Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao looking towards the past for pats on the back... pa ingthetic! where'd you get your MBA at again?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lmao looking towards the past for pats on the back... pa ingthetic! where'd you get your MBA at again?
    MHA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you're in the health field?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its ok

the russians took care of those losses/debts

this is why trump works for russia

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so you're in the health field?
    Yep. I'm a healthcare administrator in the Navy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if six of my businesses declare bankruptcy in 18 years, will I be considered a brilliant businessman as well?
    Looks like "art of the deal" should really be the "art of tax cheating". Given his appalling lack of ethics at all levels, it shouldn't really surprise at this point. He seemed like a shyster then, albiet one more in command of his faculties.

I watched his testimony to some legislative body or other in the early 90s, and his ability to string together thoughts and complete sentences was a marked contrast to his current self.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five-alarm scandal that would be shouted over hill and dale in any Democratic administration, just another Monday in Trumplandia.

The Cabinet officer's husband is Mitch McConnell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/u...hao-china.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No explicit quid pro quo. The new conservative ethics in the time of DJT is that any behavior short of criminality is halal.

If the industry had written a $1 million check directly to the president’s campaign, both the CFSA and campaign could have faced fines or even criminal charges — and Trump couldn’t have used the money to enrich himself. But paying $1 million directly to the president’s business? That’s perfectly legal.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/t...and-cashed-in/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow connects the dots on an epic financial scandal involving Mitch McConnell and Russia

The MSNBC host recounts a bizarre scandal involving Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky

the federal government put sanctions on Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, who she pointed out “used to do a bunch of work with Paul Manafort.”

The sanctions also impacted his company Rusal, which is the second largest aluminum company in the world.

Maddow explained how Deripaska ran a “robust and very expensive campaign by lobbyists” that resulted in the Trump administration relaxing the sanctions.

A big, bipartisan majority in the House of Representatives said,

‘Actually, no, the U.S. government should not lift those sanctions. Are you kidding? Oleg Deripaska was sanctioned for a reason, for a good reason. Why is the Trump Treasury Department lifting those sanctions?'”

The host noted 70 percent of House Republicans voted to retain the sanctions.

“Then it goes over to the Senate. Senate turns out to be a different story,” she reported.

“There were a whole bunch of Republican senators who wanted to join the House in making sure those sanctions stayed on Deripaska’s company,

but the Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell made sure that measure met a swift death on his side of the capitol.

And so the Trump Administration was allowed to, in fact, lift those sanctions on Oleg Deripaska’s aluminum company earlier this year.”

Oleg Deripaska’s company announced last month that they have made a surprise decision to spend $200 million opening a new plant in Mitch McConnell’s home state of Kentucky,”

she continued.

“It will come with a bow on it. It’s a project they’ll say will bring billions of dollars and thousands of Jobs to Mitch McConnell’s state.”

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/22/rachel-maddow-connects-the-dots-on-an-epic-financial-scandal-involving-mitch-mcconnell-and-russia_partner/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow connects the dots on an epic financial scandal involving Mitch McConnell and Russia

The MSNBC host recounts a bizarre scandal involving Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky

the federal government put sanctions on Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, who she pointed out “used to do a bunch of work with Paul Manafort.”

The sanctions also impacted his company Rusal, which is the second largest aluminum company in the world.

Maddow explained how Deripaska ran a “robust and very expensive campaign by lobbyists” that resulted in the Trump administration relaxing the sanctions.

A big, bipartisan majority in the House of Representatives said,

‘Actually, no, the U.S. government should not lift those sanctions. Are you kidding? Oleg Deripaska was sanctioned for a reason, for a good reason. Why is the Trump Treasury Department lifting those sanctions?'”

The host noted 70 percent of House Republicans voted to retain the sanctions.

“Then it goes over to the Senate. Senate turns out to be a different story,” she reported.

“There were a whole bunch of Republican senators who wanted to join the House in making sure those sanctions stayed on Deripaska’s company,

but the Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell made sure that measure met a swift death on his side of the capitol.

And so the Trump Administration was allowed to, in fact, lift those sanctions on Oleg Deripaska’s aluminum company earlier this year.”

Oleg Deripaska’s company announced last month that they have made a surprise decision to spend $200 million opening a new plant in Mitch McConnell’s home state of Kentucky,”

she continued.

“It will come with a bow on it. It’s a project they’ll say will bring billions of dollars and thousands of Jobs to Mitch McConnell’s state.”

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/22/rachel-maddow-connects-the-dots-on-an-epic-financial-scandal-involving-mitch-mcconnell-and-russia_partner/

... and there it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cadre was founded in 2014 by Kushner, his brother Joshua and their friend Ryan Williams, who previously worked for Goldman Sachs. The company operates from a building in Manhattan owned by the Kushner family’s real estate corporation.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-goldman-sachs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chao and McConnell: swamp creatures.

