Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i honestly can't imagine how this will play out.

i think people will like the game tbh... but i guess maybe they've permantly alienated... 15% to 20% of their fanbase?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what other game has had you kill / fight the main characters before?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i think people will like the game tbh... but i guess maybe they've permantly alienated... 15% to 20% of their fanbase?
    No way. More like the majority will hate it.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

If the leaks are totally accurate then it’s more like 85-90% of the fanbase.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If the leaks are totally accurate then it’s more like 85-90% of the fanbase.
    i could be totally wrong but i'm guessing only 15% to 20% canceled their preorder.

while everyone might hate the plot, the mechanics might still be really good.

we'll see how it goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus... look at the like/dislike ratio on Neil Druckmann's video from yesterday. And the comments are turned off.

https://youtu.be/FC-eYFDLTD0

I know it's probably just the vocal minority on social media, but it seems like the internet is turning against Naughty Dog. Sony has been having Youtube issue copyright strikes to channels discussing the leaks, even if they haven't displayed any images or videos. People are getting pissed off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus... look at the like/dislike ratio on Neil Druckmann's video from yesterday. And the comments are turned off.

I know it's probably just the vocal minority on social media, but it seems like the internet is turning against Naughty Dog. Sony has been having Youtube issue copyright strikes to channels discussing the leaks, even if they haven't displayed any images or videos. People are getting pissed off.
    He comes off very fake with his emotions. This guy has proven to be a terrible writer.

Bring back Hennig!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He comes off very fake with his emotions. This guy has proven to be a terrible writer.

Bring back Hennig!
    Bruce Straley deserves a lot of credit for ND's success. He directed UC2, TLOU, and UC4... arguably their three best games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

theres no legitimate reason to dislike the video, he didnt say anything remotely controversial. the dislike thing is probably an organized act by frustrated "anti-swjs"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres no legitimate reason to dislike the video, he didnt say anything remotely controversial. the dislike thing is probably an organized act by frustrated "anti-swjs"
    A lot of gamers are also pissed about the way they supposedly treat employees too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of gamers are also pissed about the way they supposedly treat employees too.
    Not supposedly.

Check out this article

https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-cr...per-1842289962

and this tweet thread by an ex employee

And on top of this abuse ND along with Sony is striking down every youtube channels that talked about the leaks. Just talked. No images, spoilers or anything and they still went after them.

Seems like a vicious environment over there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont doubt that. rockstar caught a lot of flack for the same thing around RDR2 release

but i dont think that is the driving force behind the dislikes. could be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont doubt that. rockstar caught a lot of flack for the same thing around RDR2 release

but i dont think that is the driving force behind the dislikes. could be wrong.
    Oh no but I do think it's a significant part of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy above in the tweet said any other studio would have had this game completed and out over a year ago. The turnover for ND apparently rivals that of the Trump admin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New trailer.

Comments and like/dislikes are disabled on any official posting.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i can understand why everyone is butthurt about some of the narrative choices, not that i really care because i think it's hard to have context without playing the ing game first. but what i dont get is why i keep seeing incels crying about how this is a "woke" game or tranny friendly or whatever. there has literally been nothing to indicate there is a trans character, seems like something incels are running for no reason tbh. and ellie was already gay in the first game, so why is that a surprise is it because ND purposely tried to make the characters look less femme? i mean they're in a ing brutal post apocalypse world, why do all the female characters have to be thin and hawt?

personally i dont care who gets killed by who or who doesnt. ND games have a style an atmosphere that are hard to replicate, and the mechanics will still be fun as well. so me personally i dont give two s what a bunch of incels online think, ima be getting this on day one tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New trailer.

Comments and like/dislikes are disabled on any official posting.
    Putting spoilers in their own trailer?

I wont specify the one part but you know which part I'm talking about.

Granted people who haven't seen the leaks won't know any better but having watched the trailer with the leaks in mind, you can dissect the trailer pretty easily.

I'm definitely going to watch a playthrough of this but I just won't part with my monies on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm definitely going to watch a playthrough of this but I just won't part with my monies on this one.
    Get Yakuza 0 man, that one is badass and it's $10.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...KUZA0AMERICA00

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, I've been thinking long and hard about getting into this series but you yourself said I need to play basically every game to understand the back story and whatnot. I've considered buying the entire series but it's a of a commmitment.

I'm still mulling it over. I'm very intrigued by it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, I've been thinking long and hard about getting into this series but you yourself said I need to play basically every game to understand the back story and whatnot. I've considered buying the entire series but it's a of a commmitment.

I'm still mulling it over. I'm very intrigued by it.
    Meh it's $10. If you like it buy the sequel Yakuza Kiwami for $5 or $10 when it goes on sale. And just keep picking the games off cheap as you go on if you enjoy them. No reason to commit to buying the entire series at once when it'll probably take you years to get through all 7 mainline games and they never do anything but go down in price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting spoilers in their own trailer?

I wont specify the one part but you know which part I'm talking about.

Granted people who haven't seen the leaks won't know any better but having watched the trailer with the leaks in mind, you can dissect the trailer pretty easily.

what are you complaining about now?

"people who havent seen the leaks won't know any better"

cool, so nothing spoiled for them

"having watched the trailer with leaks in mind, you can dissect the trailer pretty easily"

cool, so people who already know the plot points now see the plot points.

so nothing changes for anybody . people who know the leaks still know them, and people who dont still dont

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can understand why everyone is butthurt about some of the narrative choices, not that i really care because i think it's hard to have context without playing the ing game first. but what i dont get is why i keep seeing incels crying about how this is a "woke" game or tranny friendly or whatever. there has literally been nothing to indicate there is a trans character, seems like something incels are running for no reason tbh. and ellie was already gay in the first game, so why is that a surprise is it because ND purposely tried to make the characters look less femme? i mean they're in a ing brutal post apocalypse world, why do all the female characters have to be thin and hawt?

personally i dont care who gets killed by who or who doesnt. ND games have a style an atmosphere that are hard to replicate, and the mechanics will still be fun as well. so me personally i dont give two s what a bunch of incels online think, ima be getting this on day one tbh
    my thoughts exactly. still looking forward to the game quite a bit. might be the only time this gen that i'ma pay sticker price for a game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are you complaining about now?

"people who havent seen the leaks won't know any better"

cool, so nothing spoiled for them

"having watched the trailer with leaks in mind, you can dissect the trailer pretty easily"

cool, so people who already know the plot points now see the plot points.

so nothing changes for anybody . people who know the leaks still know them, and people who dont still dont
    Umm I'm not complaining there at all. Odd flex, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony has a State of Play coming Wednesday at 3PM CST for TLOU Part II.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why 'The Last of Us 2' has been banned in the Middle-East

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/...he-middle-east

Thread Information