Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Even SoCal gets occasional frosty windows. Plus engine protection.
    As to ever, i can match Harlem Heat and just about anyone else here for previous cold weather living. Canada.

Which is why i like that the article suggested a solution, such as put the silica in the car and also get driving the sooner the better like after one minute.
    Again, I have to question if what you're saying is bull . If you lived in cold-weather climates before then you know that there's nothing worse than freezing your s off in the morning before your body is fully acclimated to the conditions. It doesn't matter if you put multiple layers on, you will still feel colder in the morning than in any other part of the day. Add to that the daily defrost/de-icing ritual and it really makes no sense to "get driving the sooner the better like after one minute." What car defrosts it's windows in one minute? I can't imagine a woman putting up with somebody who skimps on heat and has cat litter all over his car--just so you can get an extra 15-20K miles out of your ol' beater.

You are one low-rent mother er

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Again, I have to question if what you're saying is bull . If you lived in cold-weather climates before then you know that there's nothing worse than freezing your s off in the morning before your body is fully acclimated to the conditions. It doesn't matter if you put multiple layers on, you will still feel colder in the morning than in any other part of the day. Add to that the daily defrost/de-icing ritual and it really makes no sense to "get driving the sooner the better like after one minute." What car defrosts it's windows in one minute? I can't imagine a woman putting up with somebody who skimps on heat and has cat litter all over his car--just so you can get an extra 15-20K miles out of your ol' beater.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This has the looks of another classic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Laundry krew member checking in, btw

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah was gonna lol the one minute

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I parked my car in front of my building the other night, rather than in the parking garage..the windows were covered in ice and frost, it probably took at least 15 minutes of defrosting(after scraping) just to feel comfortable driving..

If I had left after a minute, I would have killed at least 5 people, tbh..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I've got the AC on. I hate San Antonio winter
    WTF?

This is great running weather?
    Great to be outside.

I could do without the Gulf moisture in the summer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    OK buddy, you go with th cat litter and sock, I'll stick with the defrost button.
    Jesus...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I live in Manitoba so the cold here is disgusting, but unless you're driving a vehicle older than 2002, you never really need to heat up your vehicle for engine purposes...

You heat up the vehicle so you don't freeze yourself to death inside the vehicle. It's never safe to just drive without clearing iceand frost in all your windows though so its best to warm the vehicle to get rid of all the frost.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    5-10 is more than enough, imo.

Anything more, and you're wasting gas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    5-10 is more than enough, imo.

Anything more, and you're wasting gas.
    Spurs46 would have you use a flame thrower im thinking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    WTF?

This is great running weather?
    Great to be outside.

I could do without the Gulf moisture in the summer.
    I'm not asking for blizzard but I'd like some refreshing winter air every now and then.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm not asking for blizzard but I'd like some refreshing winter air every now and then.
    We got 2 nights in a row in the mid to low 20s. Not really enough.

Finally killed back some of my plants that had been growing right through the winter.
    I wonder if we will ever see snow on the ground again...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I parked my car in front of my building the other night, rather than in the parking garage..the windows were covered in ice and frost, it probably took at least 15 minutes of defrosting(after scraping) just to feel comfortable driving..

If I had left after a minute, I would have killed at least 5 people, tbh..
    I hope you did not have a choice between parking garage and street in front of building. ???

No access to a plug in? Those things are golden, keep the engine warm overnight so it warm upon fire up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I live in Manitoba so the cold here is disgusting, but unless you're driving a vehicle older than 2002, you never really need to heat up your vehicle for engine purposes...

You heat up the vehicle so you don't freeze yourself to death inside the vehicle. It's never safe to just drive without clearing iceand frost in all your windows though so its best to warm the vehicle to get rid of all the frost.

Engine block heater.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OK buddy, you go with th cat litter and sock, I'll stick with the defrost button.
    I've never tried the silica litter and a sock for moisture. But i might.
    You've never tried this, rookie:
    http://www.bputah.com/Parts/Land_Ran...ock_Heater.htm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Again, I have to question if what you're saying is bull . If you lived in cold-weather climates before then you know that there's nothing worse than freezing your s off in the morning before your body is fully acclimated to the conditions.
    It's called a car cover Numb Nutts.
    the Krew

Instead of sitting in your car jacking off for 15 minutes, yeah invest in a car cover.
    Your Backpage.com date may appreciate you more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's all fine and good except when it's cold as outside the relative humidty drops very low so it's not why you need a defroster. You breathing inside your car is however. So unless you want to breathe through cat litter, just use the defroster. The icing on the windshield can be thwarted with a 100W bulb on an extenstion cord looped through your car window (at your own risk). IPA is also a good remedy, it will cut the ice quickly (use caution if you have a small crack on your windshield, it will spread quickly if you hit it with liquid while cold). Diesels have heaters you can plug in and it can prevent even ice on your windshield (and you'll see that round patch of bare hood in the morning, and a higher electric bill).

Besides, how long do you want to keep your car? In very frigid temps, older engines get brittle and you'll find bits of metal in the oil pan if you get crazy on the throttle during warming, however some diesels will not get warm enough at idle to maintain suitable temps for cabin environments. Some diesels have built in heaters that just compensate for that, and some have high idle mods to keep the engine temps up. Newer car parts are often hardened through ion implantation so they do not chip during cold starts.

You might not read that on the web, I just happen it know it for a fact.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's called a car cover Numb Nutts.
    the Krew

Instead of sitting in your car jacking off for 15 minutes, yeah invest in a car cover.
    Your Backpage.com date may appreciate you more.
    Yeah, that's a great solution. Instead of sitting indoors while your car heats up, go out and beat the ice off the car cover, then get that all over you as you remove the cover and place it in your garage where it likely melts and makes a wet mess. Then you have to deal with a cold car nonetheless. Brilliant. Garage anyone?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Per usual..... gs posts a stupid thread asking stupid questions. Everyone reacts like any normal person would, then gs gets pissy and insults people for being nice enough to let him know how big a dip he is

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Also just pour Coke on your windows, it will clear off the ice super fast, and as an added bonus for Fabbs, his broke ass can collect it off the ground to make a Coke sno cone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't imagine a woman putting up with somebody who skimps on heat and has cat litter all over his car--just so you can get an extra 15-20K miles out of your ol' beater.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, that's a great solution. Instead of sitting indoors while your car heats up, go out and beat the ice off the car cover, then get that all over you as you remove the cover and place it in your garage where it likely melts and makes a wet mess. Then you have to deal with a cold car nonetheless. Brilliant. Garage anyone?
    Try upping your troll game. If The Laundry Krew is going to pretend like they have lived up North....

You really don't know how to take a car cover off?
    https://youtu.be/_UErimZAR4I

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only if you have an old carbureted engine.

Thread Information