Chao’s designation of Inman as a special intermediary for Kentucky — a privilege other states did not enjoy — gave a special advantage to projects favored by her husband, which could in turn benefit his political interests. In such situations, ethicists say, each member of a couple benefits personally from the success of the other.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-chao-1358068

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jared Kushner-owned company raked in $90 million from secret foreign sources

A real estate company partially owned by Jared Kushner has

received $90 million from anonymous foreign sources

since he started working in the White House.

Most of the money flowed into Cadre, a company Kushner still holds a reported $50 million stake in,

through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands tax haven,

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/jared-kushner-owned-company-raked-in-90-million-from-secret-foreign-sources-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=308

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-goldman-sachs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they are, frauds and cheats gonna fraud and cheat

NBC analyst accuses Trump family of ‘insider’ trading with early knowledge of Trump’s market-moving tweets

NBC’s Howard Fineman over the weekend asserted that President Donald Trump’s family is guilty of

using early knowledge of the president’s tweets to
    make money in the stock market.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/nbc-analyst-accuses-trump-family-of-insider-trading-with-early-knowledge-of-trumps-market-moving-tweets/

Of course, the SEC is so politicized, compliant, under-funded that SEC won't bother to rut out the insider dealing, which is the lifeblood of the oligarchy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chao created special path for McConnell’s favored projects

A top Transportation official helped coordinate grant applications by McConnell’s political allies.

The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao

designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky,

paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/10/mcconnell-elaine-chao-1358068

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second boutons sloppy seconds today. I scooped you twice on this page, dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No explicit quid pro quo. The new conservative ethics in the time of DJT is that any behavior short of criminality is halal.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...and-cashed-in/
    "short of"???

With the cult of personality, and some quite literally proclaiming him a messiah, I am not sure the qualifier is warranted at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Questions swirl over Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump’s relationship with billionaire landlord

A conglomerate owned by
    Chilean billionaire Andrónico Luksic purchased a $5.5 million house in Washington shortly before President Donald Trump assumed office, according to the New York Times.

The home was then rented to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, respectively the new president’s son-in-law and daughter,

raising questions about whether a potential conflict of interest arose for the new administration in regards to policy pertaining to Anto asta, the conglomerate controlled by Luksic.

“But it doesn’t look good.”

it is known that the Trump administration reversed course on a position taken by former President Barack Obama’s administration regarding the construction of a copper mine in Minnesota.

Executives with the mining company, Anto asta, discussed the project with senior administration officials, including the White House’s top energy adviser, the emails show.

Even before an interior secretary was appointed to the new administration,

the department moved to re-examine leases critical to the mine, eventually restoring those that the Obama administration had declined to renew.

And the Forest Service called off an environmental review that could have restricted mining,

it is entirely possible that the Trump administration is once again prioritizing business over the environment.

the Trump administration’s instruction to the EPA to use a new method for projecting the future health risks of air pollution,

a logical next step in the effort by Trump and

the polluting interests that dictate his environmental policies

to dismantle the environmental protections of the past half century

put in place by past both Republican and Democratic presidents.”

“Let me be blunt: Trump is choosing to kill people in order to increase the profits

of the polluting interests to which he is beholden.

I cannot think of a more craven act than this, and we’re talking about a president who is known for craven acts.

There is a reason I warned back in October 2016 that Trump is a threat to the planet.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/questions-swirl-over-jared-kushner-and-ivanka-trumps-relationship-with-billionaire-landlord/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s DC hotel billed the Secret Service $200,000 in his first year of office

On Thursday, NBC News reported that the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., billed the Secret Service $200,000 in just 2017.

Do ents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act reveal

a stunning expenditure of security money paid to the Trump property,

which was run out of the Old Post Office building and

on lease from the General Services Administration.

In one instance, the Secret Service spent $30,000 in two nights.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The roll out of new Trump-branded ventures in Indonesia revives conflict of interest concerns amid trade tensions.

Are any of y'all old enough to remember ethics concerns about the Clinton Foundation?

the visit comes amid increased trade tensions between the countries, with Indonesian officials worried about potential U.S. tariffs on the country’s products—and a renewed focus on potential conflicts of interest inherent in the development deal. The most recent issue raising concerns among ethics experts is the fact that the daughter of the Trump Organization’s billionaire business partner is being considered by Indonesia’s president for a Cabinet-level position.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/90388229...erest-concerns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the financing for the Indonesian projects comes from foreign government-owned en ies. When Trump visited South Korea last month, reporters raised questions about a $120 million contract that Trump partner MNC Land signed with a construction company partly owned by the South Korean government, with financing by KEB Bank and IBK Securities, a Korean state-owned bank. That followed reports last year that the Chinese government is extending a $500 million loan to a state-owned construction company building a theme park adjoining the Trump resort in Lido, Indonesia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah well, the grift must go on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PURE COINCIDENCE:

the close relationship between Trump and Tanoesoedibjo made headlines again earlier this summer, when it was reported that the Indonesian billionaire was behind a mysterious en y that paid $13.5 million for Trump’s villa in Beverly Hills.

Thread Information