Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why deservedly so? Because he is almost averaging a triple double in the NBDL? I guess that is bad. Nobody is saying that he is an all star. But some believe why not give the young kid the opportunity? It's not like Tony is the bestest out there. I just think defensively Murray is better than Tony. So he brings that quality right now. And he could really develop by the end of the year.
    My criticisms of Parker, Aldridge and Gasol have been based on one thing and that is that I want the Spurs to win now. And I think, basing on their offseason moves, the FO and Pop has the same plan. IMO, Murray is not ready to help the spurs on their win-now mentality and he’s not going to make the spurs better by taking a substantial minutes off of parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My criticisms of Parker, Aldridge and Gasol have been based on one thing and that is that I want the Spurs to win now. And I think, basing on their offseason moves, the FO and Pop has the same plan. IMO, Murray is not ready to help the spurs on their win-now mentality and he’s not going to make the spurs better by taking a substantial minutes off of parker.
    I disagree. But I understand. Fair enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a funny man!! Keep moving the basket because you got called out for being a dumb ass and proven wrong! He has had good D league games. he is still developing. You want to bash his NBA games. But he is playing like 5 minutes of end of the game trash ball. You might seriously be the most oblivious fan ever.
    No, I'm prepared to talk about his stellar career in the D League. He had 7 turnovers tonight against Sioux Falls. How many will he have against NBA compe ion? Is 7 turnovers good? Or a per of -18 in the D League? How about shooting 5-16? Is shooting 43% against D League compe ion good? The reality is that it would be easy to go through each game and point out his flaws, but some you'll still act like he's NBA ready. It's obvious Pop sees he's not ready, hence Lapro is on the team and Murray isn't. I'm sure I could find a bunch of similar stats, but why am I going to waste time looking at meaningless D League stats. Jimmer put up better D League stats and he's in China. Either you're related to Murray or you are a dumbass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm prepared to talk about his stellar career in the D League. He had 7 turnovers tonight against Sioux Falls. How many will he have against NBA compe ion? Is 7 turnovers good? Or a per of -18 in the D League? How about shooting 5-16? Is shooting 43% against D League compe ion good? The reality is that it would be easy to go through each game and point out his flaws, but some you'll still act like he's NBA ready. It's obvious Pop sees he's not ready, hence Lapro is on the team and Murray isn't. I'm sure I could find a bunch of similar stats, but why am I going to waste time looking at meaningless D League stats. Jimmer put up better D League stats and he's in China. Either you're related to Murray or you are a dumbass.
    I'd say almost averaging a triple double isn't sucking as either. And I'm not saying he needs to be a30 minute a night guy. But 10-15 would be fine. It's unfortunate you can't see what I'm saying because you went on the parker defense right away.

But please keep moving the basket around. Because you don't know sit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you want tokeep comparing him to jimmer. Jimmer doesn't have an elite physical quality to be an nba player. Murray has athleticism and length. Should we compare Tony to Westbrook right now? Tony sucks he can't average a triple double like Westbrook. See how stupid you sound and look.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say almost averaging a triple double isn't sucking as either. And I'm not saying he needs to be a30 minute a night guy. But 10-15 would be fine. It's unfortunate you can't see what I'm saying because you went on the parker defense right away.

But please keep moving the basket around. Because you don't know sit.
    Lapro has earned those minutes. Murray has to earn those from Lapro and he hasn't. Hence, he's in the D League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you want tokeep comparing him to jimmer. Jimmer doesn't have an elite physical quality to be an nba player. Murray has athleticism and length. Should we compare Tony to Westbrook right now? Tony sucks he can't average a triple double like Westbrook. See how stupid you sound and look.
    You are the one touting a guy with 7 TO in a D League game as deserving minutes over Parker. He hasn't even earned them over Lapro. Jimmer has a much better jumper than Murray and while Murray may jump higher and be longer, that doesn't make him an NBA player. You could say that Murray is taller and more athletic than Steve Nash, but what does it matter in a league full of athletes? You need skill and smarts, two things that Murray has on a D League level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are the one touting a guy with 7 TO in a D League game as deserving minutes over Parker. He hasn't even earned them over Lapro. Jimmer has a much better jumper than Murray and while Murray may jump higher and be longer, that doesn't make him an NBA player. You could say that Murray is taller and more athletic than Steve Nash, but what does it matter in a league full of athletes? You need skill and smarts, two things that Murray has on a D League level.
    and you're the one touting a washed guy. But hey sentimental, let's keep playing him because you are afraid to move on. Little .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in Tony second year in the league he had 2 games of 7 turnovers. And had quite a few 6 and 5 turnover games. I guess his career doesn't count anymore. You dumb .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and you're the one touting a washed guy. But hey sentimental, let's keep playing him because you are afraid to move on. Little .
    Wrong. I say keep playing Parker bc at this point he gives us our best chance to continue winning. I'm not sentimental about Parker. I'm more than willing to admit he's in decline. But even in decline, he's worlds better than Murray. Say what you want, but people smarter and more informed than both of us have Murray in the D League and Parker in the NBA (and Lapro in the NBA). Parker and Murray are so far apart, you really have no coherent argument for even taking 10 min from Parker's playing time to give to Murray. You should be arguing that Murray should replace Lapro on the roster. That's who Murray should beat out, but he hasn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in Tony second year in the league he had 2 games of 7 turnovers. And had quite a few 6 and 5 turnover games. I guess his career doesn't count anymore. You dumb .
    NBA vs D League. Bet Parker wouldn't have 7 turnovers in a D League game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA vs D League. Bet Parker wouldn't have 7 turnovers in a D League game.
    There is no easy to know as there wasn't a D league ball then. But toy was turnover prone early on. You can't deny that. But I'm sure you will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boom.

