Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't really be able to replace Aldridge's impact, tbh..

Ideally, the Spurs would acquire a penetrating guard and another shooter..statistically, the Spurs are a bottom-level team at the drive and kick, which is worrisome when compared to their peers:

Houston #2
    Golden State #7
    Cleveland #9
    Spurs #21(only Memphis and Utah are worse among playoff teams in either conference, and the latter has been killed by injuries to their guards)

Unfortunately, losing Aldridge would kill the team's defense and lower its ceiling(since he's still an effective scorer when he's hot), though..Dedmon could replace his defense for stretches, but he's a foul machine that can't give you more than 15 MPG(and doesn't have an offensive game)..Pau could replace his offense, but he's nowhere near the defender..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't really be able to replace Aldridge's impact, tbh..

Ideally, the Spurs would acquire a penetrating guard and another shooter..statistically, the Spurs are a bottom-level team at the drive and kick, which is worrisome when compared to their peers:

Houston #2
    Golden State #7
    Cleveland #9
    Spurs #21(only Memphis and Utah are worse among playoff teams in either conference, and the latter has been killed by injuries to their guards)

Unfortunately, losing Aldridge would kill the team's defense and lower its ceiling(since he's still an effective scorer when he's hot), though..Dedmon could replace his defense for stretches, but he's a foul machine that can't give you more than 15 MPG(and doesn't have an offensive game)..Pau could replace his offense, but he's nowhere near the defender..
    What trade would you target for Aldridge? Is Cousins being shopped at all? Maybe target some plays from Pacers or Minny? PG13/Miles Turner/Wiggins

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    trading la alone won't magically fix things.

you still have parker, who managed to put up 2 assists and 2 turnovers in 29 minutes last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trading la alone won't magically fix things.

you still have parker, who managed to put up 2 assists and 2 turnovers in 29 minutes last night.
    I'm for trading him tbh

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I can say is that I hope you aren't managing your own 401K's.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I don't see why anyone cares at all what he does versus weak teams. We already know what he can do in the post-season. Everything else is just spinning wheels. Then again, you want to drop two firsts to bring in Rubio, so we just aren't going to agree on the roster in all likelihood.
    Attacking for a year old post that was prior to Murray's relevancy and traded players no longer on the team? Come on you're better than that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attacking for a year old post that was prior to Murray's relevancy and traded players no longer on the team? Come on you're better than that
    I'm not attacking you. This is Spurstalk. Attacks don't have to be subtle here. You and I just fundamentally do not agree on the roster. In the same way you thought guys like Rubio were upgrades, you think it's possible to upgrade from LMA. Or you believe that the Spurs should not push to win this season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    are the spurs still interested in ibaka?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What trade would you target for Aldridge? Is Cousins being shopped at all? Maybe target some plays from Pacers or Minny? PG13/Miles Turner/Wiggins
    There's no realistic trade for Aldridge that would make the Spurs better, tbh..

Realistically, the Spurs probably aren't winning a le until they improve their PG situation, barring injury..Parker is virtually useless and Mills is a SG..every other top team has good to great PGs(Curry, Harden, Paul, Conley, Westbrook, Kyrie, Wall, Lowry, Thomas)..

Sucks, because the Spurs wouldn't even need a star at PG like Curry or Westbrook..a really good PG like Dragic or even an above average guy like Hill would be fine..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are the spurs still interested in ibaka?
    Aldridge and a 1st round pick for Ibaka, Gordon and Hezonja would be a fair trade and one that would bring in the youth to build around Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is one of the best big man defenders in the league so even if he's not great offensively hes got that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ibaka will get paid more than what LMA will earn next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not attacking you. This is Spurstalk. Attacks don't have to be subtle here. You and I just fundamentally do not agree on the roster. In the same way you thought guys like Rubio were upgrades, you think it's possible to upgrade from LMA. Or you believe that the Spurs should not push to win this season.

I think theres better fits which would be better for us. Not really a better player, but Ibaka would be a better fit here.

