Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll be spending about a week between these two cities in May this year. I'll be with my wife.

Any recommendations on cool to do in any these cities, restaurant recommendations etc

SpursTalk has given me good info previously, keen to hear ideas from anyone!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll be spending about a week between these two cities in May this year. I'll be with my wife.

Any recommendations on cool to do in any these cities, restaurant recommendations etc

SpursTalk has given me good info previously, keen to hear ideas from anyone!
    Beale Street in Memphis. Lots of good bars, restaurants, and music. Probably best on Friday/Saturday. I'm not an Elvis fan by any means, but Graceland was a pretty cool short tour to do. And the MLK tour is really good as well. I forget what they call it but they take you by the place where he was shot. It was very informative. Sun Records is a cool stop as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh yeah...there's some BBQ place on Beale that's famous. Don't go there. The wait is awful and it's. it as good as any hole in the wall Texas BBQ. Maybe ask some locals where the best place is if you're loooking for BBQ.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was in Nashville for a long weekend in November. It was a girl cousins reunion for our oldest cousin's 50th birthday so it was mostly just partying. If you love live music, Broadway Street is the place to go. It's several blocks of live music clubs with some pretty amazing talents performing waiting for their big break. There's all kinds of music, but if you aren't a country music fan your choices will be limited. We went to the Grand Ol Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The HOF was a bit disappointing as I was wanting to see classic country memorabilia but it is pretty much overrun by Taylor Swift and the Zac Brown Band exhibits. I figured out later that is because all the greats have their own museums: George Jones, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash. The Johnny Cash Museum was really great. The restaurants we ate at were all in those touristy areas so nothing stood out it was all just average. We went for a drive in the Belmont area and saw lots of beautiful antebellum mansions. Nashville was really easy to get around---they have tons of freeways and I never saw heavy traffic anywhere. The touristy areas were crowded, but that was the weekend of a ans/Green Bay game, and judging by the number of cheeseheads I saw it would have been pretty quiet if not for them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I've heard Nashville is a of a lot of fun. Have a buddy who used to live there. Let me hit him up and see what he says.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While you're in Memphis try and make an episode of The First 48

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While you're in Memphis try and make an episode of The First 48
    They haven't made a new Memphis episode in years, Sgt Caroline Mason and the bald dude kept it real

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They haven't made a new Memphis episode in years, Sgt Caroline Mason and the bald dude kept it real
    Det. Rick Harrison

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    College
    Purdue Boilermakers
    memphis is pretty ty dawg. you can hang out downtown and get robbed/murdered by ******s or hang out with got hipsters in midtown, tbh

lol turning the pyramid into a in bass pro shop

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was in Nashville for a long weekend in November. It was a girl cousins reunion for our oldest cousin's 50th birthday so it was mostly just partying. If you love live music, Broadway Street is the place to go. It's several blocks of live music clubs with some pretty amazing talents performing waiting for their big break. There's all kinds of music, but if you aren't a country music fan your choices will be limited. We went to the Grand Ol Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The HOF was a bit disappointing as I was wanting to see classic country memorabilia but it is pretty much overrun by Taylor Swift and the Zac Brown Band exhibits. I figured out later that is because all the greats have their own museums: George Jones, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash. The Johnny Cash Museum was really great. The restaurants we ate at were all in those touristy areas so nothing stood out it was all just average. We went for a drive in the Belmont area and saw lots of beautiful antebellum mansions. Nashville was really easy to get around---they have tons of freeways and I never saw heavy traffic anywhere. The touristy areas were crowded, but that was the weekend of a ans/Green Bay game, and judging by the number of cheeseheads I saw it would have been pretty quiet if not for them.
    Thanks for this

Clearly these areas aren't peaking the interest of ST users

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Do NOT eat any beef in Memphis. That bad beef that I ate at that restaurant (a Quarter Pounder at a McDonald's off I-40) made me sick for the next several weeks when I ate there in July 2009.

Thread Information