View Poll Results: How many rings would the Seahawks have right now with a real QB like Flacco or Eli?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Vote!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    First five seasons.

Eli

Best comp %...60.3
    TD/INT..98/64
    QB ratings

Joe Flacco

Best comp %...63.1
    TD/INT...101/56
    QB ratings

Look at the dramatic difference here with Russell Wilson

Best comp%...68.1
    TD/INT..119/44
    QB rating

How could anyone not understand this?

And Pete Carroll wants a mobile QB, the difference in what RW does in the running game vs Eli/Flacco is ridiculous.

You can take Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, whoever and if we take into consideration.

playoff success
    SB success
    wins
    passing stats
    rushing stats
    NFL firsts
    NFL records

...in their first five seasons, nobody compares to Russell Wilson. He has had the best first five seasons of a career ever seen in pro football. And if ya knew the game you'd know this.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    chirp chirp

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Great stuff Avante as usual. How about some more on the great Russell Wilson, ok?

Here ya go amigo.

Why Russell Wilson is a top-5 NFL QB

John Breitenbach 6 months ago

The Seattle Seahawks’ resurgence began with the hiring of Pete Carroll in January of 2010, but it wasn’t until Russell Wilson was added in the third round of the 2012 NFL draft that Seattle became a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
    Wilson’s rare combination of athleticism and arm talent make him a nightmare to defend. He might not be the best pure passer in the league, but he is also far from a one-dimensional running QB. Scrambling quarterbacks have had success in the NFL, but it’s frequently short-lived. Wilson’s balanced skill set makes him more difficult to game-plan against, and less susceptible to injuries.
    Simply put, he belongs in the conversation with the best signal-callers in the league. In Sam Monson’s ranking of the top 100 players in the NFL right now, which will be published on PFF next week, Wilson cracks the top five among quarterbacks, edging out the likes of Drew Brees and Carson Palmer and ranking just behind guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-12-2016 at 01:50 PM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

You told me my Saints wouldn't make the playoffs Avante, right again, as usual. I should have listened.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Avante with the facts yet again, yep, both Eli and Flacco weren't even close to RW starting out.

What was I thinking? I really do need to start boning up on this stuff before posting, yep, like Avante does.

A statue like Eli running that read option, DUH~~~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That....real...QB Joe Flacco

Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports There are 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is ranked 16th in the league by USA Today’s, “For The Win”. Yes, the average Joe label is still on Flacco.
    Here is what For The Win had to say about Flacco:

“Flacco hasn’t gotten any better since the Ravens made him the highest-paid quarterback in the league back in 2013. He’s still got a bazooka for an arm and is more mobile than he’s given credit for, but that’s where the positives end. His sloppy footwork has led to declining accuracy. Even at 31, he doesn’t do much work before the snap, and he’s still not great at making adjustments after the snap either.
    Flacco is talented. If you put the right team and coaches around him, he’ll look good. He’s not going to elevate those around him, though, and that’s what the Ravens are paying him to do.”

That.....real....QB Eli Manning

Print Email
    Steve Politi | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Steve Politi | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter
    on October 12, 2016 at 8:05 AM, updated October 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM

comments

EAST RUTHERFORD -- We interrupt this regularly scheduled hand-wringing over the Giants and their quarterback with this important announcement: Eli Manning is average.
    Oh, he is probably the best average quarterback in NFL history, and while that doesn't exactly sound like something to engrave on a Hall of Fame bust, it's true. He has those two Super Bowl MVPs and enough statistical success that he'll get his spot in Canton someday.

Do Giants or Jets have better chance at saving season?

But he is preparing to make his 200th career start on Sunday. We have certainly watched a big enough body of work that we know what he is, so can we finally stop expecting him to morph into something he's not?
    He's not Tom Brady. He's not Aaron Rodgers. He's not a quarterback who is going perform at a high level every week, so while his uneven start to the 2016 season is a lot of things -- frustrating, disappointing, disheartening, etc. -- it is hardly surprising.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That....real...QB Joe Flacco

Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports There are 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is ranked 16th in the league by USA Today’s, “For The Win”. Yes, the average Joe label is still on Flacco.
    Here is what For The Win had to say about Flacco:

“Flacco hasn’t gotten any better since the Ravens made him the highest-paid quarterback in the league back in 2013. He’s still got a bazooka for an arm and is more mobile than he’s given credit for, but that’s where the positives end. His sloppy footwork has led to declining accuracy. Even at 31, he doesn’t do much work before the snap, and he’s still not great at making adjustments after the snap either.
    Flacco is talented. If you put the right team and coaches around him, he’ll look good. He’s not going to elevate those around him, though, and that’s what the Ravens are paying him to do.”

So you get your opinions from USA Today? I thought you were a ing...yes..."expert"...with all your books and . You're telling me that you get your opinions from the newspaper?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I do get a kick out of the rookies here, it's cute, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

Russell Wilson set records at Wisconsin, he walks right in and takes over. Precedes to win more games in 5 seasons than any QB in NFL history, he sets NFL records and NFL firsts, but he's not a .....real...QB, hahahahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

His fellow NFL players see him as the 17th best player in the NFL last season, but he's not a ...real...QB, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So you get your opinions from USA Today? I thought you were a ing...yes..."expert"...with all your books and . You're telling me that you get your opinions from the newspaper?
    Do this for me, ok? Google...Russell Wilson a great QB...and tell me what ya find. Then do that for Eli and Flacco.

TONS...of others out there saying the same things I say about Wilson.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Do this for me, ok? Google...Russell Wilson a great QB...and tell me what ya find. Then do that for Eli and Flacco.

