Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lara Trump Taking On White House Duties: Report

Lara Trump, the face of her father-in-law's reelection campaign, has been

hosting high-level meetings within the White House to push a variety of domestic policy initiatives,

a clear crossing of the well-established line between campaign work and public service, ethics and government watchdogs told
    Newsweek.

The senior adviser to the president's already-active 2020 campaign has quietly conducted over half a dozen meetings with government officials including Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, Veteran Affairs Committee Chairman Phil Roe, and Rep. Ron DeSantis, in an effort to swing the administration’s support behind

a $10 million federal initiative to establish a new nationwide Veterans Affairs program,

according to two sources with direct knowledge of the meetings and accompanying legislation.

She then brought together several Cabinet appointees, lawmakers and presidential advisers for a round table discussion on the issue in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on Oct. 18.

"I can not remember something like that ever happening in my time," said David Gergen, a presidential adviser who has served in four White House administrations, including former Presidents Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton, as well as George Bush’s 1980 campaign.

"This White House is being run like a family business, and campaigning is their bread and butter."

http://www.nationalmemo.com/lara-trump-taking-white-house-duties-report/

Has hit lady also met with Russians?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-06-2017 at 03:14 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not missing anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Information overload indeed.

Tell me again how the Clinton foundation is problematic, and this isn't.

Stupid ers that voted for Trump don't care how crooked he is, or how much he picks the taxpayers pockets, as long as the magic "R" is there.
    Says the dirt digger looking at who's feeding the fish more.

You're consistently focused on the wrong things. Fits your party to a tee as they self immolate over the book of someone proven to be untrustworthy.

Donna sneaking questions to Hillary = Good Donna
    Donna saying the DNC rigged the primary = Bad Donna

RandomGuy = Prima Donna

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the dirt digger looking at who's feeding the fish more.

You're consistently focused on the wrong things. Fits your party to a tee as they self immolate over the book of someone proven to be untrustworthy.

Donna sneaking questions to Hillary = Good Donna
    Donna saying the DNC rigged the primary = Bad Donna

RandomGuy = Prima Donna
    (yawn)

DMC not caring about Trumps conflict of interest and lying about hating both parties equally, but never quite getting around to criticizing Republicans.

DMC = liar, too lazy to look at false equivalences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (yawn)

DMC not caring about Trumps conflict of interest and lying about hating both parties equally, but never quite getting around to criticizing Republicans.

DMC = liar, too lazy to look at false equivalences.
    Half the you talk about on here is gossip level . "Oh Trump fed the fish, how embarrassing" after the leader of Japan did it first. "Oh look, someone disposes of a cigarette by field stripping it, who does that?".

RandomGuy's Gossip Column

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half the you talk about on here is gossip level . "Oh Trump fed the fish, how embarrassing" after the leader of Japan did it first. "Oh look, someone disposes of a cigarette by field stripping it, who does that?".

Ouch, that is hard to look at. I have rarely seen someone be so lame since mouse quit.

I mean this well:

You really should stop. I don't care, not even a little, and it makes you look childish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That said, you seem pretty unconcerned about the festering corruption of a sitting Republican president. That says, among many other things, you don't really hate both parties equally and a liar when you say you do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Texas Republicans among top spenders in Congress at Trump properties

one Texan — U.S. Rep. Jodey Arrington — has spent more at Trump-branded properties than any national Republican official other than Trump himself.

Arrington spent $16,602 in campaign funds on a January reception at Trump’s Washington, D.C. hotel for more than 100 supporters, the most expensive campaign event held by another GOP politician at the Trump hotel,

U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Tomball, has spent $7,585 at Trump-branded properties since Election Day 2016,

U.S. Rep. Roger Williams, R-Austin, has spent $3,286.

Both McCaul and Williams spent campaign funds for events at the BLT Prime steakhouse at Trump’s D.C. hotel.

Three Texas Republicans are at or near the top of a list of politicians who have spent the most in campaign-related funds at President Donald Trump’s privately-owned properties over the last year,

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11...mp-properties/

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems reasonable.

Ish. Trumps foundation is a front company, meant to funnel money and avoid taxes. I doubt it would withstand much scrutiny from the IRS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pat Robertson and other Trump allies are lining president’s pockets with trumped-up Mar-A-Lago events

so many nonpartisan and nonprofit organizations have pulled their balls and galas from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago that conservative groups are stepping in to help.

After groups like the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen and the American Cancer Society have all changed their event location after criticism. Since all of the groups have pulled their support, right-wing groups that support Trump are moving in.

Fahrenthold explained that Trump can make as much as $275,000 each night from a single gala hosted at Mar-a-Lago.

‘There were very fine people among the white supremacists protesting in Charlottesville.’ Those caused a huge exodus of charities.

Out of the 25 charities he had booked for this upcoming season,
    he had 25 events booked, 19 cancelled. Huge clients.”

It wasn’t simply
    that Trump lost the money, he also lost the exposure to Palm Beach high society, who would flock to his club for the events.

CNN host Chris Cuomo called it “obviously political,” noting that those who have taken place are the groups who are looking for a political attachments.

Trumpettes USA, Truth About Israel Gala and the Christian Broadcasting Network have all announced galas at Mar-a-Lago.

“To fill in those empty gala days, you seeing these events that are either

Trump’s political allies like Pat Robertson, the televangelist,” Fahrenthold explained.

