Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    just realized that gs and cat lyfe scrub would make perfect housemates

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    TV show this a.m. had a piece that said cat litter (preferably the silicon type, whatever that is) rolled up in socks etc sucks the moisture out of the inside of the car.

I'm not confirming nor denying, it was a reputable show. I'll see if i can get a link.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Pretty sure no one cares about having powdery snow on their cars as it would just fly off anyhow. It's the frozen that you have to beat off (your specialty) with a scraper. I'd like to see you fold that off the car and recover your car cover without making a mess.

I lived in Denver before you were born and lived in Bolton Ontario as well so I know enough about it. Car cover has nothing to do with cold starts and I'm not standing out in the freezing rain putting a cover on a car. Since you're too poor to buy gas, your car (if you have one) likely just sits at your apartment complex idle.
    if you live up north, get a house with a in garage. preferably detached

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why a detached garage?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and if u got a car port make sure its roof is slanted to one side instead of that traditional pointy going down t he middle, so in the future if u intend to put up walls to turn it into a room, the rain will slide down to one side of the roof inclination, instead of dripping to ur main brick wall house and down t he gutters...cause theres a high chance your house or the new carport room has a leakage cause carports are never built to be waterproof from the joints that is attached to a existing wall compared to the normal way of building a new room extension

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    and if u got a car port make sure its roof is slanted to one side instead of that traditional pointy going down t he middle, so in the future if u intend to put up walls to turn it into a room, the rain will slide down to one side of the roof inclination, instead of dripping to ur main brick wall house and down t he gutters...cause theres a high chance your house or the new carport room has a leakage cause carports are never built to be waterproof from the joints that is attached to a existing wall compared to the normal way of building a new room extension
    Believe me I learned this the hard way as I built houses in Columbus, OH... can cost upwards of $15K if you're not careful tbh.

If you go about building a garage/carport, it's better to maintain it that way. Don't plan on turning half of it into a room or mancave or some . If you only want to use half for your car then use the other half to store lawnmowers, chemicals, garden stuff, poisons etc. Stuff you don't want in the main part of your house.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Why a detached garage?
    Mainly a personal preference, but it's never really a good idea to get one of those multi-story houses where the garage is under the master bedroom or another bedroom upstairs. Not only does it cause drafts to seep upstairs in the summertime, but also insects and rodents get up in your house a lot easier because no climate control in there. Raises average cost of electricity per square foot. I guess the main advantage is that it does provide a little more shelter and warmth for your car, but not much.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Nobody does this to warm the engine up, they do it to defrost the windows and make the inside habitable for their morning commute.
    Link didn't work; but I used to have to warm it up or the fluids froze and/or battery went out. Some people buy overnight engine warmers that plug in to ac outlets to prevent that.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    and The Laundry Krew taking a short break from posting:
    From left to right, they were?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College