Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Melo and speed the process for Bertans aka "the future all-star".

Tony
    Green
    Kawhi
    Bertans
    Pau

Mills
    Manu
    Melo
    Lee
    Dedmon.
    assume you're trading Gasol too to somewhat make salaries match. Or completely ignoring them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    assume you're trading Gasol too to somewhat make salaries match. Or completely ignoring them.
    I didn't check the numbers but Melos and LAs salaries must not be so far off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't check the numbers but Melos and LAs salaries must not be so far off.
    I misread and thought you were trading Bertans for Melo. LMA wouldn't survive in NY in a million years

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I misread and thought you were trading Bertans for Melo. LMA wouldn't survive in NY in a million years

Not our problem once he ships out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As one of the biggest Aldridge haters on this forum, he's actually playing like I would like him to play as an individual player, ironically He has become a super role player(like Thunder Ibaka, for example)..

Unfortunately, the Spurs are built around him being the #2 option that can carry a load, and he hasn't been anywhere near that player, offensively..

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fckn NO.

You want KL in a complete bottle, trade Aldridge.

Bunch of fn wet cliff jumping tampons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. He's not built for this role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seriously starting to think this is the way to go. Let's face it, we are never going to ring with LA as the second option. Our chances of ringing cling on Murray and Bertans development in the next few years and/or the moves we could make. Speeding up the process of at least Bertans could be beneficiary for the near future. Switching a midrange shooter (LA) for a three point shooter (Bertans), in the SL, is another win for in today's NBA, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seriously starting to think this is the way to go. Let's face it, we are never going to ring with LA as the second option. Our chances of ringing cling on Murray and Bertans development in the next few years and/or the moves we could make. Speeding up the process of at least Bertans could be beneficiary for the near future. Switching a midrange shooter (LA) for a three point shooter (Bertans), in the SL, is another win for in today's NBA.
    Bertans is gone next year. Only a one season contract.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fckn NO.

You want KL in a complete bottle, trade Aldridge.

Bunch of fn wet cliff jumping tampons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is gone next year. Only a one season contract.
    We re-sign him, tbh.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd keep him for this season. I'd move him after the season if looking forward I thought he was going to want a bigger contract than he's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you seriously think that trading LA for a decent wing and a third string Center would limit this team's WCF ceiling? At this point, I trully don't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with Harlem in how he needs to be like OKCs Ibaka ( value tied to interior & PnR defense & boards). His offense is incredibly limited due to his inefficiency outside of his overrated mid range.

Aldridge is too predictable and too sloppy on the block. Smart teams never double ...those open 3s on strong side Danny gets vs the Kings and Lakers are fools gold. Ive been saying this after a lot of ST bold and greys overrate his true offensive value. He doesnt create good looks with the ball for himself or anyone...hes just a finisher that can Pop out in PnRs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you seriously think that trading LA for a decent wing and a third string Center would limit this team's WCF ceiling? At this point, I trully don't.
    Something along the lines of Terrence Ross and Lucas Nogueira.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with Harlem in how he needs to be like OKCs Ibaka ( value tied to interior & PnR defense & boards). His offense is incredibly limited due to his inefficiency outside of his overrated mid range.

Aldridge is too predictable and too sloppy on the block. Smart teams never double ...those open 3s on strong side Danny gets vs the Kings and Lakers are fools gold. Ive been saying this after a lot of ST bold and greys overrate his true offensive value. He doesnt create good looks with the ball for himself or anyone...hes just a finisher that can Pop out in PnRs.
    Well he still get doubled a ton. I think you are giving him the Melo treatment and taking the hate too far. He has a legit shot out to the 3point line. He's just struggling.

He's never going to be mega efficient and you are correct about his post game (he needs to keep working on seeing doubles better) but he still has plenty of gravity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something along the lines of Terrence Ross and Lucas Nogueira.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Agreed on Aldridge. Not understanding the love for him at all. He couldn't even get the blazers out of the first round of the playoffs. But Ibaka didn't have a ton of success outside of playing against the Spurs and OKC never won the le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how low I think of him right now, tbh.

If it could get done I would trade him for nothing but draft picks. I honestly think this team wouldn't miss a beat without his softass turnaround bricks. We are beating any 1st round team, and he's not a game changer against any possible 2nd round opponent, against a healthy Clippers team we're losing either way, and we can beat the Rockets and Jazz without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how low I think of him right now, tbh.

If it could get done I would trade him for nothing but draft picks. I honestly think this team wouldn't miss a beat without his softass turnaround bricks. We are beating any 1st round team, and he's not a game changer against any possible 2nd round opponent, against a healthy Clippers team we're losing either way, and we can beat the Rockets and Jazz without him.
    Even just his defense gives SA a chance against anyone outside of GS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even just his defense gives SA a chance against anyone outside of GS
    Trade him for Robin Lopez if you want defense. I might be overreacting right now, but my patience just ran out with his inefficient, sissy ass offensive game.

Here's to hoping this is rock bottom for him and he picks it up from here, as he did last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You're not going to get equal value in return. He's annoyingly soft and inconsistent, and will always be inefficient, but he's still easily our best #2 option, so we gotta roll with him. Just have to hope he becomes more consistent and mans up for the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody knows how much I dislike Aldridge(the infamous 80+ page thread from last year), but he's actually been a legitimate defensive anchor, this season..he has been extremely disappointing offensively, but he has become one of the best super role players in the NBA(Ibaka, Bosh, Gobert type)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trade LA now and no big free agent will ever come here again

Thread Information