Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Is he the biggest headcase in the league right now?

If he doesn't grow up real quick, this might end up being another Tiki Barber/Jeremy Shockey situation for the Giants, where they need to get rid of a diva so the rest of the team can succeed.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    "might"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's a closet so he has a lot of emotional issues which devolve into outbursts of anger. Steroids have also been known to cause chemical imbalances in the brain. His behavior on the field is evidence that McAdoo has zero control over his team.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "THE CATCH"...was the worst thing in the world that could happen to the guy. He is simply too immature to handle the celeb status, the endorsememts, the $$$$$$$$$$$. The guy has no idea how to act out in public.

But.....his stats are right up there with the great receivers, at his stage of a career.

I'd love to see some big lineman pick him up, shake him like a rag doll and..."cool your punk, got it?"

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Josh Norman had a good day today

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He's the most entertaining man in football, tbh. A true heir to the Moss/T.O. throne that others could never quite ascend too. Dez has the talent & volatility but no charisma. Megatron/Green/Julio are all megatalented but boring as . Antonio Brown tries too hard. Odell is a natural at all of it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He's the most entertaining man in football, tbh. A true heir to the Moss/T.O. throne that others could never quite ascend too. Dez has the talent & volatility but no charisma. Megatron/Green/Julio are all megatalented but boring as . Antonio Brown tries too hard. Odell is a natural at all of it.
    Letting your team down is entertaining? Dropping passes left and right is entertaining? Acting like some re with a kicking net is entertaining?

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Brown > Beckham...not sure how you could think otherwise after today's games. The results speak for themselves.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's a closet so he has a lot of emotional issues which devolve into outbursts of anger. Steroids have also been known to cause chemical imbalances in the brain. His behavior on the field is evidence that McAdoo has zero control over his team.
    This. His primary source of anger is the lie he lives every day.. Sprinkle in some ty NFL performances and media picking on him, and you have a recipe for his tirades. It takes a special breed of got to lose a fight against a kicking net

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    these fools are chilling off a city that features some of the most beautiful women available, but they prefer chilling with a bunch of dudes doing some gay calendar photo shoot

This is probably gayer than Odell getting caught in a club surrounded by dudes twerking

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brown > Beckham...not sure how you could think otherwise after today's games. The results speak for themselves.
    Yeah, one game against the ing Dolphins sure proves it. You sound like the got during every Moss vs T.O. debate that would say " what about Marvin Harrison?"
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 01-09-2017 at 11:38 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp? Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp? Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thinking letting your team down is entertaining, you kidding me?

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    these fools are chilling off a city that features some of the most beautiful women available, but they prefer chilling with a bunch of dudes doing some gay calendar photo shoot

This is probably gayer than Odell getting caught in a club surrounded by dudes twerking
    Dude down left is 99,9 %

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, one game against the ing Dolphins sure proves it. You sound like the got during every Moss vs T.O. debate that would say " what about Marvin Harrison?"
    I think Brown is better than Beckham, but maybe it's because he has an actual HOF QB throwing him the ball instead of a dumb faced got.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd hate to be in a fox hole surrounded by the bad guys and have to look in the face of Eli Manning for guidance. That....DUH!..look he has, whoa!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude down left is 99,9 %
    that pose

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is he the biggest headcase in the league right now?

If he doesn't grow up real quick, this might end up being another Tiki Barber/Jeremy Shockey situation for the Giants, where they need to get rid of a diva so the rest of the team can succeed.
    Attention is a scarce commodity.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't know if it's fair to compare Brown to Murderin' Marvin , Brown is actually a somewhat explosive athlete who can make plays catching screen passes and running after the catch. Marvins most common movement after the catch was falling down.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I can't believe some people. This talk about...there was pot on that boat. POT? POT? POT? are you kidding me? I bet a huge % of NFL players get loaded the night before a game to relax most the time. Pot, means ..O....when it comes to performing in sport, ah....other than being loaded during the event. Yep, that won't work.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

This pic is pretty damn gay. What's with the jeans and Timbalands. All they need is a cup with 9 straws.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    sweater tied around the waist

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I bet you anything Richard Jefferson is behind the camera, with a gopro attached to his head so he and his boys can have jerkoff material later.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't know if it's fair to compare Brown to Murderin' Marvin , Brown is actually a somewhat explosive athlete who can make plays catching screen passes and running after the catch. Marvins most common movement after the catch was falling down.
    Yeah Brown > Marvin, but even still, the biggest play Antonio Brown has made is ducking to avoid a Vontaze Burfict "dirty" hit, then flopping and acting like he was Johnny Knoxville taking a haymaker from Butterbean. He's a very nice, efficient, semi-boring player that brings nowhere near the level of excitement & playmaking that Odell does. To his teammates he's probably beloved, but as a fan I never tune in just to watch Antonio Brown catch 12 yd slants. I almost always will check out Giants games to see if Odell makes an insane catch, breaks one for 80 yards, or has a huge meltdown/hissy fit.

My argument isn't necessarily "who is the best receiver", it's about greatness + entertainment value. Odell perfectly fits the "Freak Athlete Diva Receiver" archetype in a way we haven't seen since prime Randy Moss/Terrell Owens. The two most fun seasons in my life were watching Randy Moss as a rookie with the Vikings, and then his 2007 year with the Patriots. Full Blown Cancer T.O. with the Niners was must watch TV. Antonio Brown is like Marvin Harrison only in that he's statistically equal/better, but isn't anything close to must watch TV. He thinks cutting his hair like a Lego Man is edgy .

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Let's take a look. On the season...

Brown: 106 rec, 1284 yards, 16 TDs
    Beckham: 101 rec, 1367 yards, 10 TDs

That's with Brown playing one less game, and with Ben missing two games.

Last season...

Brown: 136 rec, 1834 yards, 10 TDs
    Beckham: 96 rec, 1450 yards, 13 TDs

And that was with Ben missing 4 games.

Marvin Harrison's best season was a 143/1722/11 playing with Peyton Manning in his prime.

All incredible receivers, but Brown is arguably the best. He's better than Beckham right now, but it's not a 1:1 comparison because Brown is at that magic age of 28. When Beckham hits his peak, then we can talk.

And yes, one playoff game is a good measuring stick when both guys are playing at 100% desperate for a win.

Thread Information