Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he needs to play on Jordan's level for a whole season and the playoffs
    He won't be MJ but I truly believe that Kawhi will have that type of season in his career.

Anyway, most people say they can't wait to watch Kawhi reaching his prime in two or three years and dominanting the league...I'm not one of them.

I'm just enjoying his present, enjoying the process. Not many fans have the the honor and pleasure to witness the emergence of a superstar on their favorite team.

I was too young in prime Tim's years to understand and value it. Now, I won't miss any minute of Kawhi's path...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically, Kawhi can be there, he's putting numbers than just prime Tim had on the Spurs. But this comparison between Jordan and Kawhi is stupid. No one was, is, or will be better than him. Neither LeBron, who has more flaws than people want to admit.

But I wouldn't use the line of "Jordan was already ascendat" before Pippen. Because when a young player like Kawhi plays on a stacked team with multiple HoFs it's likely he won't have the ball in his hands and won't make an instant impact on offense. That young player won't have the opportunities to develop his whole game until he gets traded or those HoFs get old...

Jordan playing in a weak team in his early 20's was ascendat for the simple reason he didn't have to share the ball with guys like Spurs Big3 and his development was in other way than Kawhi's
    That's fair except Jordan's offensive ability was so advanced even for a first year guy. Tim's numbers are down because the pace in that era was slow. Basically they got teams in a half court game and just defended them into oblivion and Tim just posted up, are up shot clock, and then scored or passed for an open three. The offenses now are so different. But hey, Kawhi is having a great year and given how quickly he has progressed in his relatively short career, he could be scary in two years. That said, when we talk Jordan, we talk best ever, and there's a lot of ground to cover for Kawhi to get there.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's fair except Jordan's offensive ability was so advanced even for a first year guy. Tim's numbers are down because the pace in that era was slow. Basically they got teams in a half court game and just defended them into oblivion and Tim just posted up, are up shot clock, and then scored or passed for an open three. The offenses now are so different. But hey, Kawhi is having a great year and given how quickly he has progressed in his relatively short career, he could be scary in two years. That said, when we talk Jordan, we talk best ever, and there's a lot of ground to cover for Kawhi to get there.
    Jordan in the 80s was basically the same level of athlete as WestBrick; Kawhi is more like '96-'98 Jordan. The best comparison being '95-'96 when Jordan shot 42% from 3 & was still an elite defender. Many folks forget that he was basically coasting on defense ala LeBron b/w '96-'98.

Kawhi could EASILY match '95-'96 Jordan (including assists) if he was allowed to ball-hog as much as DeFrozen: http://bkref.com/tiny/NKiul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are these idiots now? All that sh*t talking. What a joke.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan in the 80s was basically the same level of athlete as WestBrick; Kawhi is more like '96-'98 Jordan. The best comparison being '95-'96 when Jordan shot 42% from 3 & was still an elite defender. Many folks forget that he was basically coasting on defense ala LeBron b/w '96-'98.

Kawhi could EASILY match '95-'96 Jordan (including assists) if he was allowed to ball-hog as much as DeFrozen: http://bkref.com/tiny/NKiul
    Pop wanted to play a brand of basketball that led to back-to-back 60+ win seasons. During those seasons Kawhi's numbers were All-Star level and yet he wanted more. Kawhi it seemed wanted to be treated like a "superstar", or rather Uncle Dennis wanted Kawhi to be treated as such.

Ironically, Pop's "take a back seat" approach was meant to preserve Kawhi's health which then shifted the focus of the offense to a game plan that could be more consistent - LaMarcus Aldridge was the focus of the offense NOT BECAUSE he was a better player than Kawhi, but because Pop knew that this approach maximized wins (and because he was available most games). Kawhi's camp could not understand this, and apparently still don't understand this logic.

Kawhi's legacy would've been greater had he stayed in San Antonio. His uncle is simply just too greedy to realize this.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 09-18-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://bkref.com/tiny/eJ4kw

Next time you want to pin everything on Kawhi for the team's shortcomings, let me know when you find guys 25 or under who aren't regarded as the best of their respective generations (Jordan/LeBron aka FREAK athletes) who can do better than Kawhi has so far this season as a two-way wing-player.: http://bkref.com/tiny/l69Yf

The only other player that can do what Kawhi does is Durant who is a 7ft tall alien & maybe Giannis (another 7ft tall alien) in the future if he learns how to shoot. (Kawhi was a better scorer than PEAK Pippen aka rich man's Iggy last season)

Kawhi is essentially no more athletic than Carmelo & he is now just as good a scorer as the guy that was once regarded as the best pure scorer in the league: http://bkref.com/tiny/bXQZm

If Kawhi had Paul George's athleticism & height, he would be the best 2-way player since PEAK LeBron.

LOL. And now you've done something that no other fanboy has ever done at your age group.

Starting a "greatest ever" thread, and the clincher last sentence starts with "IF". IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. And now you've done something that no other fanboy has ever done at your age group.

Starting a "greatest ever" thread, and the clincher last sentence starts with "IF". IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
    his takes are very "iffy"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harlem why are you so obsessed with Kawhi? It seems like you go back forth with loving Lebron and Kawhi.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    IF my aunt had balls, I would still be a .
    FIFY

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pop wanted to play a brand of basketball that led to back-to-back 60+ win seasons. During those seasons Kawhi's numbers were All-Star level and yet he wanted more. Kawhi it seemed wanted to be treated like a "superstar", or rather Uncle Dennis wanted Kawhi to be treated as such.

Ironically, Pop's "take a back seat" approach was meant to preserve Kawhi's health which then shifted the focus of the offense to a game plan that could be more consistent - LaMarcus Aldridge was the focus of the offense NOT BECAUSE he was a better player than Kawhi, but because Pop knew that this approach maximized wins (and because he was available most games). Kawhi's camp could not understand this, and apparently still don't understand this logic.

Kawhi's legacy would've been greater had he stayed in San Antonio. His uncle is simply just too greedy to realize this.
    Yeah, his legacy would have been on par with Fatty Mills

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, his legacy would have been on par with Fatty Mills
    You're exaggeration here exposes the faulty logic of your position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information