TONS...of others out there saying the same things I say about Wilson.
    yeah...I don't do...Google...to find out my opinions.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    yeah...I don't do...Google...to find out my opinions.
    Little man, it's not about....MY...opinions, ok? It's about others agreeing with me, ok? Everyone who knows the game gets the greatness of Russell Wilson.

The young guy is doing things never seen before, he has NFL records and firsts, and is a SB champion.

I've been into this stuff since around 1959 (10 years old), I've seen them all. Ya think I just might know what I;m talking about?

Cool the internet in hiding bull and talk like a grown man, ok?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Flacco or Eli would've said " you Darrell, we have a monster in the backfield who has over 100 yds today and we still have a timeout." So, 2

Post Count
    In one fell swoop, Russell Wilson went from the most underpaid quarterback in the NFL to its most overpaid.

The Seattle Seahawks quarterback beat a Friday deadline to extend his contract, signing for a whopping $61 million guaranteed, with a reported $31 million signing bonus for an annual salary of about $21.9 million that’s just under that of Aaron Rodgers. The total amount of the four-year deal is worth a preposterous $87.6 million which doesn’t appear to contain much of the funny money that usually inflates the contracts of NFL players.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Flacco or Eli would've said " you Darrell, we have a monster in the backfield who has over 100 yds today and we still have a timeout." So, 2
    We don't know that, what we do know is Wilson was a far better QB in his first 5 seasons than Eli/Flacco where. Really not close.

Post Count
    Let’s make something clear here, Wilson is an average quarterback at best, yet announcers keep talking him up and Seattle fans gloss over his inability to take over a game. Without the "Legion of BOOM" or "Beast Mode" Wilson would have been benched by now. Teams focus on Seattle's defence and containing Marshawn Lynch and dare Russell Wilson to beat them through the air.

Seattle fans will hate this but it’s a little closer to reality then they may care to admit, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are going to give you the same results in the QB department, one just has a far better team at the moment, but the other has a better payday with a nearly $10 million dollar difference.

http://www.dudleymediagroup.com/Deta...good-team-3910

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In one fell swoop, Russell Wilson went from the most underpaid quarterback in the NFL to its most overpaid.

The Seattle Seahawks quarterback beat a Friday deadline to extend his contract, signing for a whopping $61 million guaranteed, with a reported $31 million signing bonus for an annual salary of about $21.9 million that’s just under that of Aaron Rodgers. The total amount of the four-year deal is worth a preposterous $87.6 million which doesn’t appear to contain much of the funny money that usually inflates the contracts of NFL players.
    That's what the winningest QB (4 seasons) in NFL history deserves.

Never misses a game, sets NFL record and firsts, has won a playoff game in every season and a SB real close to winning two.

Post Count
    Unfiltered NFC scouting reports: Each team's most overrated and underrated player

Scout's Take: Seattle Seahawks

Overrated: Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson is not an elite quarterback. Pete Carroll has created an environment where he encourages individuals to be themselves and also demands his men to be their best and pay attention to details. It's that setting, as well as a great defense, that has everything to do with the success the Seahawks have had over these last few years. Don't get me wrong, Wilson has had a hand in this too, but he moves the offense because of the scheme and because they win the field position battle week in and week out. His style of play does not transcend the system. His career could have gone the opposite way elsewhere.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/07/nfc...rrated-players

Post Count
    Shots fired: Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson named most overrated player in NFL

http://cover32.com/2014/07/24/shots-...A7jzz1xh9Yg.99

Post Count
    Russell Wilson: Overrated, and You're Wrong if you Think Otherwise

http://30minutesofmadnessblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/russell-wilson-overrated-and-youre.html

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This is the best football of his life," Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said Sunday following Seattle's 38-7 road win over the Vikings, via ESPN. "He's playing phenomenally. He's doing it with his legs. He's doing it with his arm. He's making smart decisions. He's getting out of the pocket. He's eliminating negative plays. That's what elite quarterbacks do. He's playing at an All-Pro, Pro Bowl level."The numbers back up Sherman's praise, too. Wilson is second in the NFL in completion percentage (68.5) and third in the league in quarterback rating (106.2). He's not beating teams with dinks and dunks, either, ranking third in yards per attempts (8.5). And with 450 yards on the ground this season, he is just 26 yards behind Cam Newton in rushing among quarterbacks.

There's a reason the playbook on Wilson has always been to keep him in the pocket. It has to be against any quarterback who has the agility that Wilson possesses and the ability to keep his eye level downfield.
    The difference this season has been Wilson's play from between the tackles, a place where he has become an unstoppable force.

Post Count
    Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson not an elite-tier QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000603255/article/mike-pettine-russell-wilson-not-an-elitetier-qb

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Though Cam Newton is going to be the NFL’s 2015 MVP, it’s hard to argue that Russell Wilson hasn’t been the league’s best player, especially in the past five weeks, when the fourth-year quarterback is on a historic run of games, all of which have helped turn Seattle from a 4-5 disappointment into a sleeping 9-5 giant. Check out his numbers from those five straight wins:

Five straight games, with at least three touchdowns and a rating over 120. Or five straight games with a completion percentage at 70% or above and 245 yards. It’s near perfection from all angles. These seemed like unbelievable achievements so, with the help of pro-football-reference’s Player Streak finder, we decided to find out just how much.
    To start, we looked at how many players had four-game streaks of 3 TDs/120+ rating. Only one quarterback did. Russell Wilson, and his streak is at five.

Thread Information