Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP must have thought Lebron was done when he bricked those two threes in game 6 too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've let Manu walk as soon as he leveraged the Sixer's interest into a higher payday

That was shameful, Timmy D gave his all on that front.Very un- Spursian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The corner 3 is the best shot in basketball after the dunk. Manu had an open one and he's been 40% behind the arc this year. He just missed it.

He's not done, but even if he were, at 39 with years of great service to the organization, he's got nothing to be embarrassed about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a bad shot, but it was the wrong side for Manu being a lefty. He was also very close to the basline, so his margin of error was much smaller than it would have been for a right handed shooter. Still a makeable shot (and an overall bad game for Manu).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing new here..the Manu haters got crew waiting for a bad game to make a stupid thread. He's 39 and having a good season, despite yesterday game. Time to young players step up, we miss TD and we will miss Manu too when he retires. Btw we will need this Tony (last 10 games) in playoffs, let's see if he reaches this level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been way more good than bad in the last month tby
    Had a ty game yesterday, it was a good look and a terrible shot, he said it himself
    Sometimes it happens, now let's move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so we have this:

-Manu excuse is he is old, leave him alone.
    -Parker sucks and he has no excuse he is younger and has a bigger role

then facts say this

-Manu played 30,6 K minutes with Spurs mostly off the bench
    -Parker played 42,5 K minutes with Spurs in the SL that's 12,000 more minutes... huge

Non biased now free of agenda view:

Manu indeed arrived later in the NBA and played more games with NT but a season in Europe is not even equivalent of half a NBA RS tbh. At the end there is no doubt that Parker played significantly more minutes than Manu during his career. Obviously tho saying only minutes count and age is not as relevant is stupid, age is more impactful than mileage.

Conclusions: both Manu and Parker are TOSB that continue to play their ass off for the Spurs and have very irregular production. Manu game is aging better than Tony's this is also a fact. Blaming any of those 2 for losing a game is ing dumb.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a bad shot, but it was the wrong side for Manu being a lefty. He was also very close to the basline, so his margin of error was much smaller than it would have been for a right handed shooter. Still a makeable shot (and an overall bad game for Manu).
    Had to read the thread to make sure someone mentioned this. Good play, good shot, wrong player. A right-hander would have had a much better chance at that. As a lefty, he'd almost have to shoot it over the backboard.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather him hit this shot in May than in January...

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he's fine during playoffs, what happened last night is irrelevant imotbhfwiw

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so we have this:

then facts say this

-Parker played 42,5 K minutes with Spurs in the SL that's 12,000 more minutes... huge

Manu indeed arrived later in the NBA and played more games with NT but a season in Europe is not even equivalent of half a NBA RS tbh. At the end there is no doubt that Parker played significantly more minutes than Manu during his career. Obviously tho saying only minutes count and age is not as relevant is stupid, age is more impactful than mileage.

Conclusions: both Manu and Parker are TOSB that continue to play their ass off for the Spurs and have very irregular production. Manu game is aging better than Tony's this is also a fact. Blaming any of those 2 for losing a game is ing dumb.
    Disgusting that the usual suspects shielding Manu in this thread are the same ones to throw Parker under the bus when he has a bad game or takes more than 10 shots.

Had Parker taken that shot last night, this thread would've been 10 pages long by now 5 of those probably from gam 1990 talking to himself

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so we have this:

then facts say this

THIS

I absolutely abhor the "blame game" myopic player fans spew after each loss... it's sickening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather him hit this shot in May than in January...
    That's what I thought as soon as the game was over tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This inevitably turns into "leave Manu alone, he's been great for this franchise!" as if many die-hard Spurs fans aren't aware of his contributions to this franchise.

Most aren't blaming Manu. It's not his fault he's aged.

Most are blaming Pop for still relying on him late in games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so we have this:

then facts say this

Comparing manus minutes to parkers is re ed. Nevermind that Manu played plenty of basketball before the NBA, find me one clip of Tony diving for a loose ball. One clip of him taking a charge. It will take you hours assuming you even find one. Tony plays on cruise control, his signature plays are floaters and fastbreaks. Manu is a warrior who constantly sacrificed himself, in coming off the bench and putting himself in harms way for the team, even today and at their ages Manu is still doing it while Tony never has and never will.

I remember last year, timmy diving for a ball poking it towards Tony and he couldn't even feign an attempt to get it, it's real easy to rack up minutes when you only play when the ball is in your hands.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony can't even dunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing manus minutes to parkers is re ed. Nevermind that Manu played plenty of basketball before the NBA, find me one clip of Tony diving for a loose ball. One clip of him taking a charge. It will take you hours assuming you even find one. Tony plays on cruise control, his signature plays are floaters and fastbreaks. Manu is a warrior who constantly sacrificed himself, in coming off the bench and putting himself in harms way for the team, even today and at their ages Manu is still doing it while Tony never has and never will.

I remember last year, timmy diving for a ball poking it towards Tony and he couldn't even feign an attempt to get it, it's real easy to rack up minutes when you only play when the ball is in your hands.
    What an awful and vanilla take

Parker has probably taken the most punishiment going to the paint as a guard since Iverson. Led every guard in points in the paint year after year. That takes its toll on players, just look at D Rose or Brandon Roy.

Manu otoh brought a soft euro ball style to the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I already knew that but you are an idiot that cannot even read... I said Manu played plenty of bb before the NBA but in leagues that played not even half a NBA RS in less minutes per game, thus in terms of minutes it does not compensate the 12,000 mn gap in the NBA

But then you are even more re ed than I thought

diving
    cruise control
    sacrificied himself
    warrior

oh boy

Parker spent his whole career being among the players who run more miles during a game... so yeah it is nothing easy racking up minutes when on top of minutes you are one of those who run the most fighting against several screens on the same play without even starting with one of most efficient PG going at the rim ever, spent his whole career doing so...

Now gtfoh with your subjective easy racking up minutes, parker sucks, manu god slurp slurp because diving

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an awful and vanilla take

Parker has probably taken the most punishiment going to the paint as a guard since Iverson. Led every guard in points in the paint year after year. That takes its toll on players, just look at D Rose or Brandon Roy.

Manu otoh brought a soft euro ball style to the league.
    12,000 minutes more, find me one charge taken, one loose ball he dove for. Just one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one Brazil, surely in all those minutes you can remember one time Tony dove for the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at diego's threads started. I'm seeing a lot of Manu, Oberto, Scola, and Maradona in the thread les....

Not surprised he's a Spurs fan from Argentina. Only Argies and re s don't see Manu as the TOSB he's been for awhile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one Brazil, surely in all those minutes you can remember one time Tony dove for the ball
    and your point is ? out of your subjectiveness do you have something to add on this topic supported by anything other than Parker does not dive for the ball, if you don't dive you have no mileage take ?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Surely their should be one clip.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said he has no mileage, said his minutes aren't comparable to manus from a wear and tear perspective.

You guys are crying subjective but it's true, otherwise you could easily think of some time Tony drew a charge or dove for a loose ball
    Tony is finesse, Manu is physical, this is a fact and can be demonstrated by hustle stats, charges, loose balls etc.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said he has no mileage, said his minutes aren't comparable to manus from a wear and tear perspective.

You guys are crying subjective but it's true, otherwise you could easily think of some time Tony drew a charge or dove for a loose ball
    Tony is finesse, Manu is physical, this is a fact and can be demonstrated by hustle stats, charges, loose balls etc.

Thread Information