Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Don't always agree with ya but valid points except ...
    I never hear how Blake has never made the WCF only Paul ...I know he is younger ...but still.
    Choke's teammates always get the blame when his teams bow out in the first or second round, especially Blake.

The best example of this is probably the Houston series a couple years ago. Somehow the narrative ended up being that the collapse was mostly Blake's fault. Never mind the fact that they were triple-teaming him in that dreadful fourth quarter of Game 6 and nobody could take advantage. Or that until he made a meaningless garbage-time three at the end, Choke was 1-6 with zero assists in that fourth quarter. Or that Blake won a game in Houston as the alpha, something Choke wasn't able to do. Or that Choke came out timid and scared to shoot until garbage time in Game 7 even though Terry and Prigioni were guarding him. Nope - Paul's protected, so it's never his fault in Media's eyes when he loses.

Or take the backdoor sweep against Memphis in 2013. The narrative for that one was that we lost because Blake was "soft" and "scared of ZBo." Never mind the fact that he was playing with a high ankle sprain for much of that series because our re of a coach was running intense full-contact practices between playoff games. Or that Choke disappeared in Game 3 and shat the bed in the fourth quarter of Game 4. Again, Choke's protected, so Blake ended up playing the role of the scapegoat.

So I would say we hear an awful lot about Blake not getting it done in the playoffs, even when it's not his fault. Meanwhile, he gets no credit when he does step up in the playoffs - such as the aforementioned win in Houston, or the triple-double he put up in Game 7 against the Spurs that same year, or the 2012 Spurs series where he was clearly our best player and got no help from CP0, or the 2014 Warriors series where he averaged more points on a higher shooting percentage than CP0 and won in spite of CP0 getting worked and dominated by Curry. That never gets mentioned because it contradicts Media's narrative. They'd rather push fake news about how CP0's a monster in the clutch and he's literally never had any help.

And don't forget, Choke-P has failed without Blake. Blake has never really had the opportunity yet to succeed or fail without Choke-P.

Oh and you do the same with Pau Kobe...
    It's funny you mention that, because the same dynamic is at play here. Choke-P is Kobe and Blake is MVPau.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Choke's teammates always get the blame when his teams bow out in the first or second round, especially Blake.

The best example of this is probably the Houston series a couple years ago. Somehow the narrative ended up being that the collapse was mostly Blake's fault. Never mind the fact that they were triple-teaming him in that dreadful fourth quarter of Game 6 and nobody could take advantage. Or that until he made a meaningless garbage-time three at the end, Choke was 1-6 with zero assists in that fourth quarter. Or that Blake won a game in Houston as the alpha, something Choke wasn't able to do. Or that Choke came out timid and scared to shoot until garbage time in Game 7 even though Terry and Prigioni were guarding him. Nope - Paul's protected, so it's never his fault in Media's eyes when he loses.

Or take the backdoor sweep against Memphis in 2013. The narrative for that one was that we lost because Blake was "soft" and "scared of ZBo." Never mind the fact that he was playing with a high ankle sprain for much of that series because our re of a coach was running intense full-contact practices between playoff games. Or that Choke disappeared in Game 3 and shat the bed in the fourth quarter of Game 4. Again, Choke's protected, so Blake ended up playing the role of the scapegoat.

So I would say we hear an awful lot about Blake not getting it done in the playoffs, even when it's not his fault. Meanwhile, he gets no credit when he does step up in the playoffs - such as the aforementioned win in Houston, or the triple-double he put up in Game 7 against the Spurs that same year, or the 2012 Spurs series where he was clearly our best player and got no help from CP0, or the 2014 Warriors series where he averaged more points on a higher shooting percentage than CP0 and won in spite of CP0 getting worked and dominated by Curry. That never gets mentioned because it contradicts Media's narrative. They'd rather push fake news about how CP0's a monster in the clutch and he's literally never had any help.

And don't forget, Choke-P has failed without Blake. Blake has never really had the opportunity yet to succeed or fail without Choke-P.

It's funny you mention that, because the same dynamic is at play here. Choke-P is Kobe and Blake is MVPau.
    Great points until the end if a bit exaggerated ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Don't always agree with ya but valid points except ...
    I never hear how Blake has never made the WCF only Paul ...I know he is younger ...but still.
    Blake when has NEVER been outplayed H2H when he has been healthy meanwhile Choke-P even when he was HEALTHY has been outplayed by lesser players.

'08-'09 was Choke-P's PEAK season & he got destroyed by Billups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great points until the end if a bit exaggerated ...
    Yeah, Blake never had to be told to put his big boy pants.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CALLING OUT SPUR AND rOX FAN?
    Everyone knows the Rockets, as constructed are a regular season team and the Clippers have San Antonio's number.

Pau (historically clowned by Deandre and Griffin, mind you) replacing Duncan is also the nail in the coffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 on the trade block now?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choke Paul most overrated pg in the pg rich era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't care what CN say; Chris Paul is still clearly the Clippers MVP

They really have no option but to pay him in the summer..And if they decide to shake it up after another playoffs disappointment, either Blake or Deandre should be traded or let walk...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How many times does Choke Paul have to the bed in the playoffs before people stop buying into his regular season "impact"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a choker, he's a pass-first point guard. That hasn't worked in the playoffs for 30 years and even then, the guy was 6'9 and averaging 24ppg.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

I don't care what CN say; Chris Paul is still clearly the Clippers MVP

They really have no option but to pay him in the summer..And if they decide to shake it up after another playoffs disappointment, either Blake or Deandre should be traded or let walk...
    He's not a choker, he's a pass-first point guard. That hasn't worked in the playoffs for 30 years and even then, the guy was 6'9 and averaging 24ppg.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's not a choker, he's a pass-first point guard.
    He's both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His yearly hiatus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of those stats can be attributed to who replaces him. Doc's boy ain't no daisy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ligament eh? This could be the end.
    He's almost Spurs level signing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-5 with Blake back and no CP3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake has been pretty good since returning, tbh..he was a monster, last night..

The problem is that Raymond Felton is their only other PG(pretty good backup, but shouldn't be starting)..Rivers and Crawford are black holes, and that's who they have running their offense for most of the game..

Re 's decline looks like it's beginning, too..also, they don't have any 2-way players outside of Chris Paul..

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see-pee-not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's almost Spurs level signing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3's impact is undeniable. It shows you just how good he is that without him and even Blake playing well they are such a limited team on both ends.

With him? He legit scares the Spurs. Huge impact on both ends. I'm pretty sure CP3's on/off is again blowing away most everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Blake is out the Clippers have to start ex-player Paul Pierce or some D-Leaguer insted of him and CPAlpha still wins them games at a better ratio than with Griffin, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Choke Paul's impact is overrated because Coach Doc has no offensive gameplan besides "do whatever you want, CP0" and GM Doc has loaded this roster with scrubs and old fossils. Also, DJ has quietly become one of the laziest and softest players in the league. The guy's getting punked by the likes of Mozgov, JaVale McGee and Salah Mejri on the regular. He thinks he's a star who can coast now since he finally got a pity All-Star nod.

We should never lose when Blake puts up a triple-double and Austin actually looks like an NBA player for once. The fact that those happened last night and we still lost by 9 isn't because of Choke Paul - it's a testament to Doc Rivers' failure on every level as GM and coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP3's impact is undeniable. It shows you just how good he is that without him and even Blake playing well they are such a limited team on both ends.

With him? He legit scares the Spurs. Huge impact on both ends. I'm pretty sure CP3's on/off is again blowing away most everyone.
    Deeps

Thread Information