Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I once played a bit of the first one but couldn't get into it at all tbh
    Bend over, I'll get into it all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I myself quit the game and then forced myself to pick it up and play it much, much later. Crafting weapons is boring and time consuming. Game is very slow pace at first as well.

The only reward is the story which I found pretty damn good throughout.
    really? the crafting system in TLOU was incredibly simple. there are a total of what, 5 materials you can collect? scissors, alcohol, rag, sugar, explosive, tape?

crafting is much more of a hassle in RPGs

i enjoyed the gameplay of TLOU because the survival aspect always kept you on your toes. materials/heals in short supply, ammo always in short supply, knowing you cant afford to be spotted because you dont have the ammo to kill everything. felt somewhat like RE2 in that way, but much better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? the crafting system in TLOU was incredibly simple. there are a total of what, 5 materials you can collect? scissors, alcohol, rag, sugar, explosive, tape?

crafting is much more of a hassle in RPGs

i enjoyed the gameplay of TLOU because the survival aspect always kept you on your toes. materials/heals in short supply, ammo always in short supply, knowing you cant afford to be spotted because you dont have the ammo to kill everything. felt somewhat like RE2 in that way, but much better
    I think that played a part in my quitting the first time.

You have to balance your weapons. Specially the very useful shiv. You can either save some for clickers or doors. I tended to overuse them and expose myself.

The hotel section was a total nightmare for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that played a part in my quitting the first time.

You have to balance your weapons. Specially the very useful shiv. You can either save some for clickers or doors. I tended to overuse them and expose myself.

The hotel section was a total nightmare for me.
    yeah thats kind of the point of the game

its a zombie apocalypse survival game. you arent meant to just rampage through everything with superpowers and unlimited supplies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reviewers are saying that the ammo/supplies are even shorter in supply on part 2, forcing you to use all tools at your disposal. Though supposedly there's a lot more to the difficulty settings than simply easy to grounded. You can individually adjust the number of supply drops, enemy health, your own health, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah thats kind of the point of the game

its a zombie apocalypse survival game. you arent meant to just rampage through everything with superpowers and unlimited supplies
    It's weird because I love stealth games. Dishonored had dropped months earlier and I had just played it and beaten it all stealth.

But like you said, one game has magical powers and the other one doesn't. Same approach different ways to tackle it.

Also TLOU's enemy AI is way more adept.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though supposedly there's a lot more to the difficulty settings than simply easy to grounded. You can individually adjust the number of supply drops, enemy health, your own health, etc.
    Sort of like this?

Its a shame more games dont go this route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sort of like this?

Its a shame more games dont go this route.
    or the FromSoft route

no difficulty settings at all. no debates over "how the game is meant to be played"

Thread Information