Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that he's maxing out his talent unlike guys like Carmelo who play one side of the court.

Hmmm... I hope he isn't maxing out his talent. He's improved year-on-year since he came here. I think he's not done. I also think he could be used better, but that's a whole other discussion. I know he would benefit from having at least one big man who actually plays in the paint.

My point is, it's pretty spectacular when he makes those crazy shots. But he would be so much better if he didn't have to make them so often. And I think that Pop featuring (forcing) him on offense this way keeps him from dominating on D the way he could be. That's also another whole discussion.

But I think if you're going to talk about a guy in terms of "greatest of his generation" it ought to be obvious that he is. I don't think Kawhi is there yet. That's no slight, I just don't think you can see him head and shoulders above his generation right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys must not live in San Antonio. Most under appreciated? What a joke. All you see across this city are people wearing his jersey and shirts. There's a difference between appreciation and eroticism. You do realize that the majority of Spurs fans don't even get on this message board?
    True Spurs fans appreciate the franchise not just one player.
    Y'all adore Kawhi and that's fine but just understand that holding him accountable for any supposed weakness DOES NOT equate under appreciation or "blaming him for the teams issues."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=south side spur;8838818]There's a difference between appreciation and eroticism.[QUOTE]

Oh, man. Truth nuke there. From someone with 180 posts even.

You do realize that the majority of Spurs fans don't even get on this message board?

Looking at the stands most nights, they don't go to the games either.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    fans appreciated aj more then tp and tp was 10 times the player as aj
    ....for the same reason Portland fans appreciated Wes Matthews more than Softridge.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Stop comparing Kawhi to Jordan

Theyre not even in the same atmosphere
    Agreed. Kawhi is an alpha. DK got carried by Stern, Phil, MVPippen, and the most stacked rosters of his era.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    TP is underappreciated for sure, but again my statement was about the least underapprecaited superstar of all time. TP was never a superstar.
    Porker was a one-way player & he wasn't a top 5 offensive player at any point of his career to be referred to as a "superstar". Isaiah Thomas this season is playing as well as Porker did at his PEAK & nobody is calling him a "superstar".: http://bkref.com/tiny/o0hfb

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still a lot of room for Kawhi to improve:

court vision, decision making

when to pass, how to involve his teammates more

how to make his teammates better, like Duncan and Manu
    I agree. It would be a great way to open his game up. He can pass but doesnt too much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013: Stop comparing Kawhi to Paul George, they aren't even in he same atmosphere.
    But one of those two is an average star while the other is the best wing of all time. Surely you can draw the difference there. Reaching Paul George level was never unreasonable for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is not even close to Jordan yet. The bad takes are so real on this site.

Jordan would have an entire team defending him and still score. Kawhi gets frustrated by single assignments on a regular basis still. Not to say he isn't improving, he is, and I've clamored he would have a great career because of his ability to improve and learn, but he is not a major offensive weapon. When he's hot, he can be unstoppable.. plenty of non stars can say that though. Like Pop says, bringing that every night is what makes you great. Kid is young and doing amazing for his lack of offensive experience, but no. .nothing like Jordan yet.

Also, he is the reason they win when the spurs win, it's only fair you believe he's the reason the spurs lose when they lose. The double standard goes both ways. If you're giving him credit for the spurs success, he has to share equal credit for their failures.

And another note. He's well regarded as a top 5-10 player without being flashy or building himself up.he gets plenty of appreciation and credit. You're just an insecure spur fan if you think he doesn't get credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop comparing Kawhi to Jordan

Theyre not even in the same atmosphere
    He just posted statistics showing that they are in the same atmosphere.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Imagine Jordan getting clamped up by the likes of Matt Barnes, Roberson, and Mbah a Mohte

fkin got em

Kiwi w/o Tim = 3rd team all nba ceiling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still a lot of room for Kawhi to improve:

court vision, decision making

when to pass, how to involve his teammates more

how to make his teammates better, like Duncan and Manu
    Yet he already is improving in season. He is starting to find the open man better than he was early in the year. Fewer bad shots and turnovers as he works through dealing with double teams.

He is fun as to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ = subjective, and also plain wrong. He'll be at least 2nd team this year.

