Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Amazing Durant now leads the team in scoring and field goal percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    allowing kd to shoot is better then having the ball in currys hands...cause we all know kd can be contain

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    allowing kd to shoot is better then having the ball in currys hands...cause we all know kd can be contain
    Yet he is shooting the better percentage. Explain that. I can. OKC doesn't have as good of players as GS. So easier for Durant to get the shots he wants.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    they look like the got damn Olympic team for chrissakes. Firing on all cylinders currently... Skating to the finals this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds-on favorite to win the West, but I'm not sure they beat Lebron. Their interior issues also open the door for the Clippers and maybe the Spurs to upset them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my 'merican friends, let me help you with some German pragmatism.

the warriors will break down physically, already showing signs. It's hard to play against bigger guys all the time, everybody tires, no exceptions, and playing tired with a short bench is a sure recipe for injuries. This is a double whammy as the warriors are a shooting team and tired legs lead to slumps. I might even add a triple whammy as the warriors lack true leadership and they lack an alpha figure to look up to when things will get rough. And things get rough for everybody, it's natural.
    Mathematically their chances of making the finals are smaller than you think, one shooting slump or another team gets hot and the warriors are DONE in the playoffs. If they aren't shooting ridiculously they have no rebounding, no high-low action, no post presence, no inside defense, no inside scoring, a weak bench. Remember those indiana vs heat games where roy hibbert looked like shaq? The spurs and clippers are bad matchups.

The results also show these facts, with them having close games vs trash like pelicans, phoenix, lakers or bucks, while also having poor results against the only quality teams they've faced: blown out by the spurs, tight win over a raptors(coming from a b2b with the cavs, also missing players key players!). They're lucky to be 15-2 after one of the weakest schedules in history (pelicans x2, suns x2, lakersx3, wolves, mavs, nuggets, okc).

The warriors are a perfect example of overspecialization leading to loss of adaptability. In football you can see this with many great teams, in that they play a single system to perfection but when they are challenged they can't adapt (e.g. barca vs inter or vs bayern, vs atletico, brasil in the late 70s and 80s, etc, argentina vs chile, etc). You can see it in many types of games. You can even see it in financial markets, and in game theory in general.

Adaptability to threats is also how you distinguish between knowledgeable people and casuals in sports, the casuals discuss margins of victory against non-threats while the knowledgeable people discuss in adaptability to threats. You win rings by adapting to threats not by beating the bottom feeders by 50.

TLDR : overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They look great beating up teams like today, Twolves, Nuggets, Suns etc and the commentary and wagon fans make me laugh (why do I watch? Someone up the back just asked, because I was watching Towns) but let's see them again up against Spurs, Clips and Cavs under pressure later on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my 'merican friends, let me help you with some German pragmatism.
    TLDR : overrated.
    Nicely done.
    If you would lose your association with got Lakers you would gain even more cred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure David Lee has and will continue to add some valuable insight into the mind of Soft Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol they've been feasting on garbage teams. They really aren't that intimidating with their marshmallow soft interior and one defensive player on the whole team tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are only 4 good teams in NBA which are the Warriors,Clippers,Spurs,Cavs. Outside of these 4 teams the rest of the league is garbage. So it's not shocking that Warriors are racking up wins. I expect them to win 60 plus wins but I don't think they can beat the Spurs,Cavs,Clippers in a 7 game series due to having a weak interior defense. Also I factor in that they don't have a bench which is another obstacle that is hard to overcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope they keep winning and keep Klay happy before the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shows just how ty the NBA is that 25 of 30 teams are "weak schedule".

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    they staaaaaaaaaaacked, but is the league ed? Not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland would beat them easily.

I also like the Spurs length vs them. David Lee on a mission.

I like my chances vs them compared to Clippers. I would avoid Clippers at all costs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nicely done.
    If you would lose your association with got Lakers you would gain even more cred.
    son I'm a laker fan because I was an exchange student for a couple of years in the early 90s in the LA area, where I still got family. I'm an LA Showtime fan and magic stan, and in no way or form a kirby fan. I actually dislike kobe and the kobe/laker fans, just a bunch of beta gots tbh. I like good basketball tbh, I frankly don't give a who wins, I like solid, team first, pass the ing ball basketball and I dislike gimmicky or ref crap like the warriors. Probably a bit of a lebeta fan, he is just too good of a player to not appreciate even though he can be a pussy

For me the only team worth stanning for is my country tbh. #1 s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have feasted on a bunch of ty and injured teams ..(only Raptors win was impressive).