“He didn’t have a gala. He had a charity, but he never had a gala before.

He started one this year and purposely put it at Mar-a-Lago.” PR doing God's work with his grifter income.

“So they’re just going to pay him money through Mar-a-Lago because they support him,” Fahrenthold explained. “That’s not an event evolution of Mar-a-Lago from basically an apolitical place that sold luxury to a place now selling Trump’s political alliances.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/pat...ents-reporter/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Year’s at Mar-a-Lago to Cost More this Year

Politico:

“Ticket prices for the annual Dec. 31 bash at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in South Florida are going up to

$600 for dues-paying members and $750 for their guests,

according to members of the private Palm Beach club.

Last year’s tickets went for $525 for members and $575 for guests.”

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2017/12...ore-this-year/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Corruption at its height’: Howard Dean pummels Trump for his pay-for-access Mar-a-Lago party

former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean thinks it’s sickening that Trump is personally profiting from rich people who are paying to get access to him.

During an MSNBC segment on Sunday, Dean hammered Trump for hosting a pay-for-access party at his private resort and said it was an inherently corrupt thing to do.

“These people are putting hundreds of thousands of dollars into Donald Trump’s pockets,” Dean said of the wealthy party guests.

“What what minimal campaign finance laws we have left after Citizens United, which is a disaster anyway,

now Trump just openly opens his hand and takes the money.

That’s what you’re paying for!”

“This is a disgrace, it’s awful!” he thundered.

“I mean, this is really corruption at its height.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/corruption-at-its-height-howard-dean-pummels-trump-for-his-pay-for-access-mar-a-lago-party/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has sold millions in real estate to secret buyers

Even after taking office, President Donald Trump sold more than $35 million worth of real estate last year to secretive buyers.

Trump sold 41 luxury condo units in Las Vegas last year to people who used limited liability companies (LLCs), which allow them to hide their iden ies, a USA Today review found.

The president can withdraw profits from these sales at any time using a trust that names him as the sole beneficiary,

Before Trump signed the tax bill into law in December 2017, a last-minute tax break was added for real estate investors who use LLCs, partnerships and S-corporations to make deals.

The number of buyers using LLCs to purchase property from Trump climbed even before the tax break was announced last year.

A mere 4 percent of buyers used the secretive s companies in the two years before Trump became the Republican nominee. A year later, the number dramatically increased to nearly 70 percent,

Before his inauguration, Trump announced that he would turn over his companies to his sons, but would not divest from his properties and assets.

“While I am not mandated to do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For instance, Joshua Harris, a private equity manager at Apollo Global Management, visited Jared several times in 2017 and even talked about coming to work in the White House. The job never happened — dodged a bullet there, dude! — but still Apollo made a $184 million loan to Kushner Companies in November.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.
    Read more at https://wonkette.com/630633/jared-ku...6QbsErbVeQ2.99

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id Jared say, “Hey, you know my family business could use a few hundred million dollars, if you know what I mean,” when he met with Citigroup’s chief executive Michael Corbat last spring? MAYBE NOT. (And maybe so! Boy did ask Russia for a secret shoe phone!) But it sure was nice of Citi to kick out $325 million in financing for a property Kush’s family owned in Brooklyn right after that. Really, really, nice.

The White House referred questions to Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, who did not dispute that the meetings between Mr. Kushner and the executives took place.

Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Mr. Lowell, said in a statement that Mr. Kushner “has met with hundreds of business people.” He said that Mr. Kushner “has taken no part of any business, loans or projects with or for” Kushner Companies since joining the White House and that he has followed ethics advice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o, to recap, yesterday’s news about Jared, the Boy Wonder:

His family business received loans of $500 million from people who just happened to have visited him in the White House recently.
    New York financial authorities have asked Deutsche Bank and two smaller companies for all their do ents pertaining to Kushner Cos., and the Kushner family is whining about it.
    Despite being totally underwater on the mortgage for 666 Fifth Avenue, Kushner Cos. is suddenly confident in its ability to raise money to buy out the other shareholder. They’ll find the money somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll need to change "Kushner" to "Podesta" if you want to drum up interest on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll need to change "Kushner" to "Podesta" if you want to drum up interest on this.
    Why? Are conflicts of interest only a problem if Democrats do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Are conflicts of interest only a problem if Democrats do it?
    Apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    self-dealing, improper gifts to government employees:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-perks-776098

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Carter put his peanut farm in a trust. It nearly bankrupted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "no illegality" is a plenary defense against the total lack of ethics connoted by Trump's self-dealing:

The IG report, though, offered no conclusions about whether Trump actively pushed for the downtown location in those meetings. The inspector general concluded that determining Trump’s specific involvement was difficult, in large part because the inspector general said GSA employees were instructed not to discuss any statements Trump made at those meetings.
    https://www.heraldnet.com/nation-wor...stop-fbi-move/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "no illegality" is a plenary defense against the total lack of ethics connoted by Trump's self-dealing:

https://www.heraldnet.com/nation-wor...stop-fbi-move/
    If the blue team takes the House there still won’t be enough Congressmen to pursue all the crap Orange guy might be into.

The number of lawyers the WH will have to have... they will need a structure larger than what houses the FBI.
    Immthinking a location in Florida owned by Trump.

Thread Information