Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Basically surpassing the Ps2 ina similar timeframe. Ridiculous. Confirmed by Sonym

box one is aparently stuck at 20 something million but its only estimates because box refuses to give numbers...realisticly, they probably barely hit 20...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still being outsold by Xbox One

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    still being outsold by Xbox One
    OP statement seems contrary to your point tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Basically surpassing the Ps2 ina similar timeframe. Ridiculous. Confirmed by Sonym

box one is aparently stuck at 20 something million but its only estimates because box refuses to give numbers...realisticly, they probably barely hit 20...
    Ps4's test is now. Though I don't know if you can compare since they re-released a new version of it that's different hardware wise.

Great numbers, but I see the sales leveling off, meanwhile the Ps2 really never leveled until the very end of the line, that's what was so impressive about the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ps4's test is now. Though I don't know if you can compare since they re-released a new version of it that's different hardware wise.

Great numbers, but I see the sales leveling off, meanwhile the Ps2 really never leveled until the very end of the line, that's what was so impressive about the system.
    They could have hit the homerun with a 100 dollar price cut for the older ps4 for North American Markets...would have been graveyard for Xbox whose only reliable market is America. While Internationally, most people would buy the ps4 even if it was higher in prices than the American console.

Yeah it would probably level off..but its no question the PS4 is significantly more successful than the ps3 and really fixed the show that is Ps3.

I suspect the Pro would do awful though.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have hit the homerun with a 100 dollar price cut for the older ps4 for North American Markets...would have been graveyard for Xbox whose only reliable market is America. While Internationally, most people would buy the ps4 even if it was higher in prices than the American console.

Yeah it would probably level off..but its no question the PS4 is significantly more successful than the ps3 and really fixed the show that is Ps3.

The Slim is dropping to $250 on Sunday through Christmas eve. It also got a $100 price cut back in September from the $399 MSRP.

I think the Pro is a stupid product. I don't see the point in matching such a strong gpu with the crap cpu in the PS4. When you factor in the bundled copy of Uncharted 4 the Slim is going to be less than half the price of the Pro leading up to Christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Slim is dropping to $250 on Sunday through Christmas eve. It also got a $100 price cut back in September from the $399 MSRP.

I think the Pro is a stupid product. I don't see the point in matching such a strong gpu with the crap cpu in the PS4. When you factor in the bundled copy of Uncharted 4 the Slim is going to be less than half the price of the Pro leading up to Christmas.
    250?

Just for the holidays or long term? Xbox would die if that price range holds true for at least 6 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, the Ps3 had the unenviable task of being part of the optical drive war that Sony waged with most of the industry -- and won, probably in no small part due to the Ps3, which at time of launch was the cheapest blu-ray player on the market.

Definitely a bounce-back though. Ps2 probably hurt Ps3's overall sales as well, as the latter was too expensive to justify an upgrade when the former was so revered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    250?

Just for the holidays or long term? Xbox would die if that price range holds true for at least 6 months.
    The price is through Christmas Eve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP statement seems contrary to your point tbh
    The fine print on my OP specifies on a per month basis over the last 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll likely get a boost when some of the exclusives (especially Last of Us 2) release in the next couple years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fine print on my OP specifies on a per month basis over the last 4
    That is true.

The LOLbox has been outselling the PS4 for like 5 months straight now. But there are a lot of reasons why.

The main one being that Sony made a re ed decision to have two versions of the same consoles come out like 2 months apart.

They had a slim version and then the Pro at 400. People are just not going to buy a less powerfull version of the same console for 100 dollars less.

Meanwhile, Microsoft released a more powerful version of their ty original box for less money while also being on par with the regular PS4.

I think you will see the PS4 go back to regularly beating them now that both Pro and S are out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is true.

The LOLbox has been outselling the PS4 for like 5 months straight now. But there are a lot of reasons why.

The main one being that Sony made a re ed decision to have two versions of the same consoles come out like 2 months apart.

They had a slim version and then the Pro at 400. People are just not going to buy a less powerfull version of the same console for 100 dollars less.

Meanwhile, Microsoft released a more powerful version of their ty original box for less money while also being on par with the regular PS4.

I think you will see the PS4 go back to regularly beating them now that both Pro and S are out.
    There is a huge difference in price for the Slim vs the Pro if you want Uncharted 4, and what's the point of getting a PS4 if you don't get its two signature games? (TLOU being the other) Slim + Uncharted 4 is $250 starting Sunday, while Pro + Uncharted 4 is $460. Why pay 84% more if you're running a 1080p TV?