Fact based: Jordan without Pippen is 1-9 in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ =Fact based: Jordan without Pippen is 1-9 in the playoffs
    So you're going to "pin the blame on Jordan for the shortcomings" of those Bulls' rosters? I guess that only works when it pertains to Kawhi's accountability. Nevermind the fact that 6 of those losses were to a team considered to be one of the greatest in league history. Yeah that actually makes perfect sense. Jordan should be held totally accountable for playoff losses to the 80's Celtics but we should never hold Kawhi accountable for the playoff losses to the legendary Thunder or Clippers teams. Got it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Jordan w/o rich-man's Iggy: NEVER got out of the 2nd rd like Choke-P3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're going to "pin the blame on Jordan for the shortcomings" of those Bulls' rosters? I guess that only works when it pertains to Kawhi's accountability. Nevermind the fact that 6 of those losses were to a team considered to be one of the greatest in league history. Yeah that actually makes perfect sense. Jordan should be held totally accountable for playoff losses to the 80's Celtics but we should never hold Kawhi accountable for the playoff losses to the legendary Thunder or Clippers teams. Got it.

Kawhi got on by Matt Barnes and Andre Robertson in humiliating fashion while the Goat Jordan dropped 63 on one of the greatest teams of all time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Dominique Wilkins took the 80s Celtics to 7 & beat Isiah's Pistons with in' Doc Rivers.

He also took a big on Jordan:

Jordan w/o Pippen was the equivalent of '13-'14 Dominos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is not a major offensive weapon.
    A guy who led the league in PPP on pick and rolls, almost had a 50-40-90 season, is that versatile that he can drive to the hoop, take the mid-j, shoot the three, post-up...And scoring 24.5 ppg in less shots than any other superstar?

That sounds like a true 'major offensive weapon'

Also, he is the reason they win when the spurs win, it's only fair you believe he's the reason the spurs lose when they lose. The double standard goes both ways. If you're giving him credit for the spurs success, he has to share equal credit for their failures.
    He isn't responsible for every Spurs' loss.

Kawhi was the best player on the court in the game in Chicago but it's easier for you to say the loss was on him if you forget the horrible game that LMA, Parker and Manu had.

I mean, we should blame him for the loss when he plays bad not just because he's the best player on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaching Paul George level was never unreasonable for Kawhi.
    Kawhi already surpassed PG level a season ago...That's why that comparison sounds that stupid right now in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray has more offensive potential. When he takes over the PG position he can move Kawhi to more comfortable offensive role.
    Like when you said that Kyle was 'a way better offensive player than Kawhi'...? Like when you said that Kawhi should be the 4th option last season?

Hopefully this time you won't ruin Murray's career like you did with Anderson's.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 12-25-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DAYUM

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Never said I don't hold Kawhi accountable for his shortcomings against the Clippers and Thunder. All I did was call someone out for saying he won't make an All NBA Team without Duncan. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm also not one of these homers saying that Kawhi is anywhere close to Jordan. But he's on the path to being a HOFer assuming he doesn't pull a Gerald Wallace and fall off (but given he doesn't rely on athleticism and can shoot, I wouldn't expect it).

All I was saying on Jordan is that we'll never know if he'd have won six les without a Pippen. Sure helped that the talent in the league was trending towards the western conference by then - a lot like the only player with a chance of catching him (Lebron).
    Last edited by cjw; 12-25-2016 at 10:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said I don't hold Kawhi accountable for his shortcomings against the Clippers and Thunder. All I did was call someone out for saying he won't make an All NBA Team without Duncan. Stop putting words in my mouth.
    Point taken but when anyone tries to tear down Jordan to strengthen the argument for (player name) it's always laughable I hope you can at least recognize that.

I mean some of these Kawhidiots point out EVERY SINGLE possible criticism for other players, using metrics and videos as if Kawhi himself is immune to these same devices.

The fact of the matter is I agree with their general position. That we as Spurs fans should be grateful for having a franchise player like Kawhi. I think most Spurs fans realize this fact.

What they're not realizing is Kawhi is now the face of a 5 time championship franchise. The expectations are going to be the highest of any player in the league. We're not going to deflect criticism to other players or shield him.

What the is that? The greatest don't need protection and that's his path right? Isn't that what this thread is about? Kawhi being in the same discussion as the greatest wings?

This current Spurs team is a le contender no matter what some in this forum would have us believe. So where is HE taking this team. It's on HIM no one else. No one can reasonably argue about Kawhi's greatness and how he is on a hall of fame trajectory and then when the team falls short of a championship deflect blame to every other player BUT him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ = subjective, and also plain wrong. He'll be at least 2nd team this year.

Fact based: Jordan without Pippen is 1-9 in the playoffs
    Is that 1 series win to 9 series losses without Pippen?

Who is the wins and losses against?

Thread Information