Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford's soft as too, do not want.
    Yeah Horford is soft.

But he's never one to let his defense and other intangibles suffer if hes not getting his. Just trade for Millsap, imo. If he opts out..yiu get a ton of cap room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Horford is soft.

But he's never one to let his defense and other intangibles suffer if hes not getting his. Just trade for Millsap, imo. If he opts out..yiu get a ton of cap room
    Just trade for a damn PG and beg Tim to come back imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, I didn't..posters altering images is pretty common around here, you've done it yourself, too IIRC(I think it was about Apo's Kevin Love thread)..

Regardless, the initial opinion and instinct is all that matters..
    here bro, no altered image here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8476261

please, show me the post that he's quoting you in... when i click your post, page not found

or this one (two different people quoted it)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8487607
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8487627

you're disgusting, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just trade for a damn PG and beg Tim to come back imo.
    I heard minnesota is aggressively trying to ship Rubio...Dont know if good for the spurs, but hes one of the very players in the league that Ive noticed can really bother curry, irving and Westbrook defensively.

But I dont even know how Kawhi is going to get his shot when Rubio is basically going to be left wide open all game..

Maybe trade for Bledsoe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard minnesota is aggressively trying to ship Rubio...Dont know if good for the spurs, but hes one of the very players in the league that Ive noticed can really bother curry, irving and Westbrook defensively.

But I dont even know how Kawhi is going to get his shot when Rubio is basically going to be left wide open all game..

Maybe trade for Bledsoe?
    Wouldn't trade for Rubio, even for a Parker swap (unless Parker really is just done). Bledsoe would be interesting, and the Spurs could get Len back in the trade as well for LMA. As others have said, however, Holiday would probably be the optimum target and the Spurs could prolly turn it into a 3-way trade to get another big back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy into the Aldridge hate. If Kawhi was half the offensive player he is showing now in the playoffs, the spurs are likely looking at the cavs in the finals.
    Aldridge showed up when he needed too.

Kawhi iso and lack of ability to create is obviously having a big impact on the spurs adapting. Add in the lack of a true pg, and things get worse. It's way to early for jjudgement calls. The spurs have already shown flashes of brilliance on defense and offense, consistency is where they are lacking. That is a issue which can be fixed. Throw up a full game of defense, and the spurs are undefeated. Their defense has been all out of sorts and I'm sure it is being stunted even more by Kawhis higher focus on offense.

I'll be patient with them. Spurs fans are just spoiled and not used to losing. Must constantly be reminded the regular season is for figuring these issues out. Games don't matter yet. Never have for Pop.

The ability is clearly there. I don't see the reason for all the hate on either superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy into the Aldridge hate. If Kawhi was half the offensive player he is showing now in the playoffs, the spurs are likely looking at the cavs in the finals.

Kawhi iso and lack of ability to create is obviously having a big impact on the spurs adapting. Add in the lack of a true pg, and things get worse. It's way to early for jjudgement calls. The spurs have already shown flashes of brilliance on defense and offense, consistency is where they are lacking. That is a issue which can be fixed. Throw up a full game of defense, and the spurs are undefeated. Their defense has been all out of sorts and I'm sure it is being stunted even more by Kawhis higher focus on offense.

I'll be patient with them. Spurs fans are just spoiled and not used to losing. Must constantly be reminded the regular season is for figuring these issues out. Games don't matter yet. Never have for Pop.

The ability is clearly there. I don't see the reason for all the hate on either superstar.
    I was saying a lot of the same things a few weeks ago and still think once LMA plays himself into shape he'll look a good deal better, but the body language, nonchalant at ude when the team does good or bad, and the fact his game really doesn't make those around him better (which this team desperately needs) makes me wary. His soft-ass play thus far pisses me off too. Of course, Gasol is looking more and more like the terrible addition most of us called it which isn't helping matters.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Horford's soft as too, do not want.
    Meanwhile, Softridge is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddd maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.

Horford was sold as a star player in Atlanta but dude is the modern day Horace Grant which isn't necessarily an insult since Horace was the 3rd best player on a 3-peat team. Kawhi is a superstar that needs to be surrounded by excellent 2-way ROLE players like Horford & create a team similar to the 2011 Mavs. For in' sakes Klay/Draymond/Iggy were 3rd tier star players in 2015 & Kawhi is better all-around than 2015 Curry.