Rubio would be an upgrade to Parker and Mills also

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should do a trade if it presents itself. Aldridge is never going to be the guy they want him to. I hope im wrong, but I just dont see it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like Ibaka, but I wouldn't trade Aldridge for him. Next season Ibaka will probably get a bigger contract than what Aldridge has now, and he's not a better player than Aldridge. I certainly wouldn't want to trade LA for Ibaka and then have to pay Ibaka more money to stay next season than what Aldridge is getting now. If we could somehow get him as a rental for the rest of this season without giving up Kawhi or LA I'd do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like Ibaka, but I wouldn't trade Aldridge for him. Next season Ibaka will probably get a bigger contract than what Aldridge has now, and he's not a better player than Aldridge. I certainly wouldn't want to trade LA for Ibaka and then have to pay Ibaka more money to stay next season than what Aldridge is getting now. If we could somehow get him as a rental for the rest of this season without giving up Kawhi or LA I'd do it.
    I doubt that Ibaka will get a bigger contract next season than Aldridge is getting paid this season. But his being on an expiring contract is not necessarily a bad thing. The Spurs would have his Bird rights. But even if the team let Ibaka walk, that would clear cap space if the Spurs wanted to pursue Griffin. JaMychal Green and other options will also be available for less money, leaving cap space for even another significant signing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    while i've been on board to trade lma, the main problem is parker.

part of the reason i'm willing to trade lma is so that we can package tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is never going to be the guy they want him to. I hope im wrong, but I just dont see it.

Well he's not ever going to be the guy ST wants, that's for ing sure. Most people here say they wouldn't want LeBron. Definitely not Curry. They think Draymond is overrated AF. Durant is a cuck. Westbrick is a loser. Harden? Don't even talk about Harden. SpursTalk hates all those guys, and would never want them on the team.

Strangely, most of them WOULD trade the whole team for Porzingis or the Greek Freak. But as soon as they got here, people would be screaming to trade them too. Why should LMA get any special treatment?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while i've been on board to trade lma, the main problem is parker.

part of the reason i'm willing to trade lma is so that we can package tony.
    LOL. If we can package Tony with LA, then forget about everything I've said. I'll fly to the US, drive them to the airport and then fly back to my own country without even going anywhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Realistically, the Spurs probably aren't winning a le until they improve their PG situation, barring injury..Parker is virtually useless and Mills is a SG..every other top team has good to great PGs(Curry, Harden, Paul, Conley, Westbrook, Kyrie, Wall, Lowry, Thomas)..

Sucks, because the Spurs wouldn't even need a star at PG like Curry or Westbrook..a really good PG like Dragic or even an above average guy like Hill would be fine..
    Agree.
    But, would Griffin for Aldridge make the Spurs better or strictly a lateral move?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade LMA + Danny for Butler + RoLo
    Season with pick(s) as necessary.
    If Chicago would be game, do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I initially thought you meant Butler and Rhondo. ^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I initially thought you meant Butler and Rhondo. ^^
    LOL. No! Robin Lopez, a true center who plays hard and doesn't shy away from contact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chicago would be game, do it.
    It really sucks thinking about trading for Butler as I was looking at the 2011 draft earlier today.

29th pick Spurs draft Cory Joseph
    30th pick Bulls draft Jimmy Butler

59th pick Spurs draft Adam Hanga
    60th pick Kings draft Isaiah Thomas

I know drafting is hit and miss, but those two players were picked right after the Spurs' picks, so it kind of makes me feel like more of a close miss. So close yet so far type of thing. Spurs could have left that draft with a haul of Kawhi, Butler, Bertans and Thomas. That's almost a whole starting 5. I'm most upset about Isaiah Thomas. I loved the way he played the first time I saw him in a Kings uniform, thought he would have been sick off the bench for the Spurs - A superior version of Speedy Claxton. He's really turned himself into an amazing player. Anyone seen what he's been doing this season? Not sure if he can keep up his current play, but it appears that he's getting better and better.

Thread Information