

I hope secret service is up to the task.
    It's funny me and my boss were having a conversation a day's ago on how he credited Obama's secret service detail for managing to have kept him safe for his two terms. I would imagine Trump will have extra detail of some sorts.

sha na na na na kneeeees Axl Rose's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's funny me and my boss were having a conversation a day's ago on how he credited Obama's secret service detail for managing to have kept him safe for his two terms. I would imagine Trump will have extra detail of some sorts.
    It's ridiculous all he ever did was say we should enforce our borders, if anything happens to our president then his supporters should really punish the mainstream media outlets responsible for all this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see him having a chance until that 2nd investigation into her emails. After that one when the margin narrowed I was like "uh oh".

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see him having a chance until that 2nd investigation into her emails. After that one when the margin narrowed I was like "uh oh".
    Same

Lots o Trumpets held the nose and voted. Women especially.

We had to listen to an annoying voice and endure a ty personality either way. 4 years of either on the screen was set.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two months ago I was supporting Trump for speeding along the GOP realignment but thought the electoral map was impossible for him to overcome. And I predicted POTUS Hillary would plunge the Dems into a realignment crisis of their own.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the GOP would come out of this election in the strongest position they've ever had and the Democratic Party would be plunged into crisis mode overnight.

I guess the only part I sort of got right was that Hillary would be poison for the Dems

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we get to see if the GOP will it all up...they don't have a good track record of using their gains wisely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump with the rope a dope.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two months ago I was supporting Trump for speeding along the GOP realignment but thought the electoral map was impossible for him to overcome. And I predicted POTUS Hillary would plunge the Dems into a realignment crisis of their own.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the GOP would come out of this election in the strongest position they've ever had and the Democratic Party would be plunged into crisis mode overnight.

I guess the only part I sort of got right was that Hillary would be poison for the Dems
    I don't know how strong the Republicans will be. Trump could reign down retribution and the Congress might not be ready for this. Spots filled with cronies they think are idiots. Giving the NJ Fatman a slot?

And now they gotta produce. I say dems back in 4 years, further left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how strong the Republicans will be. Trump could reign down retribution and the Congress might not be ready for this. Spots filled with cronies they think are idiots. Giving the NJ Fatman a slot?

We'll see how it goes...2018 is already stacked against the Dems.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but Trump just took the blue collar wing of the Dems and gave it to the GOP. I don't see how going further left gets back that wing of the party. And if they don't go further left the SJW wing of the party is going to ya know "feel emotions". It seems like a pickle for the Dems.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we get to see if the GOP will it all up...they don't have a good track record of using their gains wisely.
    they gained in 2002 and 2004 before the 2005 hurricane season singlehandedly ed them over in 2006

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but Trump just took the blue collar wing of the Dems and gave it to the GOP. I don't see how going further left gets back that wing of the party. And if they don't go further left the SJW wing of the party is going to ya know "feel emotions". It seems like a pickle for the Dems.
    Populism is not compatible with the general GOP. Trump has a coalition, not a new party. If they don't deliver, that bloc is right back up for grabs, especially if Trump cuts corporate taxes the way he says he's going to.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump took the rust belt by a hair though. If 1 in 100 Trump voters switched over to Hillary then she would have won with 300+ electoral votes. Trump won that vote by taking non-traditional stances on trade and infrastructure building for his party. If he governs as a typical Republican he is going to have a hard time keeping that vote. While the media focused mostly on his fascist social policy he ran pretty left of his party economically. If he can't deliver on that I think it'll be hard to keep that swing state vote. I refuse to believe Trump got those votes in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin just on his racist rhetoric when Obama carried those states both times. Trump has some real leverage on his congress via the supreme court appointment. I wonder if he'll hold that out as a prize to the GOP for passing bills to allow him to live up to his infrastructure and trade promises. I guess if we see an appointment on Day 1 we'll know Trump is just going to govern from the right and that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump took the rust belt by a hair though. If 1 in 100 Trump voters switched over to Hillary then she would have won with 300+ electoral votes. Trump won that vote by taking non-traditional stances on trade and infrastructure building for his party. If he governs as a typical Republican he is going to have a hard time keeping that vote. While the media focused mostly on his fascist social policy he ran pretty left of his party economically. If he can't deliver on that I think it'll be hard to keep that swing state vote. I refuse to believe Trump got those votes in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin just on his racist rhetoric when Obama carried those states both times. Trump has some real leverage on his congress via the supreme court appointment. I wonder if he'll hold that out as a prize to the GOP for passing bills to allow him to live up to his infrastructure and trade promises. I guess if we see an appointment on Day 1 we'll know Trump is just going to govern from the right and that's it.
    Yep. His economic plan is basically a pseudo New Deal, which is why I find it puzzling why fiscal conservative Libertarians and the like are so high on him.

"We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals," Trump said. "We're going to rebuild our infrastructure — which will become, by the way, second to none. And we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it."
    I don't think he awoke some inner racist/alt-right subconscious in the Midwestern white working class, but I do think part of the reason of his attraction was his refusal to bow to the altar of political correctness. I think a lot of people, especially your average Joe Public white guy from a small town, grew weary of the far-left's SJW culture war of the past half-decade or so, which painted everyone aside from that average small town Joe Public white guy as a "victim" of a white patriarchy. Joe Public was tired of being told to check his privilege, that he should feel guilty when a cop shoots a black man, that his religious beliefs are "anti-intellectual" and should be consigned to the dust bin of history (note: the Left didn't extend this same opinion toward the Muslim faith). He was tired of safe spaces, BLM, and being cast as the primary villain of minority struggle. So he fought back through Trump.

Social justice is indeed important. I lean pretty left on all those issues, and even I was tired of the whining. They (SJWs) turned legit activism into a cartoon, complaining about such insignificant as Tim Burton not casting black people in his movies. Trump was the blowback. I'm convinced a lot these Joe Publics voted for him just to see SJWs cry. And going by the comments section of you average online news outlet, that seems to be the case.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I definitely didn't see this coming. I probably gave too much weight to what I read in social media outlets like Facebook and even SpursTalk. I agree with midnight that much of this is blowback against the SJW rising tide.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't consider it until the Comey announcement 10 days before the election.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it was closed again 2 days before the election I thought HRC would win in a very tight race

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anne Coulter saw it, and was thoroughly ridiculed and ostracized by Media.

Thread Information