Pacers: without PG/CJ Miles/Turner
    Celtics: without Crowder/Horford
    Lakers: 2x without D'Bust/Randle/Young
    Pelicans: 2x (AD + D leaguers)
    Mavs: 3rd stringers
    Suns: 2x

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Nothing is easy in the NBA. The warriors won't EASILY win the le....just as the Cavs won't easily beat the warriors. Look how hard it was for the cavs to beat them last year. I think they have the best shot at winning the the le but it will be hard just like every other le won in professional sports. As for this easy schedule bull i don't wanna hear it. They whooped Portland on the road, the Thunder, the celtics on the road, and the raptors. If it was so easy to beat these mediocre NBA teams how come everyone isn't 15-2

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Bogut (even no Speights) in the playoffs will doom them, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will still choke when it matters, team of betas with a lot of holes in it.

Yeah they can score, cool, they could score last year too....

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Apparently you do not understand what makes the motion offense optimally efficient.

Matt Bonner wasn't a pick and Pop guy. He was a spread four. There's a huge difference IMO.

When you have 48 minutes of pick and pop guys utilized in your offense-- the overall offense will suffer and will not be optimally effective/efficient especially in a series vs. a great team. Good teams/defenses will stay at home on the weakside almost always -- giving up the 15-18 footer to the Arthurs and David Wests of the NBA. Its the worst shot an offense can take and it doesn't take any effort from the weak-side perimeter defenders. Weak-side perimeter defenders stay at home and it becomes a lot harder for the motion offense to develop the highest +EV shots ( open corner 3's on weak-side, layups/dunks or open 3's in general).

That is what made Splitter w/ the 2nd unit so valuable and thats why they almost always built on to leads. It was a lay up or a wide open three for the Spurs offense every possession and ball-movement was effective because all 5 defenders had to scramble. Having West instead of Splitter w/ 2nd unit this year hurt Spurs motion offense when it mattered (vs elite teams; it wasn't as efficient), all five defenders didn't have to scramble as much because they didn't have to worry about a diver sucking in the defense in the middle of the lane -- the defenders of the PnR would just stay under and gave the mid-range to West. It allowed the weak-side perimeter D stay at home and it became really difficult for Green, Mills or Manu to get going or to get off a clean look.

As for Bonner, he was never a mid-range pick and pop guy -- he was a spread four and opponents had to defend Bonner if he did pop out because he popped out to the three point line and was very efficient. A wide open three is a much more valuable shot than a open mid-range two in the long run -- its not even close. Plus, Bonner was most effective when he played with Splitter or healthy TD -- both were great divers in the motion offense from 12-14'.

Look at the Warriors offense for example -- they have 48 minutes of offense that features a diver in at all times ( Bogut/Ezeli) -- which helps their motion offense be optimally effective.

Maybe now you understand why I'm saying Spurs don't need another pick and pop midrange big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have feasted on a bunch of ty and injured teams ..(only Raptors win was impressive).

Pacers: without PG/CJ Miles/Turner
    Celtics: without Crowder/Horford
    Lakers: 2x without D'Bust/Randle/Young
    Pelicans: 2x (AD + D leaguers)
    Mavs: 3rd stringers
    Suns: 2x
    Raps was on a back to back. They have a favourbale schedule, IIRC in 82

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yet he is shooting the better percentage. Explain that. I can. OKC doesn't have as good of players as GS. So easier for Durant to get the shots he wants.
    OKC had MUCH BETTER rim protectors, Kawhi/LeBron are going to run a train on Zaza/D-Worst.

JaVale McGee:

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    OKC had MUCH BETTER rim protectors, Kawhi/LeBron are going to run a train on Zaza/D-Worst.

JaVale McGee:
    But their offense sucked. They relied on their athleticism to make up for a ty offense. Totally different in GS.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their lack of size is really going to hurt them come playoff time. They have plenty of superstar to run o75% of the league off the court, but I think Cleveland will beat them in 6 games and the Clippers could be a dark horse to beat them in the WCF.

Thread Information