Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I knew it, You ain't got a hair on yer ass.

& I can allow "the kid" & King, but, the sewer line & the boat on water's edge are unforgivable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I knew it, You ain't got a hair on yer ass.

& I can allow "the kid" & King, but, the sewer line & the boat on water's edge are unforgivable.
    Fair enough. And I'm not going to spend the day after Christmas telling you that you didn't admit to sitting through the whole movie every time just to see Red's hat blow off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Fair enough. And I'm not going to spend the day after Christmas telling you that you didn't admit to sitting through the whole movie every time just to see Red's hat blow off.
    Sure, I watch it every time. No matter where you catch it---it is watchable.

& it's got a bit of pomposity to it. They're all cold hearted convicts until the production decides they're all cuddly teddy bears cept for "Boggs" and his crew. This pomposity would be expanded and intensified with nary governor in "The Green Mile."

ADDENDUM:::Of course it's difficult to see Red's hat when they shrink the movie frame to fit in some got show preview. We lose the music, the credits are rolling so fast that I get dizzy and if I didn't know they tightly hugged I wouldn't know they tightly hugged.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sure, I watch it every time. No matter where you catch it---it is watchable.

& it's got a bit of pomposity to it. They're all cold hearted convicts until the production decides they're all cuddly teddy bears cept for "Boggs" and his crew. This pomposity would be expanded and intensified with nary governor in "The Green Mile."

ADDENDUM:::Of course it's difficult to see Red's hat when they shrink the movie frame to fit in some got show preview. We lose the music, the credits are rolling so fast that I get dizzy and if I didn't know they tightly hugged I wouldn't know they tightly hugged.
    You realize the plot of the movie. I'm sure you do. You think it would have played well if Red had to rape Andy every time he gave him a rock? Or if Brooks kept the bird because it felt nice in his butthole?

Andy surely you don't deduct for some network's formatting at the end. Spoiler...they hug tight. Then they spend the rest of their lives drinking tequila and banging local women. That's all in between the chess lessons that Andy gives to Red. Red never truly understands the game well enough to compete. But Andy doesn't insult him by letting him win. Both are thankful for their now simple lives. They have everything they need. Plenty of money, booze, food, and women. The End.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Andy surely you don't deduct for some network's formatting at the end. Spoiler...they hug tight. Then they spend the rest of their lives drinking tequila and banging local women. That's all in between the chess lessons that Andy gives to Red. Red never truly understands the game well enough to compete. But Andy doesn't insult him by letting him win. Both are thankful for their now simple lives. They have everything they need. Plenty of money, booze, food, and women. The End.
    Good stuff, S.

I've never considered the "chess" sequences.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Shawkshank is sentimental rubbish. The final redemption is simply childish wish-fulfillment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shawkshank is sentimental rubbish. The final redemption is simply childish wish-fulfillment.
    Some movies have happy endings. Nothing wrong with it. In this case, it confirms how long Andy was planning his espcape.

Although it'd be funny if it ended with Red not remembering "Zihuatanejo".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cap, I don't mind sentimental rubbish. I even relish it. I just don't care for it when it's convenient.

Thread Information