Bbbbut our 81 win percentage against the likes of the suns lakers and charlotte gaiz!!!!
    Oh and beating the Warriors by 29 in their building with Parker running point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just get this straight for ya gots. Patty was cash in 2014 finals and 2015 clips series. Playing with garbage players such as Diaw fathead dworst old man manu he didn't play well. He was better than porker though in all totality. And now he played more international ball, contract year, and he is the second best player so far even if he has an average game now and then. He is a WAY BETTER FIT FOR THE STARTING UNIT. Any cucks that say otherwise are gots tbh.
    Patty was "cash" in the 2014 Finals:

Parker: 18/5
    Mills: 10/2

Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no easy to know as there wasn't a D league ball then. But toy was turnover prone early on. You can't deny that. But I'm sure you will
    Tony's most turnovers ever: 3 per game
    Westbrook this season: 6 per game

When I think of turnover-prone, I don't think of Parker. He's been one of the best ball-handlers of his generation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. I say keep playing Parker bc at this point he gives us our best chance to continue winning. I'm not sentimental about Parker. I'm more than willing to admit he's in decline. But even in decline, he's worlds better than Murray. Say what you want, but people smarter and more informed than both of us have Murray in the D League and Parker in the NBA (and Lapro in the NBA). Parker and Murray are so far apart, you really have no coherent argument for even taking 10 min from Parker's playing time to give to Murray. You should be arguing that Murray should replace Lapro on the roster. That's who Murray should beat out, but he hasn't.
    We're not the ones having to prove our point when one of the best coaches of all time and the best front office of all time agrees with us by their actions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's most turnovers ever: 3 per game
    Westbrook this season: 6 per game

When I think of turnover-prone, I don't think of Parker. He's been one of the best ball-handlers of his generation.
    Parker was extremely turnover prone his first 2 years. Please try to deny this. Please o please.
    In his 5th year the amazing Tony average 3.1 turnovers a game. That's a great ball handler?
    he is averaging 2 a game this year in limited minutes.

He is a 5.9 assist to 2.4 turnover for his career. Amazing.
    Last edited by palangi; 12-17-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not the ones having to prove our point when one of the best coaches of all time and the best front office of all time agrees with us by their actions.
    Yeah because they've never made bad decisions? Ever! How about our turd towers. David west? The Bonner love affair. And you know there is more. But please be a blind sheep. Don't think for yourself.

What a stupid statement.
    Last edited by palangi; 12-17-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was extremely turnover prone his first 2 years. Please try to deny this. Please o please.
    In his 5th year the amazing Tony average 3.1 turnovers a game. That's a great ball handler?
    he is averaging 2 a game this year in limited minutes.

He is a 5.9 assist to 2.4 turnover for his career. Amazing.
    You keep comparing Parker, an NBA player, to Murray, a D League player. There's no comparison. An 18 year old Tony Parker was good enough to make an NBA roster and a 20 year old Murray isn't. And turning the ball over (7 times) in the D League is much worse than turning it over three times against NBA level defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep comparing Parker, an NBA player, to Murray, a D League player. There's no comparison. An 18 year old Tony Parker was good enough to make an NBA roster and a 20 year old Murray isn't. And turning the ball over (7 times) in the D League is much worse than turning it over three times against NBA level defense.
    Will we don't know what Murray is like in the nba. He hasn't really played. And that's because we have to be sensative to parkers ego. But please keep making up scenarios.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And since it is really hard for your dumb ass to read. He said Tony isn't turnover prone. He is a great ball handler.

Please try to keep up simpleton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will we don't know what Murray is like in the nba. He hasn't really played. And that's because we have to be sensative to parkers ego. But please keep making up scenarios.
    You keep bringing up Parker. The one that keeps Murray in the D League is Lapro, the undrafted Argentine rookie. I mean, we can do this dance all day. Murray is no where near as good as Parker, so a win-now team would never bench Parker for Murray. Lapro is the ten minute a night guy and Murray has to beat him out, but sadly, he hasn't been good enough to beat out an undrafted rookie. Murray needs to develop for the next two years in the D League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you even know who these guys are, or what they have in common?

Ansu Sesay
    Tierre Brown
    Marcus Fizer
    Randy Livingston
    Kasib Powell
    Courtney Sims
    Mike Harris
    Curtis Stinson
    Ron Howard
    Othyus Jeffers
    Tim Frazier
    Jarnell Stokes

They are all former D-League MVP's. Get it? They were the BEST PLAYERS in the D-League. And that didn't mean at the NBA level.

Trying to prove that a guy is NBA-ready because he has good stats in the D-League is pure ignorance. Devin Brown and Matt Carroll were both D-League MVP's, and had minor NBA careers, and they are the exceptions. But even they never did anything in the NBA that looked like the numbers they put up in the D-League.

Argue all you want to. Hate on Parker all you want to. It's still stupid to try and project NBA success from D-League stats. Murray isn't ready to play a role in the NBA. Period. He's getting a chance to sit on the bench and learn, and get some mop-up minutes at the very ends of games.

Thread Information