Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newegg has the PS4 Pro for $400 with a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. That's a great game if you're into 3rd person shooters (it's easily my favorite game of 2016) and graphically it's pretty amazing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868110214

That's probably the best deal I have seen on a PS4 Pro since it released.
    I hate Tomb Raider games.

The early PS1 Tomb Raiders game scarred me for life.

Jesus me.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the PS4 look better on regular HD TVs or is this t just a 4K tv upgrade"?

The exclusives seem to tilt in ps4 favor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah both ROTR and TR 2013 are amazing. Is gameplay kind of similar in the four Uncharted games?
    Somewhat. Uncharted is essentially tomb raider with a male lead. But UC4 plays almost exactly like the last of us with platforming

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I hate Tomb Raider games.

The early PS1 Tomb Raiders game scarred me for life.

Jesus me.
    early ones were god awful, agreed. have you played the 2 recent ones? nothing alike tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the PS4 look better on regular HD TVs or is this t just a 4K tv upgrade"?

The exclusives seem to tilt in ps4 favor
    PS4 Slim is probably the best buy for 1080p, but PS4 Pro should look significantly better if you have a reasonably large 4k TV since it renders most games at 1800p or 1440p (and a few like The Last of Us and Skyrim are rendered at native 4k, eg 2160p). But if you like shooters like Battlefield 1 the PS4 Pro gets a significantly higher framerate even on 1080p. Check Digital Foundry's channel on youtube to see whether the gains from PS4 Pro are worth the higher price. They have a ton of PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs XBox One vs PC comparions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalFoundry/videos

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    early ones were god awful, agreed. have you played the 2 recent ones? nothing alike tbh
    Yeah I played the one they remade for the PS3. Lost interest though.

I'll try to play it again now that I have PS Now and its there for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really? The gameplay on TR 2013 and ROTR are pretty similar to that of The Last of Us (at least the first couple of hours of the game that I have played). I don't think PS3 can do TR 2013 justice graphically. That game really pushed high end PCs when it came out. It should really look amazing on the PS4's gpu though (I think it's similar in power to the AMD HD 7870 XT). And then ROTR has a PS4 Pro patch to play at 1800p (and upscale to 4k).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything you just said at the end is why...the 4k, the price drop, the backwards compatibility. On top of that I just prefer the interface better. The frame rate and resolution is negligible when not playing side by side so it's not a deal breaker for me. The indie games on the PS4 are better than Xbox though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC Autist Race
    Literally the biggest suckers in tech
    No, that's fully grown Nintendo advocates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got my PS4 Slim, and holy that opening to The Last of Us.

hooked me right away, think I played through it in a couple days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got my PS4 Slim, and holy that opening to The Last of Us.
    Damn bro..Last of us is a of an experience. It's up there with RIse of the tomb raider in terms of third person gameplay but the story is significantly better.

I think o finished that game in less than 2 week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tomb Riader is just as good uncharted. I'D say its even better.

Imo.

ROTR=Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3, 4
    Tomb Raider remastered for ps4 definitive edition
    Uncharted 1

That's how i would rank the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazon just dropped the Slim + Uncharted 4 to $230, though you have to pay sales tax ordering from Texas.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-S...1LRLJV28/?th=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And $225 at newegg with promo code EMCFGFL38.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868110210

Plus no sales tax to Texas.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    people like to chuckle about the controller size but I like the Xbox controller. They fit in the Palms nicely and I like the action when there's an explosion or some sort of game dynamic. They have a good feel. Plus a lot of Xbox One deals come bundled with Battlefield. Are the PlayStation 4 controllers comparable? Do they have their own nice feel about them with a good in-game Dynamic feel? They look small in pictures. I'm thinking of picking up a PS4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people like to chuckle about the controller size but I like the Xbox controller. They fit in the Palms nicely and I like the action when there's an explosion or some sort of game dynamic. They have a good feel. Plus a lot of Xbox One deals come bundled with Battlefield. Are the PlayStation 4 controllers comparable? Do they have their own nice feel about them with a good in-game Dynamic feel? They look small in pictures. I'm thinking of picking up a PS4
    I haven't played the XBox One much and can't remember what I thought of its controller, but I definitely like the XBox 360 controller more than the Dualshock 4 on the PS4. It does feel small playing with it. It's not a controller that's uncomfortable to use like say the NES controller, but it does feel lighter, smaller, and cheaper than the XBox 360's controller (which is the best I have used). I think Sony's best controller was the Dualshock 2 on the PS2, that thing felt solid as .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I haven't played the XBox One much and can't remember what I thought of its controller, but I definitely like the XBox 360 controller more than the Dualshock 4 on the PS4. It does feel small playing with it. It's not a controller that's uncomfortable to use like say the NES controller, but it does feel lighter, smaller, and cheaper than the XBox 360's controller (which is the best I have used). I think Sony's best controller was the Dualshock 2 on the PS2, that thing felt solid as .
    good information. Thanks for the response

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    considering I do not own a 4K television and will not for some time. And I'm only going to play around 3 games... Battlefield, GTA 5 and NBA 2K. Controller comfortability is important. Video resolution on both machines being basically the same I think I'm going to pick up a Xbox One

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember anybody poking fun at the Microsoft controllers (not since those massive ones originally released with the first Xbox). Agree with BB though. The Dualshock 4 controller has been comfortable to use, but I still find it a little on the small side. As somebody with hands larger than Donald Trump, the 360 controller was damn near perfect. My boys have an XBone, which I've only played a few times, but the controller is pretty much the same.

My PS4 controller has a dead battery, so now I have to crack the thing open to replace it, spend $60 on a new one, or order a knockoff from China since there are no third party options. The controller is Microsoft's biggest (and probably only) advantage IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    considering I do not own a 4K television and will not for some time. And I'm only going to play around 3 games... Battlefield, GTA 5 and NBA 2K. Controller comfortability is important. Video resolution on both machines being basically the same I think I'm going to pick up a Xbox One
    GTA V is the one XBone game I have played (on my brother's system) and it looked great on it. NBA 2k should run great on anything. I'm not sure of Battlefield 1's performance on XBone, but it's one of the best optimized games I have ever seen on the PC side so it's one of the last games I'd worry about on the system (as opposed to say Fallout 4). Since you can get BF1 with an XBox One S for $250 and only want to play three games it seems like a no-brainer to go with XBone over PoorStation. The resolution on XBone vs PoorStation is very different in many SP games though. A lot of XBone games are rendered at 1600x900 when their PoorStation equivalents are rendered at 1920x1080. XBone uses a weaker gpu than PS4 since they were trying to cut costs to be able to fit in their Kinect bull at launch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I don't like about the DS4 is that due to the angle it rests it can up your USB cable plug.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I don't like about the DS4 is that due to the angle it rests it can up your USB cable plug.
    I'm not a fan of it needing that micro USB plug. I would much prefer using AA batteries like I do with my XBox 360 controller. Rechargeable batteries are cheap as and I never have to plug the controller into anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can kill someone with the PS4 controller. A little too heavy for my liking.

That light is useless as too. Other than that, I prefer Sony's controllers to any other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, if you haven't ordered your XBone yet, newegg has the XBox One S 500 GB + Battlefield 1 bundle for $225 with promo code EMCFGGF34. It also comes with a $20 newegg gift card. You'll probably have to sign up for newegg's email list to use that promo code.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868105191

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can kill someone with the PS4 controller. A little too heavy for my liking.

That light is useless as too. Other than that, I prefer Sony's controllers to any other.
    I wonder if that light is used for PSVR?

Thread Information