You're not going to take a 30 fps PS4 game and play it at 60 fps on PS4 Pro since the CPU is an enormous bottleneck to the PS4 Pro (the pro has a 30% cpu overclock vs PS4/PS4 Slim). So all you're getting out of PS4 Pro is higher resolution unless the game is so badly optimized that it can't hit 30 fps on the base PS4. If you're running a 4k TV it's probably worth it, but if not it isn't. I have a GPU for my PC that can handle 1440p and 4k supersampling and frankly it's not that impressive supersampling on my 1080p monitor. There are a couple of things that get improved when I render the games at native 4k (temporal aliasing for example), but on 1440p or 1600p they're still there and not many modern games can be run at native 4k by that class of GPU (the GTX 970 I have in my PC or the somewhat weaker RX 470 equivalent in the PS4 Pro).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have the Ps3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now the PS4 Pro would be a no brainer at say $500 if it came with one of the AMD Zen CPUs launching next month, because then 1080p at 60 fps would be very doable for almost every game released. I wonder if XBox Scorpio will use a Zen CPU. Because it's supposedly using a Vega GPU, which would make it even more ridiculously bottlenecked than the PS4 Pro since Vega will probably be 30-40% faster than the Polaris GPUs in the PS4 Pro.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    cnsle plebs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was reading an article by a group who showed the PS4 cost Sony about $381 at launch from manufacture to delivery to store shelves, and they had the cpu+gpu costing $100. The gpu side is supposed to be basically the AMD HD 7850, which was a $110 graphics card at the time of the PS4 launch (Nov 2013). So that should give an indication of how ty the cpu is in the base PS4. Another indication would be that it's a ing x86 processor at 1.6 GHz, when AMD's lowest end reasonable gaming cpu for the PC (the Ahtlon X4 860k) is the same architecture but runs at 3.7 GHz. And that 3.7 GHz Athlon gets murdered by 3.0 GHz Intel i5 which are also quadcore x86 cpus.

It's disappointing Sony kept that same garbage Jaguar CPU in their Pro model, just with an overclock to 2.1 GHz. It doesn't make sense to put say a $50 cpu with a $150 gpu except as a way to increase resolution, since the cpu performance is resolution independent but the gpu performance is highly sensitive to resolution. PS4 Pro just looks like a sucker's buy for 1080p gaming. The RX 470 is an excellent gpu and it's such a waste for Sony to pair that with such a dog cpu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post of the thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    250?

Damn newegg just put the PS4 Slim for $230 with Uncharted 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might get that.

My original PS4 is still beeping/ejecting discs all the time. The "fixes" that are out there are all bull . They dont work nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually no, I thought you meant the pro, which I'll likely get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually no, I thought you meant the pro, which I'll likely get.
    LOL fat chance getting the Pro for $230 with a game. Any must have exclusives besides The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, Bloodborne, God of War 3, and Journey? I have all of these now except Journey, which I'll buy when my Slim I ordered a few days ago comes in. Are the Infamous games must haves? I'll probably wait for Final Fantasy XV to either come to PC or get cheap since that's a long list of games to go through already. The Last Guardian doesn't look too interesting tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL fat chance getting the Pro for $230 with a game. Any must have exclusives besides The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, Bloodborne, God of War 3, and Journey? I have all of these now except Journey, which I'll buy when my Slim I ordered a few days ago comes in. Are the Infamous games must haves? I'll probably wait for Final Fantasy XV to either come to PC or get cheap since that's a long list of games to go through already. The Last Guardian doesn't look too interesting tbh.
    Journey was for free a month ago on PS Plus.

If you havent played any of the dark souls game, do not try to attempt to get everything in your first playthrough. Game is really long...Bloodborne that is. Dont bother with the Last Guardian..its antiquated.

Get Resogun..its 2D, but its probably the best aracde game of all time.

I would also say, Get the remake of Ratchet and Clank for PS4. I've played all ps4 exclusives and Id say its top 5...if you're into those adventure/action..you can leave it.
    Last edited by apalisoc_9; 12-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Journey was for free a month ago on PS Plus.
    Meh I'd rather pay the $15 to own it forever vs just having it as long as I have PS Plus though. I don't GAF about online gaming so I'm going to skip PS Plus.

Thread Information