Let's say Pau gets traded for Jrue & Softridge gets swapped w/ Horford. Kawhi/Horford + Danny/Jrue would be as good as Curry/Draymond + Klay/Iggy. They would be lacking a Bogut but Dedmon could play the Ezeli role & Bogut's illegal screens won't be as valuable as they were on the Duds. A guy like Livingston would be the missing piece but Patty/Simmons would be serviceable backup guards & I guess Porker would be a dead-weight like Lee was on the 2015 Duds. Barnes was underutilized similar to Jefferson on the Spurs so he's irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Softridge is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddd maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.

Horford was sold as a star player in Atlanta but dude is the modern day Horace Grant which isn't necessarily an insult since Horace was the 3rd best player on a 3-peat team. Kawhi is a superstar that needs to be surrounded by excellent 2-way ROLE players like Horford & create a team similar to the 2011 Mavs. For in' sakes Klay/Draymond/Iggy were 3rd tier star players in 2015 & Kawhi is better all-around than 2015 Curry.

Let's say Pau gets traded for Jrue & Softridge gets swapped w/ Horford. Kawhi/Horford + Danny/Jrue would be as good as Curry/Draymond + Klay/Iggy. They would be lacking a Bogut but Dedmon could play the Ezeli role & Bogut's illegal screens won't be as valuable as they were on the Duds. A guy like Livingston would be the missing piece but Patty/Simmons would be serviceable backup guards & I guess Porker would be a dead-weight like Lee was on the 2015 Duds. Barnes was underutilized similar to Jefferson on the Spurs so he's irrelevant.
    as much as I give Raymond he's nowhere near as soft as Horford. You're talking about building a poor man's version of the team that beasted in the regular season but were average to mediocre in the playoffs, winning only due to injuries to the opposing team's best player(s) or chokejobs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers beat Rockets, but Spurs couldn't? Interesting
    Last edited by LkrFan; 11-10-2016 at 06:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50 y/o Duncan without knees would not have let Spurs lose 3 in a row at home...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim missed 2 UNFORGETTABLE Finals putbacks. One DET Game5, and one Mia Game6

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim missed 2 UNFORGETTABLE Finals putbacks. One DET Game5, and one Mia Game6
    I think you mean game 7. Many people will remember how he punched the floor after that miss. The mental picture is haunting..

I don't think Aldridge cares that much. I love the skills he can provide, but hate that he seems out of shape and a bit careless.

It sucks that Kawhi seemed to have an open lane for a lay up or foul in a previous possession and he chose to pull up and missed the jump shot. Then missed the lay up (he could've gotten the foul though as Harden gets tons of fouls), and then Aldridge missed the easy putback.

I wish Kawhi had a lighter offensive load too. Maybe as a 2nd scorer / clutch performer he would work better as he's more all around than pure scorer. Isn't that why Aldridge was brought?

Very annoying loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge obviously fouled on the play.
    Watch the player behind him bulldoze into his back as LMA is in the air. Most def altered shot.

LkrHater can you vid us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goofy assed lineup changes biggest contributor to loss imo.
    Also the force feeding of LMA in the 4th while the rest are supposed to stand around and watch him shoot. Pathetic strategy.
    Ditto Kwa doing so much forced 1 on 1. I get the impression that is CIA Popped ordering.

We had ball movement and rockin and rolling momentum when Johnny Simmons and the other runners were in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks that Kawhi seemed to have an open lane for a lay up or foul in a previous possession and he chose to pull up and missed the jump shot. .
    Yeah, it's the one genetic gift Kawhi lacks, a strong vertical leap off of one foot. Off two feet he is fine, but off one foot he just doesn't finish well. I was so angry when he stopped and faked and shot the jumper. He needs to penetrate deeper for himself but also to draw the defense to free up his teammates.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's the one genetic gift Kawhi lacks, a strong vertical leap off of one foot. Off two feet he is fine, but off one foot he just doesn't finish well. I was so angry when he stopped and faked and shot the jumper. He needs to penetrate deeper for himself but also to draw the defense to free up his teammates.
    Agree.

