My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    ?

6-1-1 in their last eight, and if Redskins don't give up a final drive touchdown to Stafford and if Hopkins doesn't miss a chip field goal they're 8-0.

They have a lot of young talent, and Kirk has been elite lately.

Ooooo-weeeeeee

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Better than the boys, tbh, and Cousins is waaaaaaaay better than Dak.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ?

6-1-1 in their last eight, and if Redskins don't give up a final drive touchdown to Stafford and if Hopkins doesn't miss a chip field goal they're 8-0.

They have a lot of young talent, and Kirk has been elite lately.

Ooooo-weeeeeee
    Exactly. They should DEFINITELY be 8-2 right now, except for those two fluky bad luck plays in two back-to-back road games. They should be playing for the division and conference lead on Thursday. They have the best vertical offense in the NFL, an army of elite receivers who are great at creating separation and don't drop many catches. The defense is suspect, but they do have Josh Norman.

I definitely think they're a playoff team, along with the Giants and Cowboys. Eagles schedule is insane and they look like the weakest team out of the best division in football. I say the Giants finish 11-5, Redskins 10-5-1, and the NFC Beast dominates the playoff picture per (non-recent, but historical) par.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Good enough to make the playoffs this year, looks like I may have been wrong about Cousins.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good enough to make the playoffs this year, looks like I may have been wrong about Cousins.
    GB's pass d is horrible.

They're a slightly above average team, tbh..

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    GB's pass d is horrible.
    This is true, but you can only play what is on your schedule. And right now they are in a good position to make the playoffs. I'm not saying they are on par with the Boys, I guess we'll see in a few days from now. But, I can see them making the playoffs. NFC North is . Arizona apparently has fallen off. The NFC South isn't getting two most likely so, it's plausible the NFC East gets three.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is true, but you can only play what is on your schedule. And right now they are in a good position to make the playoffs. I'm not saying they are on par with the Boys, I guess we'll see in a few days from now. But, I can see them making the playoffs. NFC North is . Arizona apparently has fallen off. The NFC South isn't getting two most likely so, it's plausible the NFC East gets three.
    Washington can throw the ball, no doubt, but I am amazed how bad GB is

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Washington can throw the ball, no doubt, but I am amazed how bad GB is
    For sure, probably as amazed as I am about how bad Arizona is. I mean I thought for sure they'd be a top 3/4 team in the NFC. Man was I dead wrong.

But Washington ran all over them as well. I think Kelly had over 100 and 2 TDs if I'm not mistaken. They're done for the year, although a trap game for any prominent team at the moment.

NFL is all about fortune, tbh..have to play teams at the right time, avoid key injuries, etc..

The Panthers are probably the 3rd best team in the NFC, but a disastrous start killed them..the Saints are probably better than Washington and Minnesota, but have had many injuries and bad luck..

The Giants are nowhere near as good as their record..they had a negative PD until this week

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Really about injuries. Which makes what N.E does all the more impressive

GB's pass d is horrible.
    true

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Really about injuries. Which makes what N.E does all the more impressive
    Cowboys doing it too... best pass rusher just stopped being injured, 2nd best pass rusher has been suspended all year and next year, best middle linebacker/enforcer suspended 2 years as well, the other best linebacker injured knee out all year, best cornerback is still out and isn't returning soon, starting strong safety -- a solid player -- out with broken arm, and.. and... and.... and without their top QB the whole season so much that they feel confident a rookie can win the SB this year... and their 12 year veteran multi year all pro is the backup...

Cowboys doing it too... best pass rusher just stopped being injured, 2nd best pass rusher has been suspended all year and next year, best middle linebacker/enforcer suspended 2 years as well, the other best linebacker injured knee out all year, best cornerback is still out and isn't returning soon, starting strong safety -- a solid player -- out with broken arm, and.. and... and.... and without their top QB the whole season so much that they feel confident a rookie can win the SB this year... and their 12 year veteran multi year all pro is the backup...
    True.....true and true

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    benson mayowa

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Exactly. They should DEFINITELY be 8-2 right now, except for those two fluky bad luck plays in two back-to-back road games. They should be playing for the division and conference lead on Thursday. They have the best vertical offense in the NFL, an army of elite receivers who are great at creating separation and don't drop many catches. The defense is suspect, but they do have Josh Norman.

I definitely think they're a playoff team, along with the Giants and Cowboys. Eagles schedule is insane and they look like the weakest team out of the best division in football. I say the Giants finish 11-5, Redskins 10-5-1, and the NFC Beast dominates the playoff picture per (non-recent, but historical) par.
    Always great takes about the Skins, UNT

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Teams lose fluky games because they lose it themselves. No excuses for the Redskins either. They lost those games or didn't win because it was their own fault. The Saints lost close games to the Giants, Broncos, and Panthers literally because of a blocked FG/extra point return for a score in each of those games and I could claim they should be 7-3 or even better if you count the close losses to Oakland and the Chiefs where a pick six and a fumble inside the 5 yard line cost them that game. But those things happened and that's why the Saints are 4-6 and why the Redskins are 6-3-1.

Look on ProFootball Reference's Ratings and there's not much of a difference between the Saints and teams like the Giants, Redskins, and Vikings.

Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    Porkskins
    Special Teams
    Gruden's Onside Kick
    Kirk "Checkdown Charlie" Cousins
    Getting every call in the book and still losing

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    boys
    Blowing their load on the regular season
    Demoting their best QB to clipboard duty

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Blowing their load on the regular season
    Only re ed fans are getting ahead of themselves

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Actually, I haven't seen any fans getting ahead of themselves. I'm sure there are, but for the most part they've been surprisingly grounded.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not very good, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Let's evaluate the Redskins and their remaining schedule and playoff diagnostics...

AZ on the road is a game they should win this year... Eagles on the road is tough, if they win that game they just need 2 of the last 3 (Panthers and Bears should be easy, but Giants week 17 is very tough)... if they lose in Philly they probably need to win out after that.

Thread Information