Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Not gonna put Maradona in this conversation because the 80's were not that long ago but Pele to me is like the Bill Russell of football. Accomplished quite a lot but i gotta question the level of compe ion back when he played in the 50's/60's. The game just feels ancient and quite different whenever i see his highlights. He also spent most of his career playing in Brazil.

Replace Neymar with Pele in today's brazilian NT and is he a game changer? Discuss.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I would

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    I'd take Ronaldo over him. Definitely no on the midget though

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    I'd take Ronaldo over him. Definitely no on the midget though
    Midget wouldn't last a half against West Germany.

My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Midget wouldn't last a half against West Germany.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol pele the most overrated kent, if he had no wc trophies, would anyone even talk about him?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol pele the most overrated kent, if he had no wc trophies, would anyone even talk about him?
    Messi has no WC trophy yet people talk about him

Veteran
    Post Count
    And penaldo has won a wc?

Yknow I dog Pele a lot, IMO he only really won one wc, and no way he scores as many goals ad he did in a more modern era/ outside of brasil, that said, he was way better than penaldo. Penaldo never got hit as hard/often as Pele did, and Pele didn't need hundreds of penalties nor did he trip over himself once a game.

As for messi, they are similar in that they played on mostly stacked teams, but Messi never had the physical advantage Pele did, you could make a good argument for either

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Yknow I dog Pele a lot, IMO he only really won one wc, and no way he scores as many goals ad he did in a more modern era/ outside of brasil, that said, he was way better than penaldo. Penaldo never got hit as hard/often as Pele did, and Pele didn't need hundreds of penalties nor did he trip over himself once a game.

As for messi, they are similar in that they played on mostly stacked teams, but Messi never had the physical advantage Pele did, you could make a good argument for either
    CR hasn't won a WC and never will, but people like to compare Misty with the GOAT WC winners; sorry, but ............

An ROnaldo won the Euro, while Misty had the chance to win CA TWICE

TWICE

So

Yeah

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

pele is ranked properly tbh, his football intelligence, in game adaptability and positioning were very underrated, with modern training/eating/coaching he'd do great. Sure, if you'd stick him in the middle of it, without a lifetime of training/eating/coaching he'd suck, but that's valid for anything from 70 years ago.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    what kind of question is that ? does not make any sense

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Its like saying who would you take to run a 100 m today, carl lewis or Viquaut ? dumb

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    what kind of question is that ? does not make any sense

Veteran
    Post Count
    CR hasn't won a WC and never will, but people like to compare Misty with the GOAT WC winners; sorry, but ............

An ROnaldo won the Euro, while Misty had the chance to win CA TWICE

TWICE

So

Yeah

Portugal lost the final ronaldo played (at home, to Greece) and won the one he didn't.

Messi > penaldo I don't waste time arguing obvious things lefty, I know you're a Madrid fan but can you honestly root for a child who is constantly crying and throwing tantrums on the field?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    So much salt tbh

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    lefty knows Messi >>> Penaldo

No manager in the world would take Penaldo over Messi.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

Every former Argentina manager coach killed by midget would probably take Ronaldo imho.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

So no manager would take an Alpha over an HGH abusing midget who can't win without Xaviniesta and Neymarez, who can't win despite having better NT teammates than CR?

Is this some kind of alternate beta dimension?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    So no manager would take an Alpha over an HGH abusing midget who can't win without Xaviniesta and Neymarez, who can't win despite having better NT teammates than CR?

Penaldo's teammates win a euro without him

Messi's teammates can't even beat Bolivia.

Ronaldo's NT teammates >>>>>>> Messi's.

The argentina NT as a whole is a joke. I could understand if without Messi they played well but that's not the case. Without Penaldo, Portugal looked better than they had all tourney.

So yeah, no manager in the world would take Penaldo over Messi.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

I'd take Messi for every game until the final tbh. There I would play Benchlando and sub him 8 minutes later.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Penaldo's teammates win a euro without him

Messi's teammates can't even beat Bolivia.

Ronaldo's NT teammates >>>>>>> Messi's.

The argentina NT as a whole is a joke. I could understand if without Messi they played well but that's not the case. Without Penaldo, Portugal looked better than they had all tourney.

So yeah, no manager in the world would take Penaldo over Messi.
    Midget's teammates rang at the WC and Euro with Barca's team minus midget

Argentina would most likely rang too if they removed the cancer from the team.

My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Every former Argentina manager coach killed by midget would probably take Ronaldo imho.

cant believe I actually saw a Missi fan say "Eder and Pepe >>>> Aguero, ADM, Higuain, Mascherano, Tevez, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Dybala, Higuain, Lavezzi, Pastore, etc, etc"

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

cant believe I actually saw a Missi fan say "Eder and Pepe >>>> Aguero, ADM, Higuain, Mascherano, Tevez, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Dybala, Higuain, Lavezzi, Pastore, etc, etc"

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count

We're talking about the same fan base who has claimed Rooney >>> Eto'O & Benzema >>> Ibrahimovic

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

We're talking about the same fan base who has claimed Rooney >>> Eto'O & Benzema >>> Ibrahimovic

Thread Information