My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let poker do his thing and take advantage of hero tendency...

But apa, he took those shots cause the defense gave it to him..Just like Barnes took those shots in 2013 against the spurs because poop gave it to him.

Teams are legit creating defensive schemes using Parkers tendency to hero. Its been the best way to stagnate the offense and kills its efficiency...

Doesnt look like and issue now though, but Last night watching Tony get those open looks..damn. They wanted to give it to him. Soon more teams are going to apply a similar principal to Manu.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ing jibberish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this in another thread, but since you're talking about opponents' game plans (I think), I'll put it here too.

The Spurs committed 18 fouls, and the Bulls committed 13. That's not a huge disparity. BUT... the Spurs only got to take 5 FT's, while the Bulls took 27. That's not on the refs, and it's not an accident. The Bulls plan was to play physical as , and keep the Spurs' offense out of rhythm. They weren't hacking scorers as they went to the rim, they were harassing the out of the Spurs' ball handlers and keeping them from going to the rim.

The Spurs only had 12 turnovers last night - officially. But the ball was loose all evening. The Spurs managed to recover some of them, but by the time they got the ball back, there was almost no shot clock left and they put up shots.

All of that says one of two things: either Pop got out-coached, or he doesn't have the personnel to counter what the Bulls were doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except when you consider the fouls they didn't call on the bulls. One or two more calls and we win because it seemed like everyone of those no calls turned into points for Chicago. On the other hand if we just hit the missed layups we win too.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The Bulls plan was to play physical as , and keep the Spurs' offense out of rhythm. They weren't hacking scorers as they went to the rim, they were harassing the out of the Spurs' ball handlers and keeping them from going to the rim.
    Softridge was playing like a taking 15 ft jumpers when in' Mirotic was on him, he refused to post up even when he was throwing up bricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Packing tactics have always given the Spurs fits, since we've historically been, in the Duncan (and now Kawhi) era an inside-out team, either through posting or Parker/Manu drive-and-kick penetration. It's why the Spurs were basically unbeatable when Parker was nailing that 18 footer with consistency and when Manu was knocking down threes.

I don't know how to counter it other than make your in' open jumpers, which our guards can't seem to do. This is why the Spurs are settling for so many garbage midrange jumpers. When your guards can't shoot, posting up becomes almost impossible to execute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Packing tactics have always given the Spurs fits, since we've historically been, in the Duncan (and now Kawhi) era an inside-out team, either through posting or Parker/Manu drive-and-kick penetration. It's why the Spurs were basically unbeatable when Parker was nailing that 18 footer with consistency and when Manu was knocking down threes.

I don't know how to counter it other than make your in' open jumpers, which our guards can't seem to do. This is why the Spurs are settling for so many garbage midrange jumpers. When your guards can't shoot, posting up becomes almost impossible to execute.
    Not sure if I get your point. Its an inside or out team but surely you're getting the idea. The "outside" team if its not Kawhi is a negative so teams are actually more than happy to let Porker run the show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure if I get your point. Its an inside or out team but surely you're getting the idea. The "outside" team if its not Kawhi is a negative so teams are actually more than happy to let Porker run the show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See the '04 series against the Lakers. Duncan and Parker were killing the Lakers with post-up and penetration. Then the Lakers started packing, which put the onus on outside shooters to knock down their open shots they were getting as a result of Phil's pseudo-zone defense. Hedo, Bruce, Horry couldn't hit the broadside, and the inside never opened up again.

Same tactic is being used now. Teams will give Parker that shot all day and just swarm Kawhi and our bigs. And Dleague, Manu, nor Simmons offer any real protection because they don't punish teams for overplaying Kawhi and the bigs. Patty is the only player capable of that right now, but it's still not enough.

Point is there's no effective counterattack to the tactic right now, so blaming "Porker" for "heroballing" doesn't really make much sense when the rest of the guard rotation is just as ineffective when they get shots. What do you want Parker to do when Kawhi/bigs are getting swarmed and fronted? You can't just have him forcefeed Kawhi every possession down and expect efficiency.

The quick fix is to probably start Patty, as he's the only guard who can punish packing tactics. Problem is, teams target him on defense and typically roast him, so there is a downside, but I'm in favor this season of gambling on Patty as a starter.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Point is there's no effective counterattack to the tactic right now, so blaming "Porker" for "heroballing" doesn't really make much sense when the rest of the guard rotation is just as ineffective when they get shots. What do you want Parker to do when Kawhi/bigs are getting swarmed and fronted? You can't just have him forcefeed Kawhi every possession down and expect efficiency.

The quick fix is to probably start Patty, as he's the only guard who can punish packing tactics. Problem is, teams target him on defense and typically roast him, so there is a downside, but I'm in favor this season of gambling on Patty as a starter.
    The issue is basically that the only team that has a worse starting backcourt, at least offensively, are the Sixers.

Putting Patty in the starting line-up is just a band-aid move since Porker/Manu would be the most TOSB backcourt in league history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See the '04 series against the Lakers. Duncan and Parker were killing the Lakers with post-up and penetration. Then the Lakers started packing, which put the onus on outside shooters to knock down their open shots they were getting as a result of Phil's pseudo-zone defense. Hedo, Bruce, Horry couldn't hit the broadside, and the inside never opened up again.

If players were clutch or if there was a clutch gene like a lot of people here believe in, that would have never happened.

Thread Information