Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Looking at the new Coaches Poll, Virginia Tech has garnered a first place vote and is only 63 points behind Texas for #2. Texas has firm control over the AP Poll, but that won't be used by the BCS.

As VT's remaining schedule looks tougher on paper than UT's (including dates with #6 Miami and most likely #5 Florida State in the ACC le game)- there looks to be some potential for undeserved heartbreak for UT fans if both the Horns and the Hokies win out.

Halfway through the season, though, it looks like we could have 4 undefeated major confernce teams at season's end... another controversy will increase the calls for at least a 4 team playoff... but will the NCAA listen?

No...as long as $$$$$ keeps pouring in with the BCS bowl contracts, it will stay as is. Haven't people figured out yet that the NCAA doesn't care what the fans want?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Well, there has already been talk about a 4 team playoff... essentially it would just add a 5th BCS bowl (which they are doing anyway, but expanding to 10 teams)... one would think that would mean more money...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    USC & VA Tech could lose. USC has been looking ty against Arizona State, Oregon, Arizona...but they usually do better in the 2nd half. Va Tech still has to face Miami who could upset them. USC could easily be upset next weekend by Notre Dame.

My Team
    Wisconsin Badgers
    Post Count
    Who does Texas play yet? Do they not have any more tough match-ups comming up? You seem sure that they wont lose anymore games.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who does Texas play yet? Do they not have any more tough match-ups comming up? You seem sure that they wont lose anymore games.
    I am confident that they will win out.

Sat, Oct 15 Colorado
    Sat, Oct 22 (15) Texas Tech
    Sat, Oct 29 at Oklahoma State
    Sat, Nov 5 at Baylor
    Sat, Nov 12 Kansas
    Fri, Nov 25 at Texas A&M

That is the remaining schedule.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    hopefully Texas does get screwed, because Texas has the power to change the system.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    USC & VA Tech could lose. USC has been looking ty against Arizona State, Oregon, Arizona...but they usually do better in the 2nd half. Va Tech still has to face Miami who could upset them. USC could easily be upset next weekend by Notre Dame.

Texas didn't look so hot against an overrated Ohio State team. Texas could lose as well sooner or later.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas has firm control over the AP Poll, but that won't be used by the BCS
    poll avg is

As VT's remaining schedule looks tougher on paper than UT's
    do you work for ESPN?

(including dates with #6 Miami and most likely #5 Florida State in the ACC le game)- there looks to be some potential for undeserved heartbreak for UT fans if both the Horns and the Hokies win out.
    if vatech wins out i will be very surprised
    those are good teams and vatech isnt familiar with FSU

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    Va Tech won't win out... Marcus Vick is barely a Frank Honduras, much less a Ron Mexico.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    I tell you, though, it looks pretty likely that either Va Tech or Florida State will win out, either with a better strength of schedule than Texas; it also looks possible that Georgia could get to the end without a loss, again with a better schedule than the Horns.

We haven't really seen what the computer polls are going to do with Texas yet, either. It could be that some of the computers will downgrade Texas because of Ohio State's loss to Penn State, because other contenders have wins over top teams that only have 1 loss (Florida State's win over Miami comes immediately to mind; I'm sure there are others).

I wonder how much Texas will be hurt by the decline in the Big XII this year.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    Va Tech won't win out... Marcus Vick is barely a Frank Honduras, much less a Ron Mexico.
    He doesn't have to be Ron Mexico for that team to win, though, as long as that defense continues its imitation of the Steel Curtain and those special teams are stealing points from opponents.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder how much Texas will be hurt by the decline in the Big XII this year.
    Could be fatal. Last year Texas got the break helped by Mack Brown's whining....that won't be forgotten.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    if auburn couldnt get to #2 by having an undefeated, sec championship year
    vatech has little hope
    if they won out
    which they wont

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    vatech has little hope
    if they won out
    which they wont
    That is actually a good point, mookie. Auburn got jobbed last year... they could have at least hung with USC with that defense and kept them off the field with their offense.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    vatech has little hope
    if they won out
    which they wont
    That's a load of crap, particularly because the Big XII had 2 top 10 teams last year. This year, it doesn't. What gave OU the #2 spot over Auburn was the fact that it had played and beaten Texas, which only had 1 loss.

In the end of this season, if Texas and Virginia Tech (or Georgia or Alabama or Florida State) are both unbeaten, there's no way that you can make any kind of legitimate argument that Texas had the tougher schedule.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    good thing strength of schedule isnt a factor in the bcs anymore
    jeez, can you imagine if texas hadnt played ohio st
    would yall even put them in the top 10??

what gave OU the #2 spot
    is they STARTED the season at #2
    and didnt lose a game

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    good thing strength of schedule isnt a factor in the bcs anymore
    jeez, can you imagine if texas hadnt played ohio st
    would yall even put them in the top 10??

what gave OU the #2 spot
    is they STARTED the season at #2
    and didnt lose a game
    strength of schedule is a factor in several of the computer polls and those computer polls are included in the poll average. So, strength of schedule does matter.

I'd still have Texas #2 in a poll if they hadn't played OSU; but that doesn't mean that they'll be in the BCS game without some help. There's too good a chance that they'll be stuck because of the poor quality of the Big XII this year -- that is, they'll be stuck until Mack starts whining to convince voters to siphon votes away from other schools.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    naturally its a factor in the polls

we'll see
    It just seems that people will always scoff Texas
    I can't imagine if they had lost to oh st or OU
    we would have to ask Kori to create a new HornBashing forum
    even when theyre #2 and undefeated, all they can do is keep winning and let the bcs work itself out
    as I said when the preseason polls came out, at least they have the inside track to the nc game
    its theirs to lose

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    and Mack didnt whine at all you fool
    find the quote after the aggie game last year
    if anyone would consider that "whining", would have to be a dumbass

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nightmare scenario for us:

Undefeated Va Tech vs. undefeated Florida St. in ACC championship game
    Undefeated Georgia vs. undefeated Alabama in SEC championship game
    USC runs the table and finishes undefeated in the PAC 10

IF that happens, and I know that's a big IF, we will not be playing in the MNC due to the weak overall quality of the Big XII.

My Team
    Wisconsin Badgers
    Post Count
    I actually think Marcus is better than his brother.

Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    Post Count
    All I know is, I have my aTm vs t.u. tix, and my guess is, the Aggies will be the last team with a chance to derail them before they meet the NU-CU winner in Houston's Reliant in December. TT and CU would be threats to t.u. now, but the games are in Austin, so advantage 'Horns.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I actually think Marcus is better than his brother.

You're on crack.

Mike was an 1st team All-American that led Virginia Tech to the national le game...as a freshman. In his two year collegiate career, Mike had a record of 20-1 as a starter, with the only loss to a Florida State team for the hardware that was much much better than the Hokies.

As a matter of fact, when Michael was Marcus' current age, he was the #1 overall draft pick in the NFL the year before and was leading the Falcons into the playoffs, defeating Green Bay on the Pack's Frozen Tundra homefield for the first time in playoff history.

Marcus as a freshman was redshirted, and then played wideout as a sop re before being suspended for his entire junior season.

Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    Post Count
    Have to agree...Mike Vick is Way better than Marcus

Thread Information