Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have to return my free copy now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors are that it was a disgruntled developer that leaked the content. If true, that just further reinforces how ty their working environment is.

I feel like this is all a perfect storm for this game to be a massive disappointment. Troy Baker said a while back that people are going to have to keep an open mind while playing... why would he say that unless he knows how disappointed people are going to be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    June 19th release date...

Ghosts of Tsushima releases on June 17.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    lol what a hot garbage story Naughty Dog came up with. This series ended after the first game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    June 19th release date...

Ghosts of Tsushima releases on June 17.
    You mean July.

Pushed back a month because of Naughty Dog up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors are that it was a disgruntled developer that leaked the content. If true, that just further reinforces how ty their working environment is.

I feel like this is all a perfect storm for this game to be a massive disappointment. Troy Baker said a while back that people are going to have to keep an open mind while playing... why would he say that unless he knows how disappointed people are going to be?
    I pretty much said it and read all the spoilers. I decided to not buy it so I spoiled it for myself.

Without ruining it here for you guys..Baker's comments are twofold sadly.

It begins and ends pretty ty.

Also there is this quote going around that Druckmann said a few years ago that should have told us something..

Dude said the game wouldn't be fun. Umm you were right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean July.

Pushed back a month because of Naughty Dog up.
    Oh Ghosts is coming in July, you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pretty much said it and read all the spoilers. I decided to not buy it so I spoiled it for myself.

Without ruining it here for you guys..Baker's comments are twofold sadly.

It begins and ends pretty ty.

Also there is this quote going around that Druckmann said a few years ago that should have told us something..

Dude said the game wouldn't be fun. Umm you were right.
    Obviously the content that was leaked was hand picked to create as much controversy and do as much damage as possible. But for a game as big as ND claims it to be, I hope that there's something there between the lines to salvage the story.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the content that was leaked was hand picked to create as much controversy and do as mich damage as possible. But for a game as big as ND claims it to be, I hope that there's something there between the lines to salvage the story.
    I'd agree with you if it was just text. But there are videos to go along with it that is ing brutal and irrefutable proof the leaks are 100% legit.

There was little hand picking as 90% of the game got leaked. lol

It's amazing this random employee managed to get basically all of it. Must have been pretty high up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd agree with you if it was just text. But there are videos to go along with it that is ing brutal and irrefutable proof the leaks are 100% legit.

It's amazing this random employee managed to get basically all of it. Must have been pretty high up.
    Well maybe I don't know all of the leaks then. I did watch a couple of the cutscenes.

As for the employee, he reportedly was in some kind of payment dispute with ND. There were already numerous reports about their ty culture, how badly they treated their developers, people quitting left and right, etc. They're going to have to do some serious damage control and restructuring after this to stay relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They're probably in the QA stages, and with this virus , if I had to bet where it came from, I would point right there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're probably in the QA stages, and with this virus , if I had to bet where it came from, I would point right there.
    I hope they're nearing the end of their QA this close to launch tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they're nearing the end of their QA this close to launch tbh.
    I've no idea where they're at, tbh... I'm just thinking that's probably the weakest link considering the timing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, disgruntled employee doesn't ring a bell, because they would need a devkit to run the build, and that's normally taken away from them if you're let go.

Doesn't mean it couldn't happen (kept a build and found somebody with a kit), but sounds kinda iffy, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, disgruntled employee doesn't ring a bell, because they would need a devkit to run the build, and that's normally taken away from them if you're let go.

Doesn't mean it couldn't happen (kept a build and found somebody with a kit), but sounds kinda iffy, IMO.
    The videos/screenshots have February and March timestamps... if that makes a difference.

I caved and read the leaks. It's odd. It doesn't "feel" like a TLOU story. It's almost as if they wrote it for two other characters and decided at the last minute to make them Joel and Ellie, but I know that isn't what they did. I'm really hoping that there is enough missing context and small details that flesh it out into something worthy of the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus ing Christ I read the plot leaks and saw the clips. I'm so disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow it's really that ty? The gameplay looked amazing when they were showing it realtime at E3 2018. That would be quite the shock to see Naughty Dog put out a garbage game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have to return my free copy now...
    Can I get one of those codes for a PS5 devkit bro? Might have a line on a tarjeta verde in exchange para ser honesto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After thinking about it a bit... I think I understand what Naughty Dog is going for. If it isn't executed properly though, it's going to be divisive as (which can already be seen by the people who have been spoiled). And that's why Troy Baker said what he said. The leaks cover the entire story in broad strokes, but with enough nuance and small details, it could potentially be really good and thought provoking.

I mean, if you gave a brief outline of the major plot points in the first game to somebody who didn't know anything about it, they probably wouldn't be too impressed either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After thinking about it a bit... I think I understand what Naughty Dog is going for. If it isn't executed properly though, it's going to be divisive as (which can already be seen by the people who have been spoiled). And that's why Troy Baker said what he said. The leaks cover the entire story in broad strokes, but with enough nuance and small details, it could potentially be really good and thought provoking.

I mean, if you gave a brief outline of the major plot points in the first game to somebody who didn't know anything about it, they probably wouldn't be too impressed either.
    Druckmann is a hill.

After reading that he's responsible for getting rid of Amy Hennig, I'm even more disgusted at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Druckmann is a hill.

After reading that he's responsible for getting rid of Amy Hennig, I'm even more disgusted at him.
    Other than making good games, I don't have a great deal of respect for them as a company, especially after everything that's been made public in the last few months.

But I'll still play their games if the look good to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than making good games, I don't have a great deal of respect for them as a company, especially after everything that's been made public in the last few months.

But I'll still play their games if the look good to me.
    They're all like that when it comes to the crazy hours though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're all like that when it comes to the crazy hours though.
    More often than not, yes. A lot of bad press was out there for Rockstar and CD Projekt Red, but Naughty Dog's level of crunch is legendary apparently. When Jonathan Cooper quit, he tweeted and bunch of about developers being hospitalized from exhaustion, ND threatening to withhold his last paycheck if he discussed their level of OT with anyone, and their inability to hire experienced developers due to their reputation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a way to ruin a great franchise. midnightpulp called me a bleeding liberal but even I think they went overboard with this trans nonsense.

There's a part of the leak that makes you think Neil Druckman wanted to have a threesome with two lesbian girls and this was a way for him to appeal to them.

Just atrocious.

I don't doubt the writing, delivery would still be very high quality.

But Last of us was a geuine story and no one cared if ellie was a lesbian.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    What a way to ruin a great franchise. midnightpulp called me a bleeding liberal but even I think they went overboard with this trans nonsense.

There's a part of the leak that makes you think Neil Druckman wanted to have a threesome with two lesbian girls and this was a way for him to appeal to them.

Just atrocious.

I don't doubt the writing, delivery would still be very high quality.

But Last of us was a geuine story and no one cared if ellie was a lesbian.
    Didn't they make her gay in the DLC? Anyway, the whole f.aggotry wasn't pushed in the first game, because it took place in a zombie apocalypse. Cuckmann just had to insert his gay ass wokeness into the sequel.

Thread Information