All that considered, I think he's been successful using his long arms and big hands to get in and get his shot off, and should have done that in that play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team is in trouble. Expect more of same unless personnel changes.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    as much as I give Raymond he's nowhere near as soft as Horford. You're talking about building a poor man's version of the team that beasted in the regular season but were average to mediocre in the playoffs, winning only due to injuries to the opposing team's best player(s) or chokejobs.
    Gaymond got abused by soft ass Dominos/Chewbaka in the WCF & Adams had him bent over. Horford might not have a mean streak in him similar to Bosh but he's a better scorer than Gaymond & just as good a rebounder when he's playing his natural position, PF.

The Duds struggled in the postseason b/c Klay at that time was the biggest postseason choker & Curry was getting neutralized by the likes of Conley/Delly. In the Finals, Mozgov was also sonning Gaymond before David Lee showed him how to attack the Cavs & Bogut was getting murdered on PnRs thus had to be benched in favor of Ezeli.
    If Kawhi chokes like Wardell then it probably wouldn't matter if he was playing w/ Anthony Davis.

Besides, the core wouldn't be a poor-man's version of the '14-'15 Duds if Dedmon can stay out of foul trouble & play around 25 minutes a night (he's averaging 6 fouls per 36 & putting up 12/13/3 which is similar to '14-'15 Ezeli). If PATFO can fill up the bench w/ decent vet min guys like the Clippers did this summer then that should be enough for the regular season & the rotation can be shortened in the postseason.

Let's compare the advanced stats especially the win-share per 36:
    -'15 Danny vs. '15 Klay: http://bkref.com/tiny/SPsn6
    -'15 Horford vs. '15 Gaymond: http://bkref.com/tiny/jHFE6
    -'15 Jrue vs. '15 Iggy: http://bkref.com/tiny/DAbDH
    -'16 Dedmon vs. '15 Ezeli: http://bkref.com/tiny/e9TvV
    -'16 Simmons vs. '15 Barnes: http://bkref.com/tiny/8smvI
    -'16 Patty vs. '15 Livingston: http://bkref.com/tiny/sTudV
    -'16 Kawhi vs. '15 Curry: http://bkref.com/tiny/FPNaV

Dedmon/Kawhi/Simmons have improved since last season & Jrue would probably have a career year if he's healthy.

What they are missing is a Speights & Barbosa but Bertans/Murray could develope into those type of players. All PATFO have to do is dump Porker on the Sixers then sign Bogut this summer to complete the rebuilding process. (Patty will recruit)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point it's looking like Softrige & Horford need to swap teams. Celtics are the perfect team for Softridge as they are like the Blazers except Isaiah isn't a star player like Lillard. Horford would be content taking 14 FGAs & would solve the defensive issue as far as PnR coverage.
    I've thought about this too, but I'd rather trade Aldridge for a package of young players/picks, with at least 1 of the young players being established. This team lacks young talent and needs players that time with Leonard.

Horford's clearly more of a Spur than Aldridge, but this is not a situation where they have a player(s) who need an uptick in usage, so what they'd be left with is a less talented/aggressive scorer to masquerade as a 2nd option or Parker/Gasol to attempt to reprise a role they're no longer good enough for. The chemistry might be better, but they'd be no farther along.

Leonard is a superstar that needs to be surrounded by excellent 2-way ROLE players like Horford & create a team similar to the 2011 Mavs.
    Wrong. Leonard isn't James and even he has needed an elite perimeter sidekick to win his 3 championships.

Kawhi iso and lack of ability to create is obviously having a big impact on the spurs adapting. Add in the lack of a true pg, and things get worse.

It's a played out schtick from insecure Leonard fanboys/trolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here bro, no altered image here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8476261

please, show me the post that he's quoting you in... when i click your post, page not found

or this one (two different people quoted it)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8487607
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8487627

you're disgusting, tbh
    Holy...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already made history. He's ready to collect his paycheck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team is in trouble. Expect more of same unless personnel changes.
    The boat sailed on changes that were necessary. Now the team is stuck with Tony and Manu. All other roster changes will not alter that.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Couldnt agree more but for this particular game LA's lack of effort & athleticism really stood out. This afte a 3 day break. Simply not good enough.

Thread Information