Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit NBA player under the right cir stances and Position. I've seen enough to conclude he's easily the third best defensive player, possibly second when he plays the 4...And it it doesn't look like it matters if its against scrubs or good teams.

Length really helps him a ton and he's probably the second best help defender in the team behind Leonard.

Might be good practice for the team to keep him because Lee and Gasol are getting old..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sold on that yet... today he had a good defensive game though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poster crapping on him because he missed some assignments but he overall had a solid game and was a significant contributor to the win. On defense just needs to cover his corner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is if he plays a back up stretch 4. His D has been consistently good (except on that Love 3) but his shooting is well below par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing is, this isn't something new.

Anderson has always been fantastic defender when he plays the 4. We've seen it this year in various other games and last year.

He's never going to make it as a 3. He's way to slow and it limits him offensively and defensively...by a significant margin. Not to mention, not a good three pointer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great defensive player and will eventually get better on O as he grows more mature. People who don't think he's an NBA player really don't know what they're talking about.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Spurs material for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit NBA player under the right cir stances and Position. I've seen enough to conclude he's easily the third best defensive player, possibly second when he plays the 4...And it it doesn't look like it matters if its against scrubs or good teams.

Length really helps him a ton and he's probably the second best help defender in the team behind Leonard.

Might be good practice for the team to keep him because Lee and Gasol are getting old..
    Hedge those bets. Front runner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been an NBA-caliber player already due to his defensive prowess, tbh..there are players in the NBA that have made a living and are currently starters as defense-first players with no offensive ability(Mbah a Moute)..

Developing an offensive niche is the next step if he's going to become an ideal rotation player..I still don't think he will be able to do it here with Manu running the bench unit, but he will get a shot as Simmons is phased out of the rotation IMO(like last season)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an NBA player, but he's not a championship level player. You can have championship bench players, ala mills who fit a niche and don't usually make more mistakes than positives. Kyle will do good here and there but never consistently. He does, however, consistently have negatives. Not regular, but big ones. Such as the three wide open looks he gave up today, including what could have cost the game. Those plays.. he should not be making at this point in his career having this much experience with championship players and coaching staff.

Consistency is what he needs to be legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can give good minutes against Cleveland. He's a complete liability against GS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing is, this isn't something new.

Anderson has always been fantastic defender when he plays the 4. We've seen it this year in various other games and last year.

He's never going to make it as a 3. He's way to slow and it limits him offensively and defensively...by a significant margin. Not to mention, not a good three pointer.
    i actually thought it was telling that Pop put Green on LeBron when Kawhi left for that stretch in the 4th. That said, I think you could get away with Anderson playing Durant in stretches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must hit open corner threes
    Bruce did that and had a NBA career

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

I've been begging that Pop play him at the 4 as a poor-man's Draymond Green & Pau's injury might be the best thing that happened to the team....along w/ Porker's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can give good minutes against Cleveland. He's a complete liability against GS
    There's really no difference between how he'd fit against either team.

Honestly, you might as well start him at the four for the next few weeks unless the other team plays huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to chillax... glad he helped in this win and Thanks for the post Apalisoc... since you have no qualms giving your honest opinion on the opposite direction if you believed it. I had pointed that out also but I am way too worn out and just chilling about the topic.

I thought he had improved his shot enough to stay in the floor more this season (looked much improved as a jumpshooter over the summer) but it's obvious his hesitation got him benched. His defensive impact has been noticeable also last season. If he was going to be a 4 he needed to grow into his body. He came in a lot skinnier and weaker. Hopefully he keeps up the shooting practice.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Must hit open corner threes
    Bruce did that and had a NBA career
    He isn't Bruce Bowen who was actually more like Danny, Kyle is a finesse version of Draymond Green who was a ty 3 point shooter at the same point of his career as Kyle: http://bkref.com/tiny/bHwlu

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If he was going to be a 4 he needed to grow into his body. He came in a lot skinnier and weaker. Hopefully he keeps up the shooting practice.
    He needs to get on the Diaw diet since Boris didn't have a problem filling out his body; chef Tony might also help.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be pf and he'd be great on a team that had great off ball players. Especially if he could get the three ball going.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Box says 4 STL

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He should be pf and he'd be great on a team that had great off ball players. Especially if he could get the three ball going.
    He would be very valuable against the Rockets to guard Dekker who went off tonight. David Lee got murdered by Dekker anytime he was on him this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The usual suspects doing what the usual suspects do.

There's only one way the Spurs could lose that game, with .6 seconds left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The usual suspects doing what the usual suspects do.

There's only one way the Spurs could lose that game, with .6 seconds left.

Who left Robert Horry open in game 5 2002-2003? That's right stfu...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to chillax... glad he helped in this win and Thanks for the post Apalisoc... since you have no qualms giving your honest opinion on the opposite direction if you believed it. I had pointed that out also but I am way too worn out and just chilling about the topic.

I thought he had improved his shot enough to stay in the floor more this season (looked much improved as a jumpshooter over the summer) but it's obvious his hesitation got him benched. His defensive impact has been noticeable also last season. If he was going to be a 4 he needed to grow into his body. He came in a lot skinnier and weaker. Hopefully he keeps up the shooting practice.
    People hate me here because I change my opinion based on player merit. My username is because of Parker, the same player people claim I hate so much..No doubt I hated his antics the last couple of years, but it was for a reason..but I've always loved Tony.

People just hate people that have honest, genuine opinions..Someone that is man enough, to admit mistakes and change his opinion. That's me